Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Is cummins bowling action ok or there is a issue after update.
Action looks precise. I like it.

In general.. post patch, I see there are differences in shots. AI bowling is nice. Just the spinners actions are old and same.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anybody experienced nicking behind (Wk/slip region) in the nets challenge?

D

Deleted member 185125

In general.. post patch, I see there are differences in shots. AI bowling is nice. Just the spinners actions are old and same.
Something is off with the Cummin's action, I think there is some kind of glitch right before the release. I think it might be something to do with the ball marker.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for any answers in advance, is it known if the Academy Creator will be available before full release, like DBC17(?) I think did?

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
It might not sound much but this addition would really help things. The Aggressive Grounded Shots for backfoot shots have the same animation and range. The only difference is that they have more power, which is not a bad thing, but they can be made much better. New animated shots such as "Pull over mid wicket" would allow more range of shots and they would be more fun to use as well. [Same thing can be applied to lofted backfoot shots as well]

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I'd urge people not to get their hopes up too much. Ignoring the fact that nearly all video games are ultimately disappointing anyway, cricket is such a nuanced sport it is near impossible to recreate it in a way that we'd all like. Think, also, of the budget and number of people that the FIFA series has and how they still can't produce a truly great football game. Big Ant need to be applauded for giving our beloved sport some recognition.

Although I agree somewhat I don't think this is entirely accurate, it is accurate if you are literally trying to make a real life simulation of cricket then yes there's not much hope but let's look at some other titles in the past and the fact that we play games to have fun.

BLIC99 - Not realistic and tons of fun for its time

BLIC2005 - Again very arcadey but had so many fun features imo, especially the bowling side of it

Cricket04/05/07 - Okay maybe not the best examples as you need so many patches to enjoy them but hell I think in hindsight these were some really good times as a cricket fan, especially thanks to modders

DBC14 - I thibk this game (again thanks to modders @francobaldo1 in particular) was the most fun and thrilling experience I had in a cricket game, literally trying my hardest to chase down scores or hope for a fall of a wicket to slow the AI scoring down or bowling them out for 190 only to struggle getting the score myself because losing quick wickets just amazing

PES PS2 ERA - Need I say more, the king of football at the time and I wouldn't consider it a sim but it did enough to capture the excitement of football...

And that's all you need to make a game compelling, is capture what makes the sport fun. If people like @francobaldo1 can give us thar experience I'm sure the guys at BA can, graphically looks great just needs to have intriguing gameplay not necessarily life like but just solid.

EDIT: but pls can we have realistic stump sounds instead of that dead "clonk" sound when you get a bowled, kills the energy

RAVI99

Club Captain

Action is perfect but the ball behaves strangely just at release surely there is some issue in consoles.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Really enjoyed watching this, thanks for taking the time to post it.

I liked the sound, strangely. Maybe it's just cos I'm on phone speakers, idk. I've seen others have knocked that area a bit but something about bat on ball sounded spot on for the nets. Like a gun had gone off every time you middle one. Been a fair few years since I've enjoyed an indoor net, but it certainly brought some memories back :)

What the game will sound like out in the middle remains to be seen, but that was one thing that struck me. I also enjoyed how it looked, smooth, got me excited for release. I missed Cricket 19 so this is some jump from Ashes 4+ years ago.

One thing I wanted to ask, what's with the speed tracker in the bottom right when bowling? As Pat Cummins it has you bowling at 35-40km/h?!?

Is that a known issue or am I missing something?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Really enjoyed watching this, thanks for taking the time to post it.

I liked the sound, strangely. Maybe it's just cos I'm on phone speakers, idk. I've seen others have knocked that area a bit but something about bat on ball sounded spot on for the nets. Like a gun had gone off every time you middle one. Been a fair few years since I've enjoyed an indoor net, but it certainly brought some memories back :)

What the game will sound like out in the middle remains to be seen, but that was one thing that struck me. I also enjoyed how it looked, smooth, got me excited for release. I missed Cricket 19 so this is some jump from Ashes 4+ years ago.

One thing I wanted to ask, what's with the speed tracker in the bottom right when bowling? As Pat Cummins it has you bowling at 35-40km/h?!?

Is that a known issue or am I missing something?
Yeah known issue with the speedo

Users who are viewing this thread