Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Depending on the specifics of when you downloaded, I believe there were some builds/times where academy errors meant players would download without the Playface texture, and also on your console it's possible to clear out the data area that those faces are stored - I don't have an Xbox in front of me to check the exact spot, but there's a button that clears additional data or something similar, as well as things like doing a long press reset that can cause the storage area to be wiped.

As for on the academy, There's something we're aware of where if you're scrolling down the list of players and it loads a lot of them, there can be visual corruption, but I'm told that once downloaded they shouldn't have that problem, but if that isn't the case, let me know and I'll make sure that's noted.

Next week's update should have that sorted, this being undone is a side effect of the rollback to resolve the batting animation issue, a few other things that were in that build that were good were also rolled back, as they hadn't gone through testing.

Please send me a PM with your save data and I'll get that looked into - it's stored in %userprofile%\Saved Games\Cricket 22.

Will look into this auto bowling aspect, but with respect to spinners - it's not a "bug" that there's not no balls. The problem is an animation one - for pace bowlers the jump input being late determines it being a no ball, which means that the late jump will result in the foot landing over the line.

It was directly looked in to in this game to work out a means of spinner no balls, but the problem was that when they'd occur, they could occur without the bowler actually bowling a no-ball - in that there was nothing to actually trigger them overstepping, and anything that could would be something really hacky like ultra extending their front foot to force it long. If we can work out something that visually looks correct and works controls wide, the intention is to have them exist - but the choice was "no balls" that were in name only - and getting called for a no ball that didn't actually go over the line, or to again not have spinner no balls.

Is there a specific bowler you're using here? Difficulty?

------------------

Updates on some other things,

Various shot stuff is being looked into right now, a few issues have been found/reproduced there, players with 'Style 6' will have the most problems - just as the set of shots is very different mo-cap wise from the other batting sets, so needs some tuning to ensure it plays as well; but some are more general. It would be appreciated to at least give an example player if mentioning a batting/bowling issue - even if you think it's more general.

There does seem to be an issue with playing matches custom stadiums, working through a resolution here, but playing with the standard stadiums is probably recommended for the moment until the exact cause can be identified.
Can confirm the scrolling down is just a visual error, once downloaded, the faces look perfectly fine.

If I can throw my two cents worth in: If the Wednesday deadline can't be met, take your time, we'd all rather have a stable update a few days late than a buggy update on time.

cricboi

Club Captain
MattW himself said that Big Ant is aware of fielding flaws and errors... They going to fix all of the isssue, but it take time... They may dedicate a complete patch for these issues only...
Yeah, I get that and really appreciate MattW giving us insight into the process. I was just posting that because it was a newish fielding error (one i've yet to experience) and it's a bit frustrating to see new ones emerge when old ones aren't fixed.

Literally every ticket I send thanks everyone at BA for what they are doing to fix the game, and I know they care, but cricket consists of batting, bowling and fielding and one of those still has game breaking (requires reset) errors. I am truly happy other issues are getting resolved but at times it feels like they are fixing a tail light on a car that has 3 working wheels.

E: I should say, I'm still super into this game and with the sliders and adjustments its become an exceptionally strong simulator. So it's probably one of those things where the better everything else gets the more frustrating the fundamental issues become. LUV U MATT

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

Can Xbox Series X users confirm this? I might as well get an Xbox, especially after the Activision acquisition.
Screenshot_20220121-093511.jpg

NRLHalfback02

School Cricketer
@MattW is there a way to manage bowlers while also skipping fielding? I usually just press square to skip to career player but could you also use the simulate/1 over to do it? I don't want to use that as it says it disables trophies but frustrating when the team bowls shocking and guys like Starc don't bowl an over for say in an ODI.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Anyone else facing in career mode that they are not able to change the team as a captain in the start match page? Facing this after latest update in ps4. 1.21. Will report if anyone else is facing this.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Depending on the specifics of when you downloaded, I believe there were some builds/times where academy errors meant players would download without the Playface texture, and also on your console it's possible to clear out the data area that those faces are stored - I don't have an Xbox in front of me to check the exact spot, but there's a button that clears additional data or something similar, as well as things like doing a long press reset that can cause the storage area to be wiped.

As for on the academy, There's something we're aware of where if you're scrolling down the list of players and it loads a lot of them, there can be visual corruption, but I'm told that once downloaded they shouldn't have that problem, but if that isn't the case, let me know and I'll make sure that's noted.

Next week's update should have that sorted, this being undone is a side effect of the rollback to resolve the batting animation issue, a few other things that were in that build that were good were also rolled back, as they hadn't gone through testing.

Please send me a PM with your save data and I'll get that looked into - it's stored in %userprofile%\Saved Games\Cricket 22.

Will look into this auto bowling aspect, but with respect to spinners - it's not a "bug" that there's not no balls. The problem is an animation one - for pace bowlers the jump input being late determines it being a no ball, which means that the late jump will result in the foot landing over the line.

It was directly looked in to in this game to work out a means of spinner no balls, but the problem was that when they'd occur, they could occur without the bowler actually bowling a no-ball - in that there was nothing to actually trigger them overstepping, and anything that could would be something really hacky like ultra extending their front foot to force it long. If we can work out something that visually looks correct and works controls wide, the intention is to have them exist - but the choice was "no balls" that were in name only - and getting called for a no ball that didn't actually go over the line, or to again not have spinner no balls.

Is there a specific bowler you're using here? Difficulty?

------------------

Updates on some other things,

Various shot stuff is being looked into right now, a few issues have been found/reproduced there, players with 'Style 6' will have the most problems - just as the set of shots is very different mo-cap wise from the other batting sets, so needs some tuning to ensure it plays as well; but some are more general. It would be appreciated to at least give an example player if mentioning a batting/bowling issue - even if you think it's more general.

There does seem to be an issue with playing matches custom stadiums, working through a resolution here, but playing with the standard stadiums is probably recommended for the moment until the exact cause can be identified.

Thanks for the clarification :).

caprikaps

Club Captain
Besides the beautiful animations, did the patch correct the short sounds or do they still sound like you playing with a tennis ball?
Played for a bit yesterday and it seems the shot sounds got better or actually back to how it was earlier. Anyone else?

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've had great fun batting on this game so far, bowling however is a complete other story and the fielders are somewhat to blame. Also, I see what people mean with the final ball of the over scripting now.

So many things wrong with the basic mechanics like fielders standing watching the ball go past them, fielders refusing to run after the ball and let it slowly roll to the boundary, when fielders do run they run like 80-year olds, the AI not running sometimes when hitting it past a fielder, aggressive grounded shots played straight down the ground going up in the air every time, the AI seem to hit gaps in the field nearly every time they play shots. Oh, and what's with the across the line AI slog over square leg for four happening so frequently in test matches!?

May unfortunately just have to simulate the bowling in matches, either that or just bat as both teams. Really disappointed though considering how much fun I found bowling in all the previous Big Ant cricket games. Unlike playing limited overs matches, test matches really show all the issues in the game.

Also, yes I know that probably all these things I mentioned people have probably complained about a million times already but I just really felt like ranting. Thanks.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Some of the audio has been improved.

Anyone had a press conference in their careers lately? They just stopped happening a few patches back, (Xbox).

Can Xbox Series X users confirm this? I might as well get an Xbox, especially after the Activision acquisition.
View attachment 262028

Compared to what we have experienced to date it is definitely looking & feeling a lot better on an Xbox Series X in general but I certainly wouldn't rate anything as flawless!!

Shots are now crisper & the improved audio definitely helps there too but it still needs work.

Scoring is no different & obviously certain shots remain broken, (pull, square back foot drive, back foot cut).

Hester

County Cricketer
I've had great fun batting on this game so far, bowling however is a complete other story and the fielders are somewhat to blame. Also, I see what people mean with the final ball of the over scripting now.

So many things wrong with the basic mechanics like fielders standing watching the ball go past them, fielders refusing to run after the ball and let it slowly roll to the boundary, when fielders do run they run like 80-year olds, the AI not running sometimes when hitting it past a fielder, aggressive grounded shots played straight down the ground going up in the air every time, the AI seem to hit gaps in the field nearly every time they play shots. Oh, and what's with the across the line AI slog over square leg for four happening so frequently in test matches!?

May unfortunately just have to simulate the bowling in matches, either that or just bat as both teams. Really disappointed though considering how much fun I found bowling in all the previous Big Ant cricket games. Unlike playing limited overs matches, test matches really show all the issues in the game.

Also, yes I know that probably all these things I mentioned people have probably complained about a million times already but I just really felt like ranting. Thanks.
Test matches seem to be almost like T20s. I can slog shots for 4 every ball on hardest difficulty and the AI score 6 an over with a run rate setting at 18. God knows how many they'd be scoring on the default 50 value.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Since the last patch may main mode of dismissal as a batsman has gone from a mistimed drive to mid on to a nick to slips or wk.This is ok batting seems more challenging now than it has been in any of the previous games.I play with the sticks rather than the buttons and face the bowling rather than the TV view.

Users who are viewing this thread