Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It is complex indeed. I've generally tried to keep things as "basic" as possible, using mostly default. I've only adjusted some batting sliders because I found medium too easy but was getting slaughtered (like under 50 and not able to play an attacking shot without edging) on hard.

I do use bowling hud, but i try not to look at it for seamers, i do need it for spinners though.
I use standard for spinners, another variable, cause I dislike the spinning mechanic on classic.

I play on a modified Hard for batting I think, likewise I find Medium too easy.

I'll throw the idea out for mods/BA to decide if it'd help but maybe threads to feedback specifically about each difficulty would help. No slider adjustments just everyone play on Medium/Classic for a week and at the end of the week feedback on how it feels. Oh, everyone agrees that slogging is too hard, let's try this setting instead and see what the consensus is. Then next week we try hard. It's admirable to allow the individual adjustments but I always tried to play on default until I had to change cause I think the out of the box experience should be as good as possible. The first thing you think about when getting the game shouldn't be 'what's the best way to change it?'

You could narrow down which aren't used and just remove them. Honestly think you could lose the bottom two difficulties and no one would be bothered even without that.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone who is bored on lockdown do an AI vs AI sim test match and ODI with the latest patch. No sliders changed whatsoever, legend difficulty, soft pitch, with Wasteyouryouth's reskilled teams? Only if you are exceptionally bored. Think it would be a good test of where we are.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Tell me if I'm remembering this wrong.

One thing I really liked about the difficulty progression on the original DBC was as you went up it took away the batting aids. A really nice and simple way to increase the difficulty of the game for the player. The challenge increases because one of your training wheels has gone; you have to improve on what you've learned already or what you haven't.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Tell me if I'm remembering this wrong.

One thing I really liked about the difficulty progression on the original DBC was as you went up it took away the batting aids. A really nice and simple way to increase the difficulty of the game for the player. The challenge increases because one of your training wheels has gone; you have to improve on what you've learned already or what you haven't.
After I wrote this I went for my daily outdoor time and walked around the neighbourhood and it got me thinking. Specifically about my experience between DBC 14 and this game. I played the shit out of DBC 14 whereas this one I'm not as engaged in the playing. Obviously there are external and personal circumstances that impact that, but I had the most enjoyment out of a cricket game from DBC 14 since the original Brian Lara on the MegaDrive. It occured to me that one reason was I just picked up and played that game. Didn't worry about pitches or difficulties just went with what was there. So what's different now? Well, I spend most of my time thinking about sliders. Before I start a match, when I'm playing a match and after a match. All the bloody time. I know I could ignore them but because of who I am I can't! If they weren't there I wouldn't care but because they are it just becomes far too much of a distraction. I'm one of the first to say they game won't be perfect but I still go looking for it. It's stupid. :lol Surely I'm not the only one.

A couple of nights ago I played a couple of T20s without thinking about it, just wanted to have a go with my legend players. It was... fine. I think I lost both but it was good experience. The fielding drove me nuts, as usual, and the AI seemed a little more cautious compared with previous T20s I've played. For players of that era perhaps suitable (more precise,conservative; fewer brute/aggressive). Then I remember I had lowered a AI run rate for test matches and I hadn't changed it back aaaaand then I was, after having had a fun experience, back to thinking about sliders.

B

Bigby Wolf

Totally agree.. I do put in some strategy but if they gonna place the edges that perfectly for boundary when the runs arent coming , is even the strategy to contain of any use.. I mean if they wanna show "feeling the pressure" for AI then they could make them counter attack , maybe advance down [which they dont do ever] and try smacking one for six or move around the crease to make us change the line or even going for the big slog but ending up giving a high catch at 30 yard circle.. Not edging perfectly for four though..
Yeah even I am facing the issue of AI somehow getting a boundary every now & then no matter how well you bowl or what field you set the AI just manages to get a boundary or smacks you randomly out of nowhere to get a boundary everywhere , recently bowled quite a lot and infact played couple of test matches can say this thing happens regularly. Even in an ODI match the especially in the last couple of balls the AI just tries to hit a big one and slog you for a six even if its a perfectly executed delivery.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One thing I’d say...

After testing and playing for hours.

Veteran for me... has always been the better experience.

It’s a bit like PES and FiFa on ultimate difficulty. The scripting is far too obvious.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
One thing I’d say...

It’s a bit like PES and FiFa on ultimate difficulty. The scripting is far too obvious.
I should really give this a try. Even though I want the best AI bowling it's not like I actually do well against them.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
After I wrote this I went for my daily outdoor time and walked around the neighbourhood and it got me thinking. Specifically about my experience between DBC 14 and this game. I played the shit out of DBC 14 whereas this one I'm not as engaged in the playing. Obviously there are external and personal circumstances that impact that, but I had the most enjoyment out of a cricket game from DBC 14 since the original Brian Lara on the MegaDrive. It occured to me that one reason was I just picked up and played that game. Didn't worry about pitches or difficulties just went with what was there. So what's different now? Well, I spend most of my time thinking about sliders. Before I start a match, when I'm playing a match and after a match. All the bloody time. I know I could ignore them but because of who I am I can't! If they weren't there I wouldn't care but because they are it just becomes far too much of a distraction. I'm one of the first to say they game won't be perfect but I still go looking for it. It's stupid. :lol Surely I'm not the only one.

A couple of nights ago I played a couple of T20s without thinking about it, just wanted to have a go with my legend players. It was... fine. I think I lost both but it was good experience. The fielding drove me nuts, as usual, and the AI seemed a little more cautious compared with previous T20s I've played. For players of that era perhaps suitable (more precise,conservative; fewer brute/aggressive). Then I remember I had lowered a AI run rate for test matches and I hadn't changed it back aaaaand then I was, after having had a fun experience, back to thinking about sliders.

i loved dbc14 but I’ve got far more enjoyment from c19.

dbc14 with no edges before Franco’s hack - I rarely finished a whole match I’d just get bored. And when you’d bowl one inches outside off stump and the AI would leave it by stepping away to leg, that was when I’d usually put the game down for a while. it was game entirely without sympathy for the idea that someone might want to play out a whole test match, bowling too.

I wish we still had all the retro kit, that they’d found a way to make logo designer and sharing work AS WELL as jumpers etc. And it’s bizarre that ball and pitch wear has gone backwards, but in general this game is way above it.

I do think it’s best kept simple. Leave the AI and physics sliders, play with only the difficulty settings (AI, bat, bowling). If something is really off (as with medium batting = I score 600 every time vs hard batting = I score 60 every time then play only with the obvious sliders in that area.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And surely you have to put bowling speed up a bit?

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing I’d say...

Agree. Legend has always wielded me weird results like last ball smash and other stuff. So I stick to Veteran and tinker with the Sliders.

Abhi_Roxtar

Club Cricketer
Hey guys, I wanna know if it's possible for someone to adjust/reduce difficulty in Online despite being invited on "HARDEST" using some software or glitch in the game?
I'm asking because I suspect a guy doing it but can't ask directly... Basically, I've been playing this game from the day it was out...but never ever have I seen some auto adjustment in shots by AI on hardest level, that is... If you are looking to and play fineleg but ball is outside off, they will play with cut animation and ball will go to fineleg like an inside edge but with full power .or a backfoot shot converted to front foot because of full ball..which happens offline only in <pro difficulty as far as I'm aware of it...

Please throw some light into this.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Anyone can tell, how can the ai always only use the user created custom fields? Is there any way for this to happen?

Users who are viewing this thread