Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Isn't that Luke guy from IGN reviews racing games only? Seems like he "raced" over BA with C22 review.. Absolute shocker of comments in YouTube :rolleyes

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Career Mode seems fun.. Match environment especially that club ground, love that.. Captains still sending love signals across each other without talking, ok [as long as they are happy :D]..
Probably the worst idea to play on easy showing how the shots can go anywhere with a shot that doesnt make any sense.. Medium should have made it a lot better balance.. But anyway.. Lot of good stuff in there..
Fielding wise cant comment much until the release day patch comes along..
One thing which I really liked was the shot connection on the bat, even though some easy weird shots were played, the ones which actually were played properly looked amazing and so damn smooth, mainly the Stokes six towards mid wicket looked awesome..

Good to see a long video finally..

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
IGN video is primarily targeted towards casual gamers who pick up and play. That has been Cricket 22's ambition; they want to make it arcadey and casual enough for folks who have never played Cricket. This will ensure that an increasing number of people take up the game. It is critical for a business to have a broader market. The more revenue generated, the better for the company. Additionally, this is beneficial for the cricket gaming industry, as it will attract a slew of large players and significantly more licences. Prior to playing FIFA 06, I had never played or watched football.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Dear users who play on PC,
I'd strongly suggest to buy it on Steam. Give a play through with max graphics and custom difficulty (batting hard, bowling hardest in legendary mode) and then decide.
If you play less than 2 hours, you still can return and get refund if you think it's bad... But just don't fall for this IGN dump they took on us this morning..

I somehow feel the game will go down as best of all time cricket game.
Android Users: What do you mean by Buying the game on PC? And that too for INR 2999? Shouldn't it be readily available for download? Where is the Game on Playstore?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
IGN video is primarily targeted towards casual gamers who pick up and play. That has been Cricket 22's ambition; they want to make it arcadey and casual enough for folks who have never played Cricket. This will ensure that an increasing number of people take up the game. It is critical for a business to have a broader market. The more revenue generated, the better for the company. Additionally, this is beneficial for the cricket gaming industry, as it will attract a slew of large players and significantly more licences. Prior to playing FIFA 06, I had never played or watched football.
But dont you think such shots which can go anywhere is a bad representation of a sport? If you want them to pick up and play why not teach them the shots to play, thats why they have the tutorials and stuff.. I feel its a bad decision to make the ball go anywhere just because the user gave that input somewhere else on easy mode..

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Usual stuff..

IGN are useless at this stuff and should be taken with pinch of salt. I don’t know why BA persist with it as you learn nothing. If anything it’s like playing Fifa and the guys booting it off the pitch etc.

One thing that properly irritates me is the fact that replays for example still show half way through.. something that was repeatedly mentioned during 19 and still broke?

I will say though Jimmy body from back looks like a kid not a man!

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
But dont you think such shots which can go anywhere is a bad representation of a sport? If you want them to pick up and play why not teach them the shots to play, thats why they have the tutorials and stuff.. I feel its a bad decision to make the ball go anywhere just because the user gave that input somewhere else on easy mode..
There was a disclaimer in the video saying that it is played in easy to make it fun and have terrible jokes. I agree with the shots; that checkbox should have been disabled. (Obviously, anyone who is a passionate cricket fan would take offence to this.)

After all, any casual gamer requires fun!

I had a great time playing AO Tennis 2, despite the fact that I was a serious gamer in Top Spin 4. I continued to enjoy it.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I understand IGN is the biggest game site in Australia, but everytime BA go there, the video ends up being more a detriment to the casual viewer. Personally, I think the time could be spent on generating their own PR on their own. IGN doesn't have much traction these days anyway.

Usual stuff..

IGN are useless at this stuff and should be taken with pinch of salt. I don’t know why BA persist with it as you learn nothing. If anything it’s like playing Fifa and the guys booting it off the pitch etc.

One thing that properly irritates me is the fact that replays for example still show half way through.. something that was repeatedly mentioned during 19 and still broke?

I will say though Jimmy body from back looks like a kid not a man!

Lets be honest it's a bit of a shambles but someone at BA must have a metric that suggests it's a positive move, they're far from daft. It's a difficult one for Big Ant, balancing showing off the nuances of the game (in what is a very nuanced sport) which are probably more readily viewable a on harder mode vs the skill/interest of the IGN person sent along to play it. Whilst also factoring in that the target audience for this video is most likely to be people significantly younger than, say, me!

I get the feeling that this is probably going to be like 2 games in 1. Proper pick up and play, hit and giggle stuff in easy mode then hopefully a more hardcore experience on the higher difficulty settings. IF that is the case BA are onto a winner.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Lets be honest it's a bit of a shambles but someone at BA must have a metric that suggests it's a positive move, they're far from daft. It's a difficult one for Big Ant, balancing showing off the nuances of the game (in what is a very nuanced sport) which are probably more readily viewable a on harder mode vs the skill/interest of the IGN person sent along to play it. Whilst also factoring in that the target audience for this video is most likely to be people significantly younger than, say, me!

I get the feeling that this is probably going to be like 2 games in 1. Proper pick up and play, hit and giggle stuff in easy mode then hopefully a more hardcore experience on the higher difficulty settings. IF that is the case BA are onto a winner.
Exactly, Anybody who watched Mike's interview will know that is their vision for this game.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
IGN has 16.2m subscribers on Youtube; might be one reason to have a showcase on there.
Maybe so, but apart from a halo video, something about hawkeye and a tom holland short, average views are about 40k.

Sometimes a good, precise, tactical PR campaign and word of mouth can do some great things (word of mouth over time more so). Anyway, I won't harp on about it anymore.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
BTW forgot to mention.. LOVE the outdoor nets shown in career mode.. Absolutely stunning..
I know right? Looks good. Unlike other BA games, this is one good add to the game.

I guess this will go down as their best iteration of a cricket game. Watching the video and comparing it with some C19 GamePlay, boy this is a complete overhaul. Batting looks brilliant in C22. Bowling is a bit slow but smooth af and looks better than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread