Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Proper physics in cricket 07? No way man! pitch characteristics were pure cosmetic. Only on damp pitches ball used to stay low, though it felt like playing on an wet carpet. I agree the atmosphere was fantastic. Commentry (Mark Nicholas any day, sincerely hope if we could hear him again in BA games) , crowd noise, sound track, players animation (sledging was better done in Brian Lara cricket though).
Naturally.

Damn, they look accurate af. Having said that, I said this ages ago, hopefully the facial animations, the few that might be there are better. Odd seeing players' heads bobble about and point etc with their mouths closed.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Whats the use even if they look their best graphically and not twitch on getting hit on the areas where they should react..
Also, I hope someone talks at the toss rather that staring at the guy with the mic like they wanna kill him..

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Whats the use even if they look their best graphically and not twitch on getting hit on the areas where they should react..
Also, I hope someone talks at the toss rather that staring at the guy with the mic like they wanna kill him..
Yeah, even if its superficial in terms of a cutscene only in terms of reacting to an injury would be nice.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Well not to worry since we have the "dynamic", "zestful" and "non-repetitive" commentary to speak on their behalf :D

Last edited:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I've been playing cricket games since 2000. Starting with Brian lara cricket 99 and so forth. BLC99 was a game way ahead of it's times. The commentary had fillers in between which would fill in when there is a gap in the action.

Richie bernaud would talk about how good Tendulkar the batsman is and in between. Loved that game for years.

EA07 was another game which was played for year. Simply because they ticked many boxes in the gameplay mechanism. I remember trying to play a player alone and Sim rest of innings to feel like the career mode.

Big ant finally fulfilled that big hole cricket lovers was looking for but the gameplay can actually do some more do overs to get an awesome experience.

The fielding and AI, if tweaked will do a good job to make feel a lot more realistic. Hoping that c22 is better than what c19 is.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Let me ask you a question... how many people do you think play test matches on a video game? Or how many folks do you know want realistic gameplay? From my experience very few. Majority of the consumers are casual gamers who want to see what they see when they watch IPL, or they want to pick up the game and start hitting 6s. And if the game doesn't work that way, and has a steep learning curve, they complain.

How many people would be happy struggling on a green seamer, barely laying bat on the ball, and batting for a session to score 50-60 runs and losing 3-4 wkts in the process? Or how many folks have the patience to play patiently for 5 days and appreciate the change in pitches as the game goes on for 5 days? Again, the answer is not many no matter what people say. Outside of hard-core cricket gaming fans - I would say which would be in hundreds or a few thousands at the top - I doubt anyone else cares about these things. Most of the potential customers of Cricket 22 would take helicopter or scoop shots (which I haven't played once across multiple iterations) or cheerleaders over a pitch which changes over time.

Ideally, we would like Big Ant to come up with a game which caters to different gaming experiences but at the end of the day Big Ant is a business, have limited resources and need to prioritize what they need to work on. I would do the same thing and focus on areas which majority of customers are asking for and that's why my expectations are on the lower side. All I want is accurate stats tracking, batting experience similar to Cricket 19 with the leg side shots behind square not nerfed, and better fielding & fields/field sets. If there's any other improvement that would be cherry on top.
the option to play cricket on android phone or playing EA cricket 2007 on 3 star difficulty is open for consumers who want to pick up game and start hitting 6s. If the game is such easy then after some time it becomes boring. It will be true fun and full of challenge if the game plays according to the pitch condition and according to the stats of the teams and players.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How much hope do we hold for a game from people who don’t realise 7/42 is better than 6/23
stuart-broad-england-ashes_3333756.jpg

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
You monster! Take that back! :(:(:(:noway

Side note, everyone talks about Brian Lara Cricket (or Shane Warne here in Australia), does anyone remember the glory that was cricket 96? And SNES cricket before that?

Users who are viewing this thread