MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This thread's for any problems you have running the Cricket Academy on your PC.

Basic troubleshooting steps:

Verify Integrity of Game Cache -
In the main Steam window, right click the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17 Demo' in your game list, and select properties.

From there, select the Local Files tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.

This will check your Academy install and redownload any incomplete or missing files.

Update your graphics card drivers -
Make sure your machine is using the best available graphics card drivers - the default ones installed by Windows are often insufficient for good performance. Where you need to go will depend on your graphics card manufacturer.

For ATI/AMD: Download Drivers
For NVIDIA: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
For Intel: Drivers & Software

If you don't know your card type, tools such as GPU-Z can detect it for you.

Getting support:

After you have done the steps above, and you're still having problems, sending us your save folder can assist in figuring out your problem.

Send us your save folder by adding the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17' folder from your 'My Games' folder in My Documents (typically C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 17) to a zip file and attaching it to this thread.

You can zip the folder by right clicking it, selecting 'Send to' and choosing 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. Then drag and drop that to where you type in replies on the forum to upload it.

If you do not have a save folder, that will mean the game has never successfully launched. To troubleshoot in this case - run dxdiag and attach the output to the thread. In most cases this will be because you do not meet the minimum system requirements for running the game.

inaziri

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dear All,

I have a controller issue with DBC 17. I am using Logitech wireless gamepad F710 to play DBC 17. It gets disconnected as i start the nets. On the contrary in DBC14 it works perfectly. Please help me sort out this issue.

I am using Logitech rumblepad drivers. SHould i try using xbox 360 driver?

Thanks

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the game is playable but i notice a fps drop of 10 after 30 seconds of playing, eg when the SCG starts fps reading is 38, but goes to 28 after 30 seconds,

any explanation of this? will it happen in full game too?

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

In the main Steam window, right click the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17 Demo' in your game list, and select properties.

From there, select the Local Files tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.

This will check your Academy install and redownload any incomplete or missing files.

Make sure your machine is using the best available graphics card drivers - the default ones installed by Windows are often insufficient for good performance. Where you need to go will depend on your graphics card manufacturer.

Getting support:

After you have done the steps above, and you're still having problems, sending us your save folder can assist in figuring out your problem.

Send us your save folder by adding the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17' folder from your 'My Games' folder in My Documents (typically C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 17) to a zip file and attaching it to this thread.

You can zip the folder by right clicking it, selecting 'Send to' and choosing 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. Then drag and drop that to where you type in replies on the forum to upload it.

If you do not have a save folder, that will mean the game has never successfully launched. To troubleshoot in this case - run dxdiag and attach the output to the thread. In most cases this will be because you do not meet the minimum system requirements for running the game.
plz help me MattW by telling me that are my specs enough
i am able to run the demo but only till the screen which shows dbc 17 version 0.0.68 beta
after that screen goes black
i think my specs are enough and if it were not enough then demo shouldn't have run at all
i tried your above troubleshooting steps but to no avail
now i have uploaded the zipped folder
please reply ASAP

Attachments

• dbc 17 save folder.zip
    19 KB · Views: 536

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
plz help me MattW by telling me that are my specs enough
i am able to run the demo but only till the screen which shows dbc 17 version 0.0.68 beta
after that screen goes black
i think my specs are enough and if it were not enough then demo shouldn't have run at all
i tried your above troubleshooting steps but to no avail
now i have uploaded the zipped folder
please reply ASAP
If you have the legit windows CD try reinstall, it would get the missing file back to run the game fine..Worked for me when DBC 14 academy released I had the same issue..

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you done everything listed in the OP yet? If so it could be a windows issue but before doing that maybe check to see if it's some odd clash between programmes - is there anything running in the background that might cause an issue? I had an issue with another game and Mumble a while back, the same thing happened there and after I turned off the Mumble overlay (which never actually works anyway) it fixed itself.

jay godhani

Club Cricketer

Getting support:

DBC 17 demo work fine without controller while insert controller game crash on startup....other high graphic game works fine with controller

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17.zip
    113.4 KB · Views: 613

Nishu28

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
My pc gets hanged whenever i go to nets or scg after the update
Even on 800X600
My system specs are
Nvidea gt 730
Amd fx processor
4 gb ram
Windows 10 64 bit
Plzz help @MattW

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
If you have the legit windows CD try reinstall, it would get the missing file back to run the game fine..Worked for me when DBC 14 academy released I had the same issue..
actually my windows 10 is not activated yet
because one of my frndz installed it in my lappy
windows 10 enterprise
but i don't think this could be the main cause for dbc17 not running properly
i had some issues activating windows
i was not able to do it so just left it as it is

Last edited:

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Have you done everything listed in the OP yet? If so it could be a windows issue but before doing that maybe check to see if it's some odd clash between programmes - is there anything running in the background that might cause an issue? I had an issue with another game and Mumble a while back, the same thing happened there and after I turned off the Mumble overlay (which never actually works anyway) it fixed itself.
yes i have done everything told above by MattW
first verifying the game cache
then updating the drivers
actually i was using outdated nvidia driver
i thought after updating it would fix the issue but nothing happened
after that i zipped my save folder as told by Matt and have sent it to him
one background app that is always running when my lappy is on is - Fences
it is a desktop customization software
other than that there is no such app or software running that could hinder the game

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
thank u so much bro
it worked for me
closing the background software
it was fences who was the main protagonist
after closing it game ran perfectly without any issues.

kripss

Club Cricketer
Dear All,

I have a controller issue with DBC 17. I am using Logitech wireless gamepad F710 to play DBC 17. It gets disconnected as i start the nets. On the contrary in DBC14 it works perfectly. Please help me sort out this issue.

I am using Logitech rumblepad drivers. SHould i try using xbox 360 driver?

Thanks

Same problem. It frequently pops up saying controller is disconnected while never had this issue with dbc14.
Also, my buttons are all swapped. A is B and X is Y and vice versa. Probably the triggers and bumpers too. (Thankfully, the analog sticks are working properly unlike in unreal engine games like Batman Arkham series and recently with Life is Strange where their axis gets inverted).

Im using Logitech Rumblepad 2 (corded). Tried using x360ce 64bit...but still not working. Going to try another emulator and see if it works.

P.S. didnt even need to use x360ce for dbc14.

EDIT: It says Controller 7 is disconnected, whereas i only have one controller (which is essentially id 1) attached.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
When I click "Play" button, the game launches, the screen goes black for 1 second and then goes back to the desktop.

I have verified the integrity of game cache and also updated my graphics card to the latest drivers.

Attachments

• dbc17_demo_asprin.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 374
Reactions: Pat

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
When I click "Play" button, the game launches, the screen goes black for 1 second and then goes back to the desktop.

I have verified the integrity of game cache and also updated my graphics card to the latest drivers.
Tried reducing resolution and other graphical things?

Users who are viewing this thread