Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I loved how EA cricket 2004 had best cloud covers and different pitch look and conditions around the globe
Where is this dynamic weather system Mike Merren speaks of? Seems like the same old to me from what I read here except for better looking clouds

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Where is this dynamic weather system Mike Merren speaks of? Seems like the same old to me from what I read here except for better looking clouds
Dynamic weather in Cricket 22 is that we were cold towards the game. Now it is getting warmer.

On a serious note, when I played first test in Gabba it rained. Coincidentally it rained yesterday IRL too. Now in the weather they show wind speed as well, may be swing gets effected by it.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Dynamic weather in Cricket 22 is that we were cold towards the game. Now it is getting warmer.

On a serious note, when I played first test in Gabba it rained. Coincidentally it rained yesterday IRL too. Now in the weather they show wind speed as well, may be swing gets effected by it.
Are there actual rain drops this time? it still rains when the sky is blue or not? such silly questions but sadly worth asking

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Are you seeing this difference while you're batting, or it's the AI hitting you through the off side? And if it's true for human player, are you seeing it against pacers? The reason I'm asking is there are lot of shots AI can play which a human player can't, and the off side batting issue is more prevalent against pacers.

That was all me batting against both RFM and OS. I absolutely hammered the pacers through the offside early, one of my other batsmen particularly but he got castled before getting to 50 so no wagon wheel. I did think that there was decent variation at the time, a few bisected point and extra cover perfectly and a few went just either side of the fielders, I even managed to squeeze a square drive between gully and point which was lovely. These would almost exclusively have been yellow balls, quite full and wide enough, except the square drive which I just threw the hands at with poor footwork and it absolutely shot off the bat.

I'd say on that wagon wheel that the majority of the offside singles would have been to the spinner who had a boundary rider but the 3s and 4s were against pace. Admittedly it's not the greatest illustration but he has been my only batsman to reach 50 thus far.

It's certainly the best it's felt to date IMHO and I've been no fan of this game to date.
I also changed those two sliders.
What are your pace max slider set to?

I left Min Pace where it was and changed Max Pace to 70. That's sufficient for my middle aged reactions.

One thing I did feel particularly with max pace increased was that it created a noticeable difference with the spinners in that you could discern the flighted balls and those driven through more, or maybe that was the red wine talking. Overall I found the whole thing quite tricky and there was a definite ebb and flow with some periods being easier and some, where I lost two wickets in one over, being really difficult to navigate.

Also, I'd absolutely no complaints about any of the wickets I lost and I only had one set of 4 overthrows and no byes, albeit on a medium pitch.

First time I've actually enjoyed this game.

smth77

School Cricketer
I hit 3 sixers last night with lofted shots. One of them was the stepping down and smash it to off shot. Other 2 were proper offside lofts. I was able to do this only when the bowler bowls good length and with full length it gets to fielder or more of a ground shots.
You prolly hit those over mid off/ wide off region on a good length. There is no elevation through extra cover to point region :)

Harigoks

County Cricketer
You prolly hit those over mid off/ wide off region on a good length. There is no elevation through extra cover to point region :)
Let me just say this :P off side batting gameplay is a pickle. Doesn't matter if it's an aerial shot or drive or cut. There is a decent game under the carpet but things like this makes it dirty.

RDB3

Club Cricketer
That was all me batting against both RFM and OS. I absolutely hammered the pacers through the offside early, one of my other batsmen particularly but he got castled before getting to 50 so no wagon wheel. I did think that there was decent variation at the time, a few bisected point and extra cover perfectly and a few went just either side of the fielders, I even managed to squeeze a square drive between gully and point which was lovely. These would almost exclusively have been yellow balls, quite full and wide enough, except the square drive which I just threw the hands at with poor footwork and it absolutely shot off the bat.

I'd say on that wagon wheel that the majority of the offside singles would have been to the spinner who had a boundary rider but the 3s and 4s were against pace. Admittedly it's not the greatest illustration but he has been my only batsman to reach 50 thus far.

It's certainly the best it's felt to date IMHO and I've been no fan of this game to date.

I left Min Pace where it was and changed Max Pace to 70. That's sufficient for my middle aged reactions.

One thing I did feel particularly with max pace increased was that it created a noticeable difference with the spinners in that you could discern the flighted balls and those driven through more, or maybe that was the red wine talking. Overall I found the whole thing quite tricky and there was a definite ebb and flow with some periods being easier and some, where I lost two wickets in one over, being really difficult to navigate.

Also, I'd absolutely no complaints about any of the wickets I lost and I only had one set of 4 overthrows and no byes, albeit on a medium pitch.

First time I've actually enjoyed this game.
Thanx so much. I will try them as well, loving this game. Goodluck

smth77

School Cricketer
Let me just say this :P off side batting gameplay is a pickle. Doesn't matter if it's an aerial shot or drive or cut. There is a decent game under the carpet but things like this makes it dirty.
No, You have to actually compare a previous iteration to a new one. How can one side of the game decline so much? how is the fielding even the same as cricket 19. How is it possible to score runs straight when the bowler stop ideal timmed shots. I think Improvements are there but there are downgrades as well. Graphics are a downgrade on steam, but bowling actions and the pace is good. But the ability to pierce the gap or finding scoring shots rather than using broken mechanics like sweeping the spinner or hitting it to fine leg which makes a return in this game. They clearly are handicapped by the engine and did not invest in transitioning in to a better engine. It seriously feels similar to cricket 19. Just in the wrong ways. if it was a 20 dollar or lower game Would have been a bit forgiving. The fact that its a 45 dollar game is kinda absurd that it feels still in beta

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Doesn't rain. Haven't seen anything that represents rain. The weather doesn't change as well. Bright sun but the play will be called off stating rain. Awful that it needs to be fixed?
Really disappointing. Even BLC05 was better where the sky changed every over, clouded over etc. 15 years later we don't even have raindrops - All talk again from Mike Merran sadly

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m playing the Ashes series now on Legend and run rate at 20. I am bowling and they try and smash almost every ball. Think it’s a run rate bug?

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really disappointing. Even BLC05 was better where the sky changed every over, clouded over etc. 15 years later we don't even have raindrops - All talk again from Mike Merran sadly
yes BLC was a game ahead of its time. It had different crowd noise with band and trumpets playing when you play in West Indies and Srilanka. India had crowd roar and seagulls when you played in AU and NZ. It had dynamic weather where you see overcast skies and rain drops falling in cutscene. Alas its missing in Cricket 22. Can some please raise a ticket with Big Ant support for this since it was promised by Mike but is missing in Cricket 22

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
yes BLC was a game ahead of its time. It had different crowd noise with band and trumpets playing when you play in West Indies and Srilanka. India had crowd roar and seagulls when you played in AU and NZ. It had dynamic weather where you see overcast skies and rain drops falling in cutscene. Alas its missing in Cricket 22. Can some please raise a ticket with Big Ant support for this since it was promised by Mike but is missing in Cricket 22
I submitted a ticket. I at least expect weather to change conditions ie swing. Anyone seen evidence of this?
Post automatically merged:

I've seen very faint rain, it did cause the game to be reduced but was hardly noticeable.
Does anyone have any footage of this? would like to see it for myself

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread