Cricket 2005 FAQS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is a list of faqs for cricket 2005,ive just put in a few questions and shall be updating regularly.Pleae PM me if want to add any questions.

"GENERAL QUESTIONS"

1)What the the tips for batting?

A) Basic Tip-For all amateurs,look at the cursor and hold the arrow keys accordingly just before the ball is bowled and press the corresponding shot.

Other batting tips-Try to hit the ball just at it pitches.

2)I cant get the cpu batsman out.What should i do?

A)Try putting fielders in the areas where cpu regularly hits.This will atleast stop the flow of runs.Try varying the pace of the ball and try different lines and lengths.Patience and Practice are two key issues.

3)I keep bowling no-balls,What should I do?

A)Look at the bowling meter and try stopping it before it becomes red.

4)Can the keyboard controls be changed according to the users choice?

A)No,not at this point.Try using Joy2Key if you have a joypad.

5)Why do most of the Asian Players have unknown faces?How do i solve it?

A)This can now be solved by downloading and installing the Unique Face Patch

6)I just created a player in "Create a player mode",but while starting a match,i cant see him anywhere in the lineup?

A)Follow these 3 steps.

a)Make sure you added him to a team or squad.
b)Make sure you go to My Cricket and save your roster.
c)Also save your profile after creating the player.

7)How do i use the Advance Shot effectively?

A)Well one of the key things with the advance shot button is to know exacly when to press the key or else the shot may prove ineffective.A good indicator though is pressing when is bowler is exactly about to release the ball.

"TECHNICAL QUESTIONS(INCLUDING QUESTIONS ON PATCHES)"

1)I am having problems where the rough patches are orange and there are "missing texture" written on them.This happens when I load the game after saving previously.What should I do?

A)This is a major bug of the game.To solve it try reloading again. Otherwise check out this thread.

2)How do I edit already created players?

A)Use Player Editor V3.0

3)Is it possible to edit the autoplay length to any values?

A)No.But ingame values of 5,10,15,20,50,100 overs,till the end of innings or till the fall of a wicket can be autoplayed

4)Where can i learn how to make patches?

A)Visit this thread for all the links.

5)Where can i learn how to make AI(gameplay) patches?

A)Visit this thread,it has an excellent tutorial by Boss

6)How do i edit cpu lineups?

A)You could either use the mch editor to edit the match file,but if you have a gamepad,play with two player,select your teams and then use gamchanger to change to one player mode again.Get gamc hanger here(Thanks to Prakash for this question)

7)How do i open .big files or .gob file?

A)Use BigGui.Download it here

8)Where can I learn on how to edit the AI in Cricket 2005 ?

A)This link should help you.

9)How do I get more bats in the game or how do I get the latest bats in the game?

A)Download the 4GB Batpack.

"QUESTIONS ON INSTALLATION ISSUES"

1)How do i install the patches made for cricket 2005?

A)Most of the patches can be installed by simply copying or extracting them to the cricket 2005 root folder
(Eg:C:\Program Files\EA Sports\EA Sports Cricket 2005).Look at the questions below on how to install the patches which
cannot be copied here.

2)How do I install pitch ads and stadium graphics?

A)Look at the thread(sticky) on the top of Cricket 2005 Downloads Forum started by jk16_4.You can visit the thread here

3)How do i install rosters?

A)First of all make a folder in your documents\EA Sports\EA Sports Cricket 2005 directory and rename the folder to the same
name as your username in the game.Now rename the .ros file as well to the same name as your user and paste this file inside
the folder you just created.Hope this helps.

"OTHER QUESTIONS"

1)Has EA Sports made a patch which can be downloaded?

A)Not yet although they may make one.

2)Why arent there any super subs and power plays?

A)Bringing such things are not so easy,however it may be in EA's patch or could be made by some patcher.This answer shall
be updated if either of the two occurs.

3)How do I take screenshots in the game?

A)Screenshots can be taken using the Print Screen button but it is reccomended to use a screenshot tool like Fraps

4)Im not sure which AI patch to use,what do I do?

A)Read the AI Reviews forum.

5)How do I get my face into the game?

A)Visit this post for the information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread