Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
So still playing that match with SA sliders and with reskilled teams.
On a pitch that should help bowling Ind is 428 for 8. 7 bowled dismissals. And just one edged to the keeper.
Also overall I saw I think 3 proper edges that flew away for 4. There were lots of play and misses but no edges.
Besides this the bound of this grassy dry hard pitch is too low. Even though I changed the pitch bounce to 50. It's behaving like a medium pitch.
I guess after the patch the bounce has been reduced for all pitches. Also edges weren't seen. And the AI isn't playing according to the conditions. They played like it was a batting paradise. And just bowled dismissals.
We seem to be back where we were with DB14 - lack of realistic edges.

Played DB 17 last night and had great time - realistic edges, variety of dismissals and best of all Larwood took out Bradman's off peg prompting an Aussie collapse.

There is so much that is good in this series but they need to do a lot more work even to get the game to the state it was in five years ago. They seem to obsessed with making it look good rather than sorting out the gameplay. Maybe that's the problem with official licenses... you have to spend time modelling a lot of players rather than testing the mechanics of the game.

Irtileaf

Club Captain

Played DB 17 last night and had great time - realistic edges, variety of dismissals and best of all Larwood took out Bradman's off peg prompting an Aussie collapse.

There is so much that is good in this series but they need to do a lot more work even to get the game to the state it was in five years ago. They seem to obsessed with making it look good rather than sorting out the gameplay. Maybe that's the problem with official licenses... you have to spend time modelling a lot of players rather than testing the mechanics of the game.
Hmm. It was fine before this patch though. Now don't know what to do. Nothing is reproducible. Can't depend on any outcome. Sliders or reskilling haven't produced any effects. Seems like that.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Except very little looks good either, regardless of licensing. So, they can't get that right either.

Players depicted through the licensing have been commenting just how badly they feel they've been represented in this game.

Previous titles have had their issues but they've at least been acceptable & ultimately very enjoyable. I absolutely loved C19 despite some of the issues it had. C22 is just an absolute joke & certain key people seem to be in denial that certain issues actually exist anyway. It'll be their undoing as this title continues tanking if they don't wake the hell up.

Hmm. It was fine before this patch though. Now don't know what to do. Nothing is reproducible. Can't depend on any outcome. Sliders or reskilling haven't produced any effects. Seems like that.

Agree, nothing seems reliably re-creatable either. Even if I do everything identically certain bugs & glitches show up most of the time but not necessarily always. They've really got to get a grip with this engine.

This is what happens when you're months behind schedule but refuse to accept the reality of it.

BA would have saved far more face & taken 10 times less criticism if they'd delayed the release entirely for 3 or 4 months than releasing an absolute mess at full price, that's unfinished & full of problems. Then they piss in our ears & tell us it's raining while using us as beta testers & bug reporters.

Hanav Baxi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Is anyone having fps issues after updating to latest steam version. Earlier, I used to get 50-60 fps and after updating, I'm hardly getting 25-30 fps which even lags in the main menu.
The game has become unplayable for me.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
At the risk of being shot down for commenting on something buggy, fielders not chasing after balls that go the boundary (I mean trickle not race) around 75% of the time is my biggest bug bear at the moment. Even if they’re not going to stop it, standing around exercising really ruins immersion. Non-striker setting off at least a little quicker is welcome though.

Played some lovely offside shots, which seem a bit more satisfying than leg glance. Some lovely on-drives mind too.

Really enjoyed some of my dismissals when bowling, particularly bowled making use of cutters, though struggling to take wickets in clusters in this Test. Similar to previous Test (Diff opposition) AI top order are pretty solid, reaching up towards 200-2. Constantly tinkering slightly between matches mind and my custom players are pretty evenly skilled with opposition.

I want to be more challenged with the bat (Able to score far too quickly risk free) but opposition currently posting decent totals against me. Have upped both Wicket Chance/Bowl Quality as a trade off for next match. Should probably have started on Hard but was trying to enjoy it and nets/Big Ant practice matches through me off. Only recently had really challenging lifelike innings on C19 but not getting that at mo on C22.

I’ve been mucking around trying to make the game a bit harder and was frustrated to drop a slip catch where I just had no chance to catch the ball but then had catches since where I had enough time. Don’t think it was that particular fielder even if he was possibly first slip stood close.

Am interested to see how AI go chasing maybe 500 over probably a day and a half given what I’ve read previously.

Anyway, Ben Duckett’s struck centuries in each innings. Will see how Italy get on!

Oh, though I didn’t rip through them, my pacers tightened up and bowled a few maidens whilst my leg-spinner was rather expensive in conditions that probably didn’t favour him. Felt real enough with RR of 20. Tail offered something but their best players are 7/8 in order with 9 no mug. Haven’t brought myself to lower skills of opposition yet.

Sorry, bit of a ramble but playing in fits and starts with custom team rated 67 against Associates on custom difficulty originally around medium but geared more towards hard now (Though base is medium). May switch to Hard with RR and one or two things changed for next match… and bounce lowered even if that goes against the grain. Don’t like my full spin deliveries beating batsmen but going over stumps!

Like many, mine is currently a love hate relationship with this game.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ashes 2021-22 is completed.. status of Cricket 22...??

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Is anyone having fps issues after updating to latest steam version. Earlier, I used to get 50-60 fps and after updating, I'm hardly getting 25-30 fps which even lags in the main menu.
The game has become unplayable for me.

Yea mate mine is horrible.. never ever had an FPS issue ..

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Career as a fast bowler is unplayable. Going at 6 an over even with Rumple's settings (reduced AI run rate etc), any edge you do extract flies for 4 between gully and cover with nothing going to the slips, some of the shots the AI plays are nothing short of remarkable, 93mph back of a length front foot driven out of the ground over extra cover. If you can do that mate you're too good for the Leicestershire amateur leagues.

I've only just started a career so I can't comment before this latest patch but I had been having a brilliant tour match between Ireland and Barbados before the patch. I'm not sure if the new patch has screwed things up or if career is just borked completely or both.

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can BA do a DLC patch for c19 fixing some of the annoying issues and I am happy to call it a day rather than tinkering c22 which is going backwards each patch

Last edited:

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Chance for a catch?? Nope, too high……. Or was it :facepalm

Attachments

• ACF28619-C82B-4A24-841C-77CE1B6E7224.jpeg
    ACF28619-C82B-4A24-841C-77CE1B6E7224.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 5706771D-6D4B-4D05-84DA-DCA73E4126C2.jpeg
    5706771D-6D4B-4D05-84DA-DCA73E4126C2.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
So still playing that match with SA sliders and with reskilled teams.
On a pitch that should help bowling Ind is 428 for 8. 7 bowled dismissals. And just one edged to the keeper.
Also overall I saw I think 3 proper edges that flew away for 4. There were lots of play and misses but no edges.
Besides this the bound of this grassy dry hard pitch is too low. Even though I changed the pitch bounce to 50. It's behaving like a medium pitch.
I guess after the patch the bounce has been reduced for all pitches. Also edges weren't seen. And the AI isn't playing according to the conditions. They played like it was a batting paradise. And just bowled dismissals.
I'm playing on a grassy/dry hard pitch currently and the bounce I'm getting is out of control. Anything short is going over the keeper's head for 4. It's ridiculous. I haven't altered bounce settings at all.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Heard a lot about the ability to score runs quickly however I unfortunately don’t seem to be getting that - perhaps because leaving balls on off stump swinging in from left amd right arm isn’t the ideal approach!

In seriousness regarding some recent ish comments, everyone has an individual experience of the game and will like/dislike certain things and the cool thing is there are things you can change on the game to enhance and better your experience, rumples thread for example is excellent and when I have more time I will delve in to see if I can tweak a few things.

Whilst we will all can agree things can be better, just remember everyone is human and capable of mistakes and it’s been pleasing to see some BA people (I think I’m not sure) in the forums actively engaging and offering support and great advice, perhaps bombarding them at all once is not the coolest idea but hey ho.

The game at the end of the day is the game and personally through my limited time playing I’ve found it enjoyable but can see where people’s frustrations lie, I just hope we can spread a bit more positivity and engagement in the game and in the forum.

happy weekend and Monday :)

Hester

County Cricketer
Does anyone know how to stop the AI batsmen from sticking their bats out and tonking the ball to backwards point for 4, twice an over? It's the most infuriatingly stupid thing in the game. Worst animation I've ever seen in any game.

Users who are viewing this thread