Cricket 07's Gameplays vs Ashes 09's Gameplay

Which Game Has a Better Gameplay?

• Total voters

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Some people are have said cricket 2007's gameplay is better than ashes 2009 i dont think so but want to know the opinion of pc members what do they feel about gameplay only.i know ashes graphics are much better but what about gameplay?Please post you thoughts??

Last edited:
ashes 2009 gameplay is better than ashes 2009
double_facepalm_lg.jpg

Last edited:
A patched version of Cricket 07 is in my opinion much better than Ashes 09. This is largely due to the ease in which one can slog all over the place in Ashes 09, even on hard, and the abysmal AI field placings. If these could be fixed it would be playable. I do find the bowling process in Ashes more enjoyable than in Cricket 07 but overall Cricket 07 wins it easily for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe in terms of placing the ball in the gaps, ashes 09 is way better also in shot selection and same goes for bowling, cric07 is harder to play when in 5star mode, but its not realistic, the ball flies of the edge when you've clearly middle'd it or the 1st slip dives to 4th to take a catch, the fielders run slower than dwayne leverock and do the most stupid misfields, shots selection are also stupid.

Overall even though both games have flaws ashes 09 does have better gameplay, and when we finish patching ashes 09 it will truly be great:)

ashes cricket 09 is better than cricket 07 in all ways. in AC09 we place the ball in every where but in EAC07 when we place the ball in same shot ball going to the same fielder for example if we played ball to the square leg from 10 balls 7 times going to the fielder fielding near leg umpire. so i dont like it.

AC09 is better than EAC07.(in my ways)

Ashes Cricket 09 is better than Cricket 07 on the PC.

Cricket 07's batting system is more monotonous compared to AC 09 where you can pick your gaps yourself rather than pray for a lucky shot through them fielders using fixed directional shots. The edges are more realistic in AC 09 as well.

Fielders always magically throw the ball exactly to the bowler or the wicketkeeper which almost never results in a over throw. Realistic? Not. AC 09 is better in terms of variable throws.

In my opinion, I find it hard to separate the bowling system in both the games but I would choose AC 09 more like a personal preference than a better option.

Field settings are of course not very good in both the games so I suppose this is where both games actually meet on common grounds. :P

Ashes 2009 because I played Cricket 07 on PS2 and I puked

AS of gameplay for me its defenetly AC09 cozz as a cricket gaming fan i expect years and years for 360 shot direction finally we got it(picking the gaps is so realistic) but there is very strict option to play and AI is not good enough

Users who are viewing this thread