Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bajo looks like Gary Oldman in Léon.

1147.gif
I'll take this post as a good excuse to go watch The Professional again.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
View attachment 257373
Good spot. Interesting in another shot Warner had a generic bat. Picking up licenses all the time.
I wish they would replace those generic coloured gloves with ones that match the primary kit colour* (or gold/green, for Australia) or just white ones.

Likewise the straps on the pads don't look right when they are coloured black/blue.

*Like Moeen always has.

294508.6.jpgskysports-getty-moeen-ali-england_5451157.jpg

And if I see those red and black coloured trainers as the default footwear I'll cry.

I'll take this post as a good excuse to go watch The Professional again.
I think I might have it on VHS.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
The bat looks bigger and looks unusual. Watching the vidoe again, I don't see any major difference to C19 but new bowling actions. Would have been happier if they showed us fielding. Thats the worst part in C19. I don't think they did a lot to fielding mechanics other than that throw they had a video released.

It would be bad to have C22 as C19 v2.0. too early to tell but as far as what's on the video, I can say that much.

Rhone

County Cricketer
Glad to see a new iteration! I've had huge enjoyment from cricket 19 (my career player ended up playing over 150 test matches alone). Cricket 19 turned out to be a great game so i hope 22 makes builds on the core gameplay experience and doesn't try to re-invent the wheel.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Batsman moving away to connect a shot just because they timed it definitely ruins the gameplay a lot.. For instance the Starc delivery in the video should have been hitting his pads down the leg or he should be able to hit a shot towards leg side but not that shot which he played.. Dont know whether that will ever make it to the game ever in the future.. If the shots are going to be connected to timing everytime which is how it looks, the batting would never get better.. Making them hold the stance regardless of the shot they are attempting to play is a must..

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The bat looks bigger and looks unusual. Watching the vidoe again, I don't see any major difference to C19 but new bowling actions. Would have been happier if they showed us fielding. Thats the worst part in C19. I don't think they did a lot to fielding mechanics other than that throw they had a video released.

It would be bad to have C22 as C19 v2.0. too early to tell but as far as what's on the video, I can say that much.
Yeah, I'll reserve judgement until I play the game but if fielding hasn't been drastically improved, I'll be bitterly disappointed. Visual fidelity is leaps and bounds better than Cricket 19 but like any game, it can look good but if the gameplay isn't there then its not going to last long on my installed list.

One thing I did notice was the bowling action of Starc had a good inertia to it, didn't feel weightless.

Anyway, time will tell.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I am playing Ashes Cricket again to give a shot to Indian domestic t20 league an authentic (don't know why our Ranji structure went obsolete in C19) Play through. I must say I felt gameplay was better with pro controls than C19. Players have some real weight, authentic movement... It made me thinking.... Most of us are after FIFA alike features and the developers may be unknowingly compromising the core gameplay side in persuing cosmetic feature introductions. Perhaps us, Fans to blame? Anyone in line? :)

D

Deleted member 185125

Yeah, I'll reserve judgement until I play the game but if fielding hasn't been drastically improved, I'll be bitterly disappointed. Visual fidelity is leaps and bounds better than Cricket 19 but like any game, it can look good but if the gameplay isn't there then its not going to last long on my installed list.

One thing I did notice was the bowling action of Starc had a good inertia to it, didn't feel weightless.

Anyway, time will tell.
Looks like lot of effort has gone it areas other than fielding and core gameplay. I have lowered my expectations for now. Only time will tell. Good thing is it's only two weeks away.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Looks like lot of effort has gone it areas other than fielding and core gameplay. I have lowered my expectations for now. Only time will tell. Good thing is it's only two weeks away.
Agreed mate. To be fair, I wasn't expecting too much anyway, given we've been in lockdown (Melbourne at least) for the better part of two years. Can't do that much when stuck at home.

D

Deleted member 185125

I am playing Ashes Cricket again to give a shot to Indian domestic t20 league an authentic (don't know why our Ranji structure went obsolete in C19) Play through. I must say I felt gameplay was better with pro controls than C19. Players have some real weight, authentic movement... It made me thinking.... Most of us are after FIFA alike features and the developers may be unknowingly compromising the core gameplay side in persuing cosmetic feature introductions. Perhaps us, Fans to blame? Anyone in line? :)
Atleast here everyone has always been asking for authentic simulation based Gameplay. However, I have not seen anyone asking for Gym training or Press Conference on other Social medias. I feel cosmetics are the easier ones to implement. Having said that I'm still concerned about player physical attributes. Big head last time chicken legs this time.

D

Deleted member 185125

Agreed mate. To be fair, I wasn't expecting too much anyway, given we've been in lockdown (Melbourne at least) for the better part of two years. Can't do that much when stuck at home.
After the DLC announcement, I wasn't expecting a game this year. Downside is that the new game wud be more of Cricket 19 V2 instead of Cricket 22.
If there was only one aspect I wanted them to change, it to the wudve been Fielding. Not much being spoken about it is not good signs at all.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
After the DLC announcement, I wasn't expecting a game this year. Downside is that the new game wud be more of Cricket 19 V2 instead of Cricket 22.
If there was only one aspect I wanted them to change, it to the wudve been Fielding. Not much being spoken about it is not good signs at all.
I agree hands down! It's nice to have a new game when everyone thought there was nothing coming up. To be honest, after nets, I can tell that batting looks better, smooth and sounds better. Bowling is really attractive but not spin bowling. Graphics is really good and soothing to see on the next gen console. If it had just simple and better fielding mechanics, I would rate it the best after DBC14.

Just simple is enough. If it has the mechanics of DBC14, that will do for me..... Or at least Ashes 17. I was excepting a filed game play.... I hope we get one very soon or sometime next week. But I'm happy with other stuff from the video. It's impossible to have a realistic game or physics in a video game. Closer to it is much better. As someone said, cricket is very unique and you cannot catch and put everything in a game :)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I know a few people on here won't like but I feel that the only way we'll see other features before the game goes public will be from first look videos from IGN or others.

D

Deleted member 185125

I know a few people on here won't like but I feel that the only way we'll see other features before the game goes public will be from first look videos from IGN or others.
Agree but there will be a clause attached. "What you see is not the final version of the game, Day 1 patch will fix most of the bugs and issues".

Users who are viewing this thread