Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Did you simulate at any point? Or the Ai are scoring well?
Not yet simulated. Wife is already angry since been playing this game for hoursss now. The AI is scoring a tad too much for test matches. They are going after everything but again since this is a pre-release game, I would not take that seriously.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Just want to know are u facing flickering issue during game or m the only one (not talking about crowd fps issue) … thanks
Yes, I see screen flickering. Again not concerned as its not a final version. I am not picky right now.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
@WutUpMahGlipGlops what kind of dismissals are you getting whilst bowling? Those scorecards seem great.

Also I understand the videos Amnol is posting are from Xbox ONE version so maybe graphically will look even better than that?
I have been playing on Series S and the game is super fast. I would wait couple minutes on Switch or One for Cricket 19.
However in 22, I select lineup and boom match is ready to be played.

Bowling wise I have slip catches, catches on the boundary, inside edge chopping the stumps.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Well thats true but you have posted a video with those video as well. Not to be that asshole but preach what your practice perhaps?
I definitely feel for Big Ant as the game is perhaps 2 months old version or even older. However I do not think its all too bad. People are actually defending them and they are actually gettimg some nice publicity of people playing it. Tell me what is the difference between someone uploading the footage vs what IGN did? They have the same build I am thinking.
Yeah that’s understandable and fair but there’s a difference between footage that big ant wanted us to see and stuff that’s from an even earlier build that they had no control over releasing. Some of the stuff that’s been posted has been good I agree.

Purely salty that I don’t have access to the footage :lol

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Yeah that’s understandable and fair but there’s a difference between footage that big ant wanted us to see and stuff that’s from an even earlier build that they had no control over releasing. Some of the stuff that’s been posted has been good I agree.

Purely salty that I don’t have access to the footage :lol
I completely get it. Youtuber like yourself need something like this to grow and there is nothing wrong in it. I wanted to do a twitch stream but the game has streaming disabled on Xbox probably since its pre-release.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just wondering.. can't BA request Microsoft to disable accessing the game till the actual release date??

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Just wondering.. can't BA request Microsoft to disable accessing the game till the actual release date??
I thought that should have been possible. Its surprising Microsoft even had this going. BA should sue them if they get low sales because of this blunder that Microsoft committed.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Is there any way to modify the pitch marker duration? I'm sure in AC17 you could change how long the pitch marker stays up?

I'd like to know as I like to play with all markers off but have pitch marker show up early, I'm too old and slow and would be stuck playing only 4 strokes all front foot if I don't edit this....touching on that, how do you guys play backfoot and special shots without premeditating them? Feels like there's not enough time on higher difficulties.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Had a blast playing a full T20. So far I have lost all 3 matches I have played. Played as Ireland vs West Indies at Brian Lara stadium. I am in love with the overlay. Simplistic and yet so powerful. Reserving my negative thoughts for after the game releases.

EEA7BF37-D056-4976-998E-0D122263A35E.png

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

The stadiums look so good.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Is there any way to modify the pitch marker duration? I'm sure in AC17 you could change how long the pitch marker stays up?

I'd like to know as I like to play with all markers off but have pitch marker show up early, I'm too old and slow and would be stuck playing only 4 strokes all front foot if I don't edit this....touching on that, how do you guys play backfoot and special shots without premeditating them? Feels like there's not enough time on higher difficulties.
It's a bug as of now.. Regardless of the marker timing in the sliders your pitch marker will show up like its on Slider value 1.. So use bowling ball marker to get the value working while batting.. Will be patched as it's the same issue in nets too..

Hanav Baxi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I watched a video on YouTube about side by side comparison of C 22 (Ign version) with C19. Few people had doubts over the pace of the game in C22 and complained over its slowness. Surprisingly, even the older builds of C-22 was quicker in all means. Be it loading times, delivery time (from run-up to the completion of the delivery), Player animations and even the DRS. The slowness of the game that people are worried about , seems to be out of question now I guess.
On 2 nd December, we will be having a cracker of a game I reckon.

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Regarding Graphics/visuals the moans will be there for other users outside this forum because a no of users playing the game do go for the aesthetics/cosmetics i.e. the overall looks of the game than the actual gameplay.

Also Big Ant wants to capture a larger/newer audience into the game by bringing in new set of controls arcade and stuff but for most them to lure into game the visuals has to be better than what it is presented so far be it nets gameplay, Day 0 patch, IGN gameplay etc.

The visuals are definitely subpar compared to that from cricket 19 what we have seen so far be it from the official screenshots presented or the early release gameplay - the white textures of the jerseys,the player models,the hair physics and even the general lighting which seems a bit odd.

Regardless to how much better it is in the Day 1 patch the game if the target was to get newer audience or get more casual players playing the game things have not started well or received well with those audience with this early fiasco.

As an Existing user who played all of BA cricket games since DBC14 things have always got better with patches and the gameplay changes are significant over the years.

In terms of gameplay having played nets on steam and watching streams things have improved a lot in batting with new shot animations and better defensive strokes but come the December 2nd with Day 1 patch would be ideal time to overall give an honest review/initial of the game after experiencing it on hands.

Users who are viewing this thread