Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Proper physics in cricket 07? No way man! pitch characteristics were pure cosmetic. Only on damp pitches ball used to stay low, though it felt like playing on an wet carpet. I agree the atmosphere was fantastic. Commentry (Mark Nicholas any day, sincerely hope if we could hear him again in BA games) , crowd noise, sound track, players animation (sledging was better done in Brian Lara cricket though).
To be honest that game was beyond anyone's imagination. It was the best during the decade. And all the games by BA in this decade had improvements and better. They are missing things then and there but I wouldn't compare the current with old.

Pitch characteristics is massively missing in C19 but the sliders came in handy when bored. There is always something missing and I WANT to see those missing characteristics in this new game. If not... It's just C19 with enhanced graphics and extra items..

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Proper physics in cricket 07? No way man! pitch characteristics were pure cosmetic. Only on damp pitches ball used to stay low, though it felt like playing on an wet carpet. I agree the atmosphere was fantastic. Commentry (Mark Nicholas any day, sincerely hope if we could hear him again in BA games) , crowd noise, sound track, players animation (sledging was better done in Brian Lara cricket though).
Well, I meant "for it's time". I have stated that in the beginning of the message too. Overall, the physics in BAS games are better but in certain aspects, the physics in C07 seem to be better than C19. The ball doesn't seem too floaty and the legside shots don't seem too ineffective. Both the games have their pros and cons I guess. Hopefully Cricket 22 only takes the pros :)
Post automatically merged:

To be honest that game was beyond anyone's imagination. It was the best during the decade. And all the games by BA in this decade had improvements and better. They are missing things then and there but I wouldn't compare the current with old.

Pitch characteristics is massively missing in C19 but the sliders came in handy when bored. There is always something missing and I WANT to see those missing characteristics in this new game. If not... It's just C19 with enhanced graphics and extra items..
Yeah thankfully my message wasn't much hard to comprehend. Would love to see weather effects and pitch characteristics brought back. Those are very small details but they add a lot to the game. As I said before, C19 is still a rock solid title. But it misses out on a lot of these small things. A LOT. Hopefully, Cricket 22 takes the right notes. [Oh yeah, speaking of weather, no more rain with blue skies and no mare dark shadows during cloudy weather thank you.]

Last edited:

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Or take a catch behind the boundary line :lol
It never occured in veteran gameplay. However those one hand low catches was certainty a deal breaker. Looks ridiculous though.. :lol

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Or take a catch behind the boundary line :lol
I used to laugh my tushy out when the fielders do such stunts... And one weird things is the wicketkeeper appeals for lbw/catch facing the leg umpire in C19 and.... Le me giggles, lol

It's not a bad thing but some funny errors though.
Post automatically merged:

It never occured in veteran gameplay. However those one hand low catches was certainty a deal breaker. Looks ridiculous though.. :lol
I used to do that in real life, when we play box Cricket. So that might be inspired from the box Cricket then, right?

angad

Chairman of Consent
I hope we get to see that gameplay soon to know how the game looks in a proper match and also get more info on the gameplay improvements and fixes over c19. Since battlefield is releasing in a couple of weeks I might be tempted to dive into that and delay the purchase of cricket 22 :spy

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Cheeky! Is it me or do they look better in this post? Also this is the content for this week I guess :P
Realism was never a problem in Cricket 19 for me. It was the character expressions. I can say they do look better in C22 :)
Also yeah..............content of the week!

PristineR

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So is anyone expecting a video update..

Users who are viewing this thread