Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why can't we have a simple addition of changing career player bat/bowl style once started?

This has been requested since Cricket 19 if I'm not wrong..

Its not like as if game is capturing moments from each year and puts a tribute video when retiring :)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Very choppy frames under floodlights now.. First time I have experienced this in C22.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
In a career, if you're bowling has anyone actually managed to get a run out at the bowlers end yet please?

I've not had one in C22 across multiple different careers. I've not even had one single chance, (the game always scripts that the runners reach the crease before the ball is returned).
No none yet, not even close. C19 had it working great. I haven't even been able to use the slow mo action to throw at stumps, i get the animation but no button choice to press. Not sure if it's cause I have fielding set to semi-assisted and not manual?!

graham

Club Captain
Decide to play the game download teams (thanks wasteyouryouth very good )
First session 10 county teams many crashes ,
3 hours so far . Having a rest tonight will keep you updated when I play again.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Odd question, how do I get more fans in for a test match. I don't see a setting for it anywhere and every game is less than 50% full.

I know I've seen this asked before but can't think if there was an answer.

I'm on PS4, btw.
I find (on ps5) they come in during the course of the day. By lunch or just after it’s full.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Re the eyebrows, I still don't understand. If I've downloaded a team, then they'd be on my console, right? I'm still not seeing them though and when I try to download again from the academy, most of the player faces are blue or have pink and yellow lines all over them.
Depending on the specifics of when you downloaded, I believe there were some builds/times where academy errors meant players would download without the Playface texture, and also on your console it's possible to clear out the data area that those faces are stored - I don't have an Xbox in front of me to check the exact spot, but there's a button that clears additional data or something similar, as well as things like doing a long press reset that can cause the storage area to be wiped.

As for on the academy, There's something we're aware of where if you're scrolling down the list of players and it loads a lot of them, there can be visual corruption, but I'm told that once downloaded they shouldn't have that problem, but if that isn't the case, let me know and I'll make sure that's noted.

Crowd have gone back into permanent audio celebration mode after a wicket... Have to restart the game after every wicket again.
Next week's update should have that sorted, this being undone is a side effect of the rollback to resolve the batting animation issue, a few other things that were in that build that were good were also rolled back, as they hadn't gone through testing.

New patch has corrupted my Ashes save.

Middle of the second test in Adelaide and trying to load up just results in a crash to desktop.
Please send me a PM with your save data and I'll get that looked into - it's stored in %userprofile%\Saved Games\Cricket 22.

I have the auto bowling disabled but the game always bowls a weak/late delivery regardless & the release input still often won't register (spinner). The auto bowling is always live regardless & sometimes it seems to override human inputs too. That's always been a bug for spinners & it's impossible to bowl a no ball.
Will look into this auto bowling aspect, but with respect to spinners - it's not a "bug" that there's not no balls. The problem is an animation one - for pace bowlers the jump input being late determines it being a no ball, which means that the late jump will result in the foot landing over the line.

It was directly looked in to in this game to work out a means of spinner no balls, but the problem was that when they'd occur, they could occur without the bowler actually bowling a no-ball - in that there was nothing to actually trigger them overstepping, and anything that could would be something really hacky like ultra extending their front foot to force it long. If we can work out something that visually looks correct and works controls wide, the intention is to have them exist - but the choice was "no balls" that were in name only - and getting called for a no ball that didn't actually go over the line, or to again not have spinner no balls.

when the game hasn't crashed is anyone able to bowl a no ball.For me if the jump is late it just goes into auto or a cancelled delivery if auto is not switched on.
Is there a specific bowler you're using here? Difficulty?

------------------

Updates on some other things,

Various shot stuff is being looked into right now, a few issues have been found/reproduced there, players with 'Style 6' will have the most problems - just as the set of shots is very different mo-cap wise from the other batting sets, so needs some tuning to ensure it plays as well; but some are more general. It would be appreciated to at least give an example player if mentioning a batting/bowling issue - even if you think it's more general.

There does seem to be an issue with playing matches custom stadiums, working through a resolution here, but playing with the standard stadiums is probably recommended for the moment until the exact cause can be identified.

ravenswood7

Club Captain
Matt W thanks for the updates with what's happening the feedback is appreciated and i know the team is doing the best and i understand fixing crashes gameplay etc is the priority i know Ross spoke to me about Thermal imaging being in the game initially it wasn't going to be as the Ashes in real life wasn't going to have it but Ashes did and Ross said it will be put back in the game just like we had thermal imaging in Cricket 19 can you tell us when that might be put implemented into the game thanks

cricboi

Club Captain
Really happy they figured out the discrepancy between custom settings and the difficulty slider. Also appreciate how things look better overall. That said, I had to force quit a t20 match today because I hit a ball close to the boundary and the AI refused to go get it. I know there are lots of cosmetic issues that people care about, especially regarding custom/academy stuff, but the fielding issues not getting resolved is still quite frustrating. At this stage, I'd rather have the fielders being flawless automatons than the current system where misfields/errors occur once every 2nd over.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW Is the fielding being looked into? At the moment fielders are kicking away the ball way too many times. I can send you a video if you want. Not bothering to raise a ticket as I have 4 pages of it.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Really happy they figured out the discrepancy between custom settings and the difficulty slider. Also appreciate how things look better overall. That said, I had to force quit a t20 match today because I hit a ball close to the boundary and the AI refused to go get it. I know there are lots of cosmetic issues that people care about, especially regarding custom/academy stuff, but the fielding issues not getting resolved is still quite frustrating. At this stage, I'd rather have the fielders being flawless automatons than the current system where misfields/errors occur once every 2nd over.
MattW himself said that Big Ant is aware of fielding flaws and errors... They going to fix all of the isssue, but it take time... They may dedicate a complete patch for these issues only...

s0074845

Club Captain
Depending on the specifics of when you downloaded, I believe there were some builds/times where academy errors meant players would download without the Playface texture, and also on your console it's possible to clear out the data area that those faces are stored - I don't have an Xbox in front of me to check the exact spot, but there's a button that clears additional data or something similar, as well as things like doing a long press reset that can cause the storage area to be wiped.

As for on the academy, There's something we're aware of where if you're scrolling down the list of players and it loads a lot of them, there can be visual corruption, but I'm told that once downloaded they shouldn't have that problem, but if that isn't the case, let me know and I'll make sure that's noted.

Next week's update should have that sorted, this being undone is a side effect of the rollback to resolve the batting animation issue, a few other things that were in that build that were good were also rolled back, as they hadn't gone through testing.

Please send me a PM with your save data and I'll get that looked into - it's stored in %userprofile%\Saved Games\Cricket 22.

Will look into this auto bowling aspect, but with respect to spinners - it's not a "bug" that there's not no balls. The problem is an animation one - for pace bowlers the jump input being late determines it being a no ball, which means that the late jump will result in the foot landing over the line.

It was directly looked in to in this game to work out a means of spinner no balls, but the problem was that when they'd occur, they could occur without the bowler actually bowling a no-ball - in that there was nothing to actually trigger them overstepping, and anything that could would be something really hacky like ultra extending their front foot to force it long. If we can work out something that visually looks correct and works controls wide, the intention is to have them exist - but the choice was "no balls" that were in name only - and getting called for a no ball that didn't actually go over the line, or to again not have spinner no balls.

------------------

Various shot stuff is being looked into right now, a few issues have been found/reproduced there, players with 'Style 6' will have the most problems - just as the set of shots is very different mo-cap wise from the other batting sets, so needs some tuning to ensure it plays as well; but some are more general. It would be appreciated to at least give an example player if mentioning a batting/bowling issue - even if you think it's more general.

There does seem to be an issue with playing matches custom stadiums, working through a resolution here, but playing with the standard stadiums is probably recommended for the moment until the exact cause can be identified.
@MattW can Ai scoring be looked at across tests ODI and twenty twenty at some point please. Hitting boundaries at will in test is game breaker every over to reach some run rate along with the bowling lines across middle and leg for quicks and wide outside off for Spinners

jabbathehut

County Cricketer

------------------

Thanks for the feedback.I am finding that i can't bowl a no ball on any difficulty with any fast or fast medium bowler including in my career,Haven't tried medium pace .
Have managed to continue career by pressing simulate even though game was actullay over.I have stuck to default stadiums and haven't had a crash.One thing i have noticed on career .There was an option for match difficulty to have an easy normal or hard game but that has been replaced by easy ,medium hard etc and the custom difficulties.Is that how it should be or has it been messed up.

Hester

County Cricketer

------------------

Great stuff. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread