cricket 2005 the good and bad

Well the batting is fun and enjoyable so is the bowling..you have a auto play feature where you can either let the computer bowl or bat till a wicket has gone..or for 5 overs or for the full innings..

For me there is only one bad point is the few bugs

It's kinda scripted...the physics model isn't objective, it's too scripted. Too many shots go straight to the fielder. There's no sense of real space, just scripted shots.

The game is ok, certainly better than BLIC and certainly the best cricket game there is, but it's still not that great. There is plenty of room for improvement.

sam p said:
It's kinda scripted...the physics model isn't objective, it's too scripted. Too many shots go straight to the fielder. There's no sense of real space, just scripted shots.

The game is ok, certainly better than BLIC and certainly the best cricket game there is, but it's still not that great. There is plenty of room for improvement.

TBH Thats like real cricket if u miss time a shot by a milli second most of the time it will go to a fielder. I like the game for that reason. If you miss time you deserve to get out. Saying that it also allows you to miss time and fall short or get dropped. It is so much more of a simulation than BLIC could hope to be.

irl, it may go in the general direction of a fielder. Too many shots in Cricket 2005 go straight to the fielder, without the fielder having to even move. You can see exactly the same shot occur time and again. The same is true of BLIC, but that doens't stop it looking rather scripted.

Sup3rFly said:
It is so much more of a simulation than BLIC could hope to be.
Yes i know what you mean.BLIC is more of a hit and hope game where as cricket 2005 requires perfect timing and strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread