Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

kiron189

School Cricketer
Long sleeve fast bowling by someone look like anderson face not body/four card after boundary reminded me 2013 Mike Fegan's cricket..Looks downgrade of cricket 19..Thank god for pre order cancellation sony.That crowd animation sucks.
we came close to a perfect game in 2019 now gone PS3 era graphics on PS5 and worst bowling animations.That bowling action with long sleeves from Anderson reminds me of 2013 Mike Fegan's cricket bowling action..did Big Ant recruit Mike Fegan for this development?
I was the one to preorder one of the first PS5 user and now I will wait.This is what happens when you start development of game in April(Mike merren said) and release in November.

Last edited:

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone saying it's a downgrade is actually blind and delusional. Some of the opinions here are completely detached from reality. The game looks like an overall improvement graphically and clearly they have improved the package with a more detailed career mode. I often wonder if people even had any intentions of buying this game in the first place or simply just had completely unrealistic expectations? way too quick to complain about absolute nonsense.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To be honest I will never go off a video from a company whose business is reviewing game. I have pre-ordered but would have also waited for some actual video from actual game post the Day 1 patch.

jarroddobs

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Long sleeve fast bowling by someone look like anderson face not body/four card after boundary reminded me 2013 Mike Fegan's cricket..Looks downgrade of cricket 19..Thank god for pre order cancellation sony.That crowd animation sucks.
we came close to a perfect game in 2019 now gone PS3 era graphics on PS5 and worst bowling animations.That bowling action with long sleeves from Anderson reminds me of 2013 Mike Fegan's cricket bowling action..did Big Ant recruit Mike Fegan for this development?
I was the one to preorder one of the first PS5 user and now I will wait.This is what happens when you start development of game in April(Mike merren said) and release in November.
You have to be taking the p155. The bowling actions are an added feature which I think many will appreciate. The actions are just slowed down so the ball isn't bowled too fast/doesn't look too unnatural.

In terms of graphics you must've watched the video in 144p; I think the game looks as good as ever.

I can also confirm in my past discussions with Ross, this game has been in development much longer than April this year.

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
Rather making conclusion about Cricket22, I would say is IGN does not know how to play a game ! Conclusion from that video is IGN guys was making fun of cricket. Playing Test cricket on easy mode and that too 5 overs game says whole the mindset of IGN people. If it was Fifa they would have played it completely different way.
- They did now even show proper cut scenes
- They did not reveal any in-game audios.
- Just when i got a chance to hear commentary from Mike Atherton they just muted it and started shouting
- Did not show various camera angles.

Big mistake by bigant to reveal the gameplay via IGN !

Zhish

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I notice that replays still often start half-way through the shot...

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Most of best looking games fail terribly after the release and we have lots of examples for that... Yes graphics looks and feels downgraded, but I am more in to gameplay... If that is good, I am more than happy... I don't want best looking game which only excite you month or so...

kiron189

School Cricketer
Most of best looking games fail terribly after the release and we have lots of examples for that... Yes graphics looks and feels downgraded, but I am more in to gameplay... If that is good, I am more than happy... I don't want best looking game which only excite you month or so...
are you sure?..why not both.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I still can't figure out how the gameplay and AI would play due to IGN playing it on Easy Mode. It feels tweaked though and I hope that's the case since that's where Cricket 19 had minor YET annoying issues. Career Mode is amazing and looks immersive but only time will tell whether it will start feeling repetitive or not. The Cameras, Overlays and UI look nice and they have a lot of variety which is awesome. One thing I will say is that Graphics aren't very "next-gen" [Pls don't bring the pitchforks towards me and assume I am one of those kind of people who consider graphics over gameplay. Gameplay is of utmost importance for me but I just want to point this out so that they could use this feedback to improve.] It is indeed not very promising for a PS5 game. BUT it works! The Lighting and Visuals look stunning though! As of now, just waiting for a "Proper" Gameplay of the game.

Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After watching vdo, no doubt game is overall improved & its too early to judge anything at moment instead saying thanks to keep us busy during weekend via this vdo.

Better to wait day1 patch and hands on own experience before making any comments.

Just one thing BA must add option to turn on/off NEW RUNOUT MECHANISM because it might be boring for longer games like in complete test match.

Users who are viewing this thread