Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MJT1994

Club Captain
I've been playing through some test matches and finding each innings all a bit the same, almost like each wicket is pre-determined. I feel like I can play each ball with ease, with timing not meaning much, never under any real pressure and then occasionally I will have a ball that I edge to the keeper. I think it would be a lot more interesting if there was a bit more variation.

I think that timing could be made much more important with early and late timing having a larger range of outcomes that at the same time would provide feedback on the timing of each shot even with the shot feedback on the HUD turned off. I was thinking something like this could work well and make each innings feel a bit more alive.

Early timing
-play and miss, opportunity for lbw or bowled
-hit in air, chance to be caught on circle
-hit in air, hit through gap in field
-hit in air, falls short of fielder on circle
-bat pad playing defensive against spinners

Late timing
-play and miss, opportunity for lbw or bowled
-inside edge to square leg/onto pads
-edge to keeper
-edge to slips
-edge drops short of slips
-edge through gap in slips to third man

There are many other outcomes you could add but the aim of this would simply be to make batting more variable, which at the moment I don't feel is. It could also be applied to the ai batting so bowling feels more involved rather than just bowling ball after ball waiting for a wicket to come.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
:spy

Bess isn't a terrible batsman. He was batting at 6 at times for Yorkshire (not that successfully I don't think). But that innings in general looks like 8//10 innings I had on Cricket 19. Smash through the top order and the last two wicket get them to a good score.
I was actually batting on this occasion. I think I just had a ropey start and then started to get into the groove a little bit the longer I went on.

Good job it wasn't the AI batting. If they'd gone 127-7 to 310-9 I'd probably have put my controller through the TV.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was actually batting on this occasion. I think I just had a ropey start and then started to get into the groove a little bit the longer I went on.

Good job it wasn't the AI batting. If they'd gone 127-7 to 310-9 I'd probably have put my controller through the TV.
So you gave the AI taste of its own medicine, well played :D

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've heard they laugh at anyone who purchases an xbox for cricket games. Apologies, don't shoot the messenger.
my worst decision this time was to prefer x1x variant over ps4pro and now suffering badly.

i wish if i can refund but option no more available so switch back to c19 who looks full product at moment

Mrp

Club Captain
How long can you play for before you can ask for a weekend?

Might be on steam, share my logos from c19 and then refund it :lol:lol:lol

Im in agreement with you and your points.... same old C19 which seems to have been polished with sandpaper.

kasabian21

International Coach
Despite all the negativity, I think I'm going to purchase the game. The questions is: PC or PS4? Any suggestions?

Laptop spec:

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
GTX 1660Ti Max-Q 6GB
16GB RAM

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread