Cricket Captain 2023

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Looks like the newest game is announced. I was reading their thread and looks like people are finally starting to turn on the devs for not making significant changes.

This is be the first one I don't purchase in years. Curious to hear other people's reactions

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket Coach will never get released. Oli is just fooling around with us. Hope you're aware of that.

As if the Cricket Captain devs aren’t. At least Oli isn’t taking money for his tomfoolery.
Post automatically merged:

Looks like the newest game is announced. I was reading their thread and looks like people are finally starting to turn on the devs for not making significant changes.

This is be the first one I don't purchase in years. Curious to hear other people's reactions

As for this… I merely point you to my initial reaction upon hearing of their announcement.

The latest Cricket Captain game to be released next month has ‘Bazball’ as it’s main selling feature, I kid you not.

Even by their standards, this is an utterly low bar.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
As if the Cricket Captain devs aren’t. At least Oli isn’t taking money for his tomfoolery.
Well I'd rather a game that updates the database every year than having to use the 2014 one

Bevab

Staff Member
Well I'd rather a game that updates the database every year than having to use the 2014 one

At the end of the day it is up to you if you want to support their devs. They aren’t going to make any significant changes to the game as long as the sales keep going for every stale release of theirs though.

On a side note, I did check their forum out of curiosity and whilst the first page was a pleasant surprise it just seemed like more of the usual by the second one. Highlights included the beta tester justifying the AI picking keepers in test cricket as top order batters by claiming that Gilly opened as a keeper whilst conveniently not mentioning that it was only in white ball cricket, the guy who praised there being new font for the new Asia Cup tournament and the mob piling on someone who called the game scheduling international tours for Pakistan and Bangladesh during the time of their T20 leagues unrealistic by claiming that Australia and England do the same and that it wouldn’t be unrealistic to see the other teams do the same in the future. It’s obvious that the fans of this franchise are as stuck in the old times as the devs clearly are.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Yes, but it drives me mad how in every save of CC21 it's always the same players thriving, in T20 leagues the overseas players available are also same, etc etc.

But of course, it's good business if they don't fix this, because then people are more motivated to buy the next one. I think I will buy CC23.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Post automatically merged:

As for this… I merely point you to my initial reaction upon hearing of their announcement.
Yes, I agree that there haven't been more than significant changes since 2014, but at the least they release a new edition every year with minor features and a debatable updated database. If Oli does that, I'm sure he'll have a more confident fan following!

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Yes, I agree that there haven't been more than significant changes since 2014, but at the least they release a new edition every year with minor features and a debatable updated database. If Oli does that, I'm sure he'll have a more confident fan following!
Childish Things?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I don't think any body will be stupid to shell money in order to play baz ball brand of test cricket as this is the only new feature this season. Better to stick with Cricket Captain 2021 with an editor.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I don't think any body will be stupid to shell money in order to play baz ball brand of test cricket as this is the only new feature this season. Better to stick with Cricket Captain 2021 with an editor.
Was considering 2023 (as I like updated games) but if the consensus is this, how easy is it to get fully updated squads?

Bevab

Staff Member
Was considering 2023 (as I like updated games) but if the consensus is this, how easy is it to get fully updated squads?

You won't be able to update the squads to present day unless you put in a lot of work, the editor is fan-made and pretty barebones due to the developers being extremely restrictive about their data. Not that I'm sure if it's worth it either given you can't change the start date anyway.

If what you want are updated squads alone then 2023 is the one to buy but I personally consider supporting a business practice like this abhorrent so I'll gladly stay away even if it means not getting my cricket sim fix for the second year in a row.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Downloaded the demo yesterday. It like the game is stuck in a timewarp.Pretty much same game I had ten years ago.As soon as you move a batsman aggression up he is out even when fully in.Would actually consider buying it for 10 or 15 .24.99 is too much

Bevab

Staff Member
Downloaded the demo yesterday. It like the game is stuck in a timewarp.Pretty much same game I had ten years ago.As soon as you move a batsman aggression up he is out even when fully in.Would actually consider buying it for 10 or 15 .24.99 is too much

And the one headline feature was supposed to be Bazball. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread