Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Things that I actually wanted to see from the 53 minutes video was
  • AI awareness of the game.
  • AI field changes and whether the irritating field changes after every ball still exists.
  • Keeper at least trying to catching the ball that goes above his head.
  • Different camera angles
  • Commentary in different situations and the overall commentary while the game is on (whether its mute till the ball is played by the batsman or not)
  • And I guess we will have to wait till Dec 2nd week for the Ultimate team thing.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
As Waste isn't here at the moment, I'll just chime in, lets keep it civil people. Everyone can have an opinion but lets not get into the habit of getting snippy and snappy with each other. We saw two members get banned the other day for this.
Sure, mate :).

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Things that I actually wanted to see from the 53 minutes video was
  • AI awareness of the game.
  • AI field changes and whether the irritating field changes after every ball still exists.
  • Keeper at least trying to catching the ball that goes above his head.
  • Different camera angles
  • Commentary in different situations and the overall commentary while the game is on (whether its mute till the ball is played by the batsman or not)
  • And I guess we will have to wait till Dec 2nd week for the Ultimate team thing.
The one thing I've noticed with commentary over the years, radio commentators are the best to adapt to cricket game work.

I wasn't expecting much from an IGN video apart from gameplay. I just wish they didn't do easy mode, looked awful at times. I know BA have stated they want to make it pick up and play vibes, but when a cover drive goes for six over mid wicket, doesn't look good from a PR point of view. Regardless of how many times you say "its easy mode, its meant to be like that."

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
come back on December 15th and comment..you will not say same for sure.too early to comment about gameplay without even playing it.
I still play career mode 2-4 hours a day even sacrificing my sleep at times. so I am sure I would enjoy the Career mode.
And if you had read my post well it's clearly mentioned that "the game looks better than c19 but not sure all the issues from previous iterations are addressed". Its not that I will love the hundred %, I am ready to take my chances as I want gaming companies who create cricket games to improve.

Fifa or GTA did not get to be there with the first try they had. Money and time needs to come into to get a near perfect a game.

kiron189

School Cricketer
I still play career mode 2-4 hours a day even sacrificing my sleep at times. so I am sure I would enjoy the Career mode.
And if you had read my post well it's clearly mentioned that "the game looks better than c19 but not sure all the issues from previous iterations are addressed". Its not that I will love the hundred %, I am ready to take my chances as I want gaming companies who create cricket games to improve.

Fifa or GTA did not get to be there with the first try they had. Money and time needs to come into to get a near perfect a game.
come on lets end this discussion here..I played every big ant game not only cricket games..Bought tennis games for career with these kind of animations(AO tennis 2 and Tennis world tour 2) ..Played only few times and lost interest(Though I am big fan of tennis and waiting for a game like top spin 4) .cricket I played more time though...Me myself a software developer(34 year old) not a school/college going kid..lets leave it here before we get banned as GuyIcognito told.

Last edited:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
come on lets end this discussion here..I played every big ant game not only cricket games..Bought tennis games for career with these kind of animations(AO tennis 2 and Tennis world tour 2) ..Played only few times and lost interest .cricket I played more time though...Me myself a software developer not a school/college going kid..lets leave it here.
I've played the AO Tennis 2 career mode too. Its not upto the mark, I agree. Thing is I don't like tennis close to how much I love cricket. Again, all I am saying is my perspective buddy, I've been playing cricket games for 24 years now (31 years old - cricket in 8 bit video games, 1993 some Australian version game, SW99 /BLC 99, EA 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, Bl05, Bl07 Ashes 09, DBC 14 (pirated, not proud about it), DBC 17, AC17, AC19) . I know the experience I want from the game, I know this is not going to be a perfect game.

Last edited:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
come on lets end this discussion here..I played every big ant game not only cricket games..Bought tennis games for career with these kind of animations(AO tennis 2 and Tennis world tour 2) ..Played only few times and lost interest(Though I am big fan of tennis and waiting for a game like top spin 4) .cricket I played more time though...Me myself a software developer(34 year old) not a school/college going kid..lets leave it here before we get banned as GuyIcognito told.
As long as discussions are healthy no one will get ban (I sincerely hope). Thing is you cannot be definitive whether someone else will like or dislike the game. So you can make opinions from your perspective, please do not expect others to agree to whatever you say. Again I'm saying this in good spirit. If you feel that I've been rude at any point of time, I apologise.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Some very interesting observations from IGN gameplay:
  • Head movement is pretty good. Bowler, especially Anderson, head movement looks organic.
  • Batsman head movement is in the direction of the shot .
  • Throw from dominant hand.
  • Lighting looks fantastic.
  • Camera angles are interesting. They seem to have fixed broadcast camera view.
Are you sure? Because the first in-game throw showed Bairstrow using his left arm.

kiron189

School Cricketer
that
Are you sure? Because the first in-game throw showed Bairstrow using his left arm
That's what I told..it is too early to comment by just seeing gameplay of 50 mins..People are saying so many things without even playing game.

Users who are viewing this thread