Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
so, I’ve made a very conscious decision in my current match to play as close to default as possible physics wise. The only physics changes I’ve made are upping max pace to 55 (min is still 50), and bouncer length is reduced to 40. Everything else for physics is default.

AI is legend, striker timing 33, wicket chance 38 and run rate 34.

AI has batted well with lots of leaves and defence. Aggression has been from aggressive players or well set batsmen.

AI has ticked along at between 2.9 and 3.1 an over throughout.

Wickets have been 1 caught behind (convinced he didn’t hit it!), 2 lbw (1 dodgy, 1 plumb), 1 caught in the ring at forward square leg (1 dropped there also), 1 bat pad, 1 caught slip, 1 caught gully, 1 run out (wasn’t particularly dodgy, and had direct hit from a very good fielder).

I still think bounce is too high, there’s been ones going over the stumps from full length and certainly from “shorter” full, but the outcome has been very good: wouldn’t have got the ring catch if they hadn’t played a back foot pull to one that was too full!
Are you playing on a hard pitch? Who is bowling these full ones that goes over the stumps?

AnkitC

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does the bowling speed effect the bounce? I suppose in RL it will do of course if you can slam it into a pitch faster but in the game as well?

It sure does increase the carry. Which in turn may mean extra bounce too.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Does the bowling speed effect the bounce? I suppose in RL it will do of course if you can slam it into a pitch faster but in the game as well?
My experience testing is that bowling speed definitely increases the bounce. When I just upped it a little I had more bouncer wides; I still get them but not as frequently.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
so, I’ve made a very conscious decision in my current match to play as close to default as possible physics wise. The only physics changes I’ve made are upping max pace to 55 (min is still 50), and bouncer length is reduced to 40. Everything else for physics is default.

AI is legend, striker timing 33, wicket chance 38 and run rate 34.

AI has batted well with lots of leaves and defence. Aggression has been from aggressive players or well set batsmen.

AI has ticked along at between 2.9 and 3.1 an over throughout.

Wickets have been 1 caught behind (convinced he didn’t hit it!), 2 lbw (1 dodgy, 1 plumb), 1 caught in the ring at forward square leg (1 dropped there also), 1 bat pad, 1 caught slip, 1 caught gully, 1 run out (wasn’t particularly dodgy, and had direct hit from a very good fielder).

I still think bounce is too high, there’s been ones going over the stumps from full length and certainly from “shorter” full, but the outcome has been very good: wouldn’t have got the ring catch if they hadn’t played a back foot pull to one that was too full!

That's interesting... I've been having some very good 100 over matches bowling as both sides. Weird I know, but it just seems to be the balance between having a long innings and actually getting varied dismissals. I have to save scum though to erase all the stupid runouts. I think the bigger the field, the more stupid runouts. I'm still yearning for a mistimed drive to mid off or mid on though. (I think we get them at short cover?)

I'll see what a test match with your settings looks like.

I always wondered if there were different AI outcomes for different stadiums (default v user created). Remember that patch where the AI batsman edged everything on just user created stadiums?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My experience testing is that bowling speed definitely increases the bounce. When I just upped it a little I had more bouncer wides; I still get them but not as frequently.

I found seam angle does affect bounce as well for in/out swing, stock ball and cross seam (naturally). This is of course in correlation with pitch type and hardness.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I found seam angle does affect bounce as well for in/out swing, stock ball and cross seam (naturally). This is of course in correlation with pitch type and hardness.
Yes! Adjusting the seam does also affect the length. Although, if it is AI bowling I don't think it would use the seam control.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here's a couple of examples of my bad batting but also the precise/lofted shot (chip shot) going wrong and how nice it looks.

Definitely feel like this needs to be what happens more often from AI and human player, particularly when Normal shots and Aggressive grounded shots are misqueued.

Essentially we just need AI to try attacking grounded and chip shots in test matches... That's my theory anyway. That can also be linked to mentality. Remember Pietersen's "irresponsible" dissmisals?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Essentially we just need AI to try attacking grounded and chip shots in test matches... That's my theory anyway. That can also be linked to mentality. Remember Pietersen's "irresponsible" dissmisals?
I think that could wind up with horrible results and having them lobbing four and sixes over the infield. I find when they get to green confidence they'll start smashing it anyway. It's more about trying to have better outcomes from normal and aggressive grounded shots. At the moment it you get less power so the ball drops into the ground, the aggressive grounded shot always feels like a bit of sweaty shot because it rarely leads to a wicket unless you find an edge.

I'm all for realism in terms of early or late shots having realistic outcomes, but if they need to cheat a little to have a few more catches popping up to the infield then I doubt anyone would complain.

Users who are viewing this thread