Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

What would be better during these times?

1. Continue Supporting Cricket 19 with new DLC's and gameplay fixes to improve the game significantly.
2. Make a new cricket 2021 game altogether with new things.
Both, maybe?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Its all depends i suppose on the feasibility of updating the graphics engine at this point over say in a years time.Its really got to be next gen and i would imagine that isn't cheap to develop.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I am almost sure that COVID must have hampered their plans for a new game because that's the case for many other Game Developers.. Maybe That's why they gave Cricket 19 a DLC.

And the thing Cricket 19 still suffers is the Bugs and the Gameplay issues the game has. I feel like all those things could be resolved in these times to make it much MUCH better. Many other patches and DLC's like BBL and IPL (If Possible coz it's not that easy to get) could be added too.

But still, I would love to see a new cricket game with new features, animations, actions, modes, improved gameplay, more variety etc.., But In my opinion, I think rushing the game out during these times JUST because the new Ashes Series is upcoming is not a good idea. I would want to give them all the time they need to truly make it a Next-Gen Cricket Game.

Last edited:

Hardball

School Cricketer
What would be better during these times?

1. Continue Supporting Cricket 19 with new DLC's and gameplay fixes to improve the game significantly.
2. Make a new cricket 2021 game altogether with new things.
No.2

Cricket 19 is cartoony, also pro cam mode is not fun to play in this version. I hope they build a new cricket game altogether.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No.2

Cricket 19 is cartoony, also pro cam mode is not fun to play in this version. I hope they build a new cricket game altogether.
Yeah, at this stage its better for a new game altogether. I don't want to get milked via dlc like Cities Skylines or Stellaris.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Looking at the cluster f**k blowback for PES 2022 at the moment, its the exact reason why I never want to see or hear BA's cricket game coming to mobile.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Can anyone explain how the Overall Rating of a player is calculated? It's kind of misleading for me when choosing players for the match. For example, players with bowling rating 80-90+ are given an overall rating of around 40. Yes the other stats of the player are poor but he seems like an excellent bowler for the team.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
This is what I think from my experience:
BATTING:

Conservative - Players who take a lot of time to settle and hit the ball. I think this is perfect for Test Matches.
Precise - Players who get a boost in precise shot selection and timing and like to rotate the strike a lot.
Balanced - Self Explanatory.
Aggressive - Players who get a boost in aggressive shots and like to keep the score ticking.
Brute - Players who get a boost in their 6 hitting abilities and smack the ball over the rope.

As for the bowlers, I am not really sure.
Also I think I finally understood the bowling mentality too.

BOWLERS:

Conservative: Bowls Safe and attempts to force a mistake from the Batsman with little variety.
Precise: Aims for precise Line and Length with little variety to bowl difficult balls.
Balanced: Self Explanatory.
Aggressive: Willing to concede runs to trouble the Batsman with variety in his balls.
Brute: Uses a lot of Variety and forces the Batsman to play his ball.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Also I think I finally understood the bowling mentality too.

BOWLERS:

Conservative: Bowls Safe and attempts to force a mistake from the Batsman with little variety.
Precise: Aims for precise Line and Length with little variety to bowl difficult balls.
Balanced: Self Explanatory.
Aggressive: Willing to concede runs to trouble the Batsman with variety in his balls.
Brute: Uses a lot of Variety and forces the Batsman to play his ball.
That's my understanding of bowling mentalities. In terms of overalls, not really sure - this has been a topic of discussion for the lifespan of the game (we need values to properly see what is being affected as opposed to bars and arrows.) I think fielding plays a big role in terms of overalls though. A good bowler with bad fielding can be 40-50 but with decent fielding it can go up to 70-75.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I think fielding plays a big role in terms of overalls though. A good bowler with bad fielding can be 40-50 but with decent fielding it can go up to 70-75.
In that case, then a presentation which shows the separate batting, bowling and fielding rating of the player along with his overall rating would be pretty helpful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread