Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
What difficulty are you playing on?. I would assume the lower difficulties help with shot selection and therefor probably move the player into position for those shots, but I agree the batter should be standing still for shots on hard and hardest batting levels for sure.
Custom Hardest on pro controls..

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Have there been any news on on pitch tweaks. I don't mean new features, but improvements to gameplay/AI etc which established followers of the series will appreciate?

I get that they're trying to get new people in to the series by talking about accessibility and training drills so they know where the off side is, BUT have any of the quirks or issues mentioned over time on these forums been fixed do we know/think?

This along with weather and bowling conditions changing depending on where you are in the world is THE biggest change needed for me. I'd even accept a game that is exactly the same as C19 if it had differing weather and pitch conditions around the world and ball/pitch deterioration affecting the match. That is literally all I would hope for.

Unfortunately from the videos and snippets we're getting it seems that BA are going down the FIFA route, as in make the game more aesthetically pleasing. Along with the idea that more modes and licenses equals a better game, when for me it's about nailing down the nuances and essentials that a typical game of cricket brings. Making it as realistic a cricket simulation as possible. Unfortunately for us more purists I don't think that's where the money lies for them.

I really hope I am wrong and we have both a realistic depiction of cricket AND a more polished product but I fear it was one or the other for BA

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I love C19 and still play it now but I think I'll be holding fire on 22. I trust the judgement of this forum so if after a few weeks it's getting mixed reviews with the same problems as before I'll save my money.

It's difficult to make a truly informative decision though immediately as if it's anything like last time BA patch it more than a old quilt, often changing one thing for the better and ruining a previously good aspect of the game.

D

Deleted member 185125

Little side q. What sort of questions would people want to ask Big Ant for Cricket 22?
In no particular order:

Will fielding see a huge improvement from previous iterations?
How different would the game run on new generation consoles?
Can we see pitch and weather conditions impacting the gameplay?
How much has the lockdowns impacted the development?
How difficult is to balance the Arcade and Simulation aspect of the game?
Would we get to see more licenses being added in the future?
How many spin bowling actions additions can we expect?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It would really be inexcusable to not have dynamic pitch deterioration. We have all these sliders, so if they in fact have any impact at all on gameplay how hard can it be for these to automatically adjust based on ball condition and match progression. Totally agree about the focus should be on getting the simulation of cricket right before putting dancing girls in T20 matches etc

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Else this could just as well have been DLC for Cricket 19 IMO. The lack of any news 2 weeks prior to release is very suspect. Do Big Ant have nothing new to show (yes I saw Banjo or whatever his name is new video - nothing exciting)

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So about the batsman sliding issue here are few instances where the sliding happens but the game "executes" it like a perfect shot just because the timing was right..

First instance are few pull/hook shots where the ball since its going down the leg chances of me connecting despite the timing should be really rare unless the bat comes in path of the batsman..

View attachment 257439View attachment 257440View attachment 257441

Now if you see the timing is good and late but the shot is executed the same way moving down the leg even when my footwork is placed on middle stump which is 6'o clock. The ability to get a precise response on foot movement in pro controls is something which is never under your control as the game decides what you will end up playing, so its some kind of Shot assistance or shot replacement even when you switch it all off.. Though the result is a top edge which shouldnt be the case as the actual result should have been a miss or a faint edge to WK or past the WK for a fine boundary.. These elements or smooth edges get missed due to these shots always played this way regardless of whatever different attempt you make.. All these because the batsman cannot hold his stance..

Now moving to the next instance where the batsman plays a shot I did not intend.

View attachment 257442

Here the ball is landing on stump line but ending up going away. The shot played here is backfoot straight drive but the game "assists" or makes the shot an off drive just because the ball is leaving the batsman and game decides to connect it.. In this if the game plays the exact shot I intended to play which is backfoot straight drive this delivery had to potential for an amazing edge to WK or even going over them due to the pace and bounce the delivery had which got missed because the game decides this is the shot that should be play even when my shot input is 12'o clock and footwork close to 6'o clock as I like to cover the line while playing the shot..

Another instance I would like to show is a similar shot input.

.View attachment 257443

Now in this the ball is very similar except ending up in the stump line rather than leaving the batsman like the previous one. But now the straight drive is being played with the same input as previous shot.. Here what you can see is the batsman moves really slightly to legside to make the edge happen.. Though overall combination of shot and edge looks good, for a proper execution this should be getting an inside edge or hitting the batsman body if he had held his stance and did the footwork from that position..

What needs to be seen here is that the shot assignment and the footwork precision is not in the hands of the player rather the game decides the shot and based on the line and where the ball will get up the game decides whether its an off drive or backfoot straight drive with the same input. The small differences makes a huge variety in gameplay as sooo many amazing moments gets missed due to the sliding of the player to connect the shot just because the timing is right.. This always has been something that has bothered me as I like use of proper footwork and playing the ball to its merit but all these also creates variety in the dismissals players get regardless of the difficulty they play in.. I know there are lot of things in this game that would take priority but if these kind of things keeps occurring game after game when will these things get the priority is the question..
FIFA has a sliding issue for years and I doubt it will be resolved anytime soon.

At the same time, in real cricket, the batsman has the freedom to move slightly once the ball is released in order to compensate for his incorrect prediction of the delivery's line and length and play a better shot; therefore, moving should not be an issue, as we cannot be stuck on the crease unless it is Sehwag.

However, I agree that the sliding animation might be improved. However, as I have stated, even FIFA is struggling following their latest hyper motion AI efforts.

As a result, the wait will be longer.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
In no particular order:

Will fielding see a huge improvement from previous iterations?
How different would the game run on new generation consoles?
Can we see pitch and weather conditions impacting the gameplay?
How much has the lockdowns impacted the development?
How difficult is to balance the Arcade and Simulation aspect of the game?
Would we get to see more licenses being added in the future?
How many spin bowling actions additions can we expect?
Love them, already were thinking about a couple of these. Spin actions and lockdown were the main ones

D

Deleted member 185125

Is there a way to determine which way the ball is going to swing or spin? Either in the nets or in Cricket 19?

D

Deleted member 185125

Love them, already were thinking about a couple of these. Spin actions and lockdown were the main ones
Few more:
Crossplay for online mode?
Any plans on utilising the Haptic feedback and Adaptive triggers of Dual sense controller?
Any improvements to the Academy creator tools?

D

Deleted member 185125

I see an option to 'pad away' under controls- leave option, but I am unable to trigger it. Has it worked for anyone? If yes, how please? TIA.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I see an option to 'pad away' under controls- leave option, but I am unable to trigger it. Has it worked for anyone? If yes, how please? TIA.
I have tried it many times.. bit without luck.. interested to know the "How to pas away" in cricket 19

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I have tried it many times.. bit without luck.. interested to know the "How to pas away" in cricket 19
I fluked it once in the nets, padding away that is. No idea how I did it.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
So about the batsman sliding issue here are few instances where the sliding happens but the game "executes" it like a perfect shot just because the timing was right..

First instance are few pull/hook shots where the ball since its going down the leg chances of me connecting despite the timing should be really rare unless the bat comes in path of the batsman..

View attachment 257439View attachment 257440View attachment 257441

Now if you see the timing is good and late but the shot is executed the same way moving down the leg even when my footwork is placed on middle stump which is 6'o clock. The ability to get a precise response on foot movement in pro controls is something which is never under your control as the game decides what you will end up playing, so its some kind of Shot assistance or shot replacement even when you switch it all off.. Though the result is a top edge which shouldnt be the case as the actual result should have been a miss or a faint edge to WK or past the WK for a fine boundary.. These elements or smooth edges get missed due to these shots always played this way regardless of whatever different attempt you make.. All these because the batsman cannot hold his stance..

Now moving to the next instance where the batsman plays a shot I did not intend.

View attachment 257442

Here the ball is landing on stump line but ending up going away. The shot played here is backfoot straight drive but the game "assists" or makes the shot an off drive just because the ball is leaving the batsman and game decides to connect it.. In this if the game plays the exact shot I intended to play which is backfoot straight drive this delivery had to potential for an amazing edge to WK or even going over them due to the pace and bounce the delivery had which got missed because the game decides this is the shot that should be play even when my shot input is 12'o clock and footwork close to 6'o clock as I like to cover the line while playing the shot..

Another instance I would like to show is a similar shot input.

.View attachment 257443

Now in this the ball is very similar except ending up in the stump line rather than leaving the batsman like the previous one. But now the straight drive is being played with the same input as previous shot.. Here what you can see is the batsman moves really slightly to legside to make the edge happen.. Though overall combination of shot and edge looks good, for a proper execution this should be getting an inside edge or hitting the batsman body if he had held his stance and did the footwork from that position..

What needs to be seen here is that the shot assignment and the footwork precision is not in the hands of the player rather the game decides the shot and based on the line and where the ball will get up the game decides whether its an off drive or backfoot straight drive with the same input. The small differences makes a huge variety in gameplay as sooo many amazing moments gets missed due to the sliding of the player to connect the shot just because the timing is right.. This always has been something that has bothered me as I like use of proper footwork and playing the ball to its merit but all these also creates variety in the dismissals players get regardless of the difficulty they play in.. I know there are lot of things in this game that would take priority but if these kind of things keeps occurring game after game when will these things get the priority is the question..
Excellent post , so the game controls where the batter to move before playing shot. It is a bug carries over from cricket 19

Users who are viewing this thread