Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
View attachment 256451
Post automatically merged:

how to play this shot is this a precision shot?

It's glide off the backfoot to 3rd man. You can play in in DBC 19 as well. On Classic/Pro controls, pull the LS back (back foot), and point RS towards 3rd man to a short pitched delivery outside off stump to play the shot.

SyedFsKHaris

School Cricketer
It's glide off the backfoot to 3rd man. You can play in in DBC 19 as well. On Classic/Pro controls, pull the LS back (back foot), and point RS towards 3rd man to a short pitched delivery outside off stump to play the shot.
so its a precision or attacking shot? because on attacking shot it plays a cut shot idk about the precision one cuz i haven't tried thats why i asked

Dracos

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
so its a precision or attacking shot? because on attacking shot it plays a cut shot idk about the precision one cuz i haven't tried thats why i asked

I haven't tried playing a precision shot through that region, but a normal shot (I presume that's what you mean by attacking) without any triggers pointed towards 3rd man or finer will get you this shot. Sometimes if the RS is a bit square of 3rd man you could get that cut shot instead, maybe that's what was happening for you.

SyedFsKHaris

School Cricketer
I haven't tried playing a precision shot through that region, but a normal shot (I presume that's what you mean by attacking) without any triggers pointed towards 3rd man or finer will get you this shot. Sometimes if the RS is a bit square of 3rd man you could get that cut shot instead, maybe that's what was happening for you.
It always play cut shot on attacking shot but i'll try again

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

It's a regular shot, i.e. I don't press any other buttons to play the shot and only use the sticks. The cut shot animation kicks in if you're trying to play square of the wicket - point or backward point region. But if you play a shot towards 3rd man, i.e. RS at 5'0 clock position, the batsman mostly runs the ball to 3rd man instead of playing a forceful cut shot.

Even if you play a lofted shot (L2 button), the batsman generally plays a similar shot but hits the ball in the air.

SyedFsKHaris

School Cricketer
It's a regular shot, i.e. I don't press any other buttons to play the shot and only use the sticks. The cut shot animation kicks in if you're trying to play square of the wicket - point or backward point region. But if you play a shot towards 3rd man, i.e. RS at 5'0 clock position, the batsman mostly runs the ball to 3rd man instead of playing a forceful cut shot.

Even if you play a lofted shot (L2 button), the batsman generally plays a similar shot but hits the ball in the air.
What are your control settings? Mine are the one where you have to aim at the direction and then press X for attacking Square ⬛ for Precision and Circle for Lofted

RAVI99

Club Captain
Transparent batsman option not working or it's, disabled I am changing it to when batting but still my batsman not transparent

Users who are viewing this thread