Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

D

Deleted member 193590

I'm a new BAS Cricket Player and just purchased Cricket 22 on the PS5 yesterday. I don't know if this is a bug or if all of their games are like this, but when changing the difficulty in settings, no matter what I change the AI to Rookie/Amateur/Pro/Veteran/Legend, if I hit the Square Button (PS5) to view those settings under AI, Striker Timing/Wicket Chance/Bowl Quality/Run Rate remain at 50 regardless of the base difficulty that I selected. For all the other categories such as bowling and batting, changing difficulties changes the values. Surely a huge bug if so?
You have to make your own custom difficulty,some people like 100 bowl quality and about 20 run rate,mess about with the sliders till you get them how you want.All skill levels are set at 50 for the AI.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Recorded a weird and funny fielding animation yesterday on my ipad. Not sure how to upload a video because it usually loads as a picture

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
41/0 after 20 overs in a trial test, im WI batting v NZ in Port of Spain, Legend AI, Hard/Hard.

Fielding is improved, overthrows cut right down, but still too many leg side balls from the AI to left handers over the wicket etc.

More thoughts to come.
205/5 at close on day one, with another rain delay despite "none" being selected in rain option before the game.

Nicely balanced, its played ok, not too much leg side stuff, but i need to play the full match to get a feel of how it evolves, does the pitch behaviour change etc.

@blockerdave theres been a lot of classic Boycs in there, you'd have enjoyed it

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
205/5 at close on day one, with another rain delay despite "none" being selected in rain option before the game.

Nicely balanced, its played ok, not too much leg side stuff, but i need to play the full match to get a feel of how it evolves, does the pitch behaviour change etc.

Sounds good!!!

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Sounds good!!!
You'd have especially enjoyed the first session, run rate was never above two, as i sought to see of Boult & Southee and be more aggressive against the lesser metronomic men like Wagner and De Grandhomme etc, got a few starts but apart from a 63 from Kieron Powell nobody has gone on.

Day two will begin tomorrow when ive caught up on all the action from the Gabba tonight.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You'd have especially enjoyed the first session, run rate was never above two, as i sought to see of Boult & Southee and be more aggressive against the lesser metronomic men like Wagner and De Grandhomme etc, got a few starts but apart from a 63 from Kieron Powell nobody has gone on.

Day two will begin tomorrow when ive caught up on all the action from the Gabba tonight.
Do you find the leftarmers bowling over the wicket against right handers are too easy to pick off leg side?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England

Longing to play Tests but currently creating my own team, practicing/experimenting in Five5s and waiting for game to be as good as poss before committing to Tests… Oh, and longing for the return of Competition Designer too!

Will trial a Big Ant v Big Ant Test after another patch or two. The twists, turns and possibilities of Tests are amazing. In previous games, I remember running out a PNG player running for a third on the last ball of the day (Some might call that a bug!) and Gary Ballance (!) holding a steepling catch to deny Thailand nearly pulling of a 400+ run chase!

Bring on Tests on Cricket 22!

travder92

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just had a catch bounce off an outfielders chest without him even attempting the catch. It's an absolute disgrace that such a fundamental part of cricket is BROKEN in this game after they've had half a dozen attempts at making a game. Just pathetic.

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Still waiting for an Xbox patch! Crazy game has been out almost a week and unplayable outside of a 5 over game in current condition.
may be we Xbox users need to watch the actual Ashes sucks big time. Update from Ross is same for last 7 days, one thing is for sure any other games from BA people wont preorder (at-least not me)

Users who are viewing this thread