Cricket Championship

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys just wondering how many of you have played/heard of Cricket Championship???

It is an online management game that is in public beta. It has been around for probably almost a year and is still establishing itself/improving. James the creator of it recently (few months ago) got the league structure up and running which I think has been a huge success and it's coming towards the end of the first run through.

I find it by far the most enjoyable online management game and it is the only one I actually use now compared with Battrick and FTP which I gave up on.

I would just like to get a few more of you involved, if you haven't already heard of it and hopefully you can catch on like I did.

Here is a little bit James wrote about it:

Cricket Championship is a free browser-based cricket game where you manage and coach a cricket team. You choose which competitions to enter, select your team, train your players and, most importantly, define the tactics that your team will use in matches.

Cricket Championship offers you detailed tactical control of your team as they compete in four-day matches against other teams. You can instruct your bowlers to attack with the new ball or to bowl more defensively against a batsman that is scoring well. You can make sure your recognised batsmen protect your tail-enders from the strike. You can play defensively against the opposition's star bowler and attack against the rest of their bowling attack. Alternatively, if you aren't worried about the minutiae of managing the tactics for your team, you can simply pick the team and set how aggressively or defensively they will bat and bowl.

Your team's home matches can be played at any time that suits you and you can compete in leagues and play friendlies against your friends or against other Cricket Championship managers who are looking for a game.

Matches unfold in real time, session by session, recreating the drama of real cricket without the frustrating delays for rain (or winter!).

And here is the site that hopefully a few of you will try out:

Cricket Championship

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah. I played it but stopped playing it after 1 day. It's the one that only has FC matches, right?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
BUMP!

Just wondering again if anyone else here plays it now?

I'm still playing and enjoying it...

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
looking to play it again but it's boring... Waiting for some improvement in it and then play it...

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
That's the way I feel about BT and FTP, I guess everyone's different.
I've now tried to play each of them five or so times, but I just end up stopping after a week or two.
I think it's more with CC that you don't have to spend too much time on it, it's something where you can log on once every few days and check out how you're doing, IIRC with BT and FTP they were a lot more complicated, and you had matches every second day meaning you had to always be active.
I guess the enjoyment factor is just a lot for me with CC.
Also when you first start on them, you get wasted in every match, I guess putting me off them.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I think it's more with CC that you don't have to spend too much time on it, it's something where you can log on once every few days and check out how you're doing, IIRC with BT and FTP they were a lot more complicated, and you had matches every second day meaning you had to always be active.

That's what I like most about FTP. I prefer these types of things rather than the check results, post lineups for next game sort of thing. I can just go check the result, set the lineup for the next day's match. Search through transfer market for that player I need and sort out training. I just prefer it that way. And I like it that there's a game pretty much everyday.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
If I had a lot of time I'm sure I'd enjoy FTP/BT.
It's just that I only really have enough time to check out how my match is progressing, and set tactics for the next day.

On CC you could potentially have a FC match every five days, so have a match, then one day off, and another match.
It's just that with leagues on CC, their is only one FC match a week.

It is a pretty new game however, with only one person working on it, so of-course it's not going to have all the in-depth features like FTP/BT.

Also I must mention that I love it hows it's just proper FC cricket, none of this T20 BS.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
It's just that I only really have enough time to check out how my match is progressing, and set tactics for the next day.

That's basically what I do. Sometimes I get the time to follow a match and look for players on the Trade Market but majority of the time I set team lineups and check previous results.

I never spend excessive amounts of time on a game. If I win, sweet. If don't, couldn't care less.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I do that a lot with battrick, couldn't really care less if I lose. I promote from the bottom division in One Day and FC then relegate the next season and it's like yeah.

And I don't like T20's as well so I just use them to give my youth players experience to be pretty experienced by the time they turn 20.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors

On CC you could potentially have a FC match every five days, so have a match, then one day off, and another match.
It's just that with leagues on CC, their is only one FC match a week.

It is a pretty new game however, with only one person working on it, so of-course it's not going to have all the in-depth features like FTP/BT.

Also I must mention that I love it hows it's just proper FC cricket, none of this T20 BS.

FTP has only one guy working on it and BT had only one guy working on it for quite a while.

I tried playing this for a bit, but it was just so boring and dull. I quite like test matches in real life, but in text form, it's really just boring having to only play FC matches again and again.

BT is pretty boring too though. Everyone will have their own opinion. I absolutely hate BT, but I reckon I prefer it to CC.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah. I don't mind battrick though. Not into it as much as FTP. I just play matches, try and make my team better, have a default team for FC and OD and change whenever I sign or sell players and set out season training.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Before FTP existed, I was quite into BT and was building a nice team. However, in typical FTP style, a bit after FTP came out and I got into it, I had a firesale and got rid of my team and became farm/feeder for India. I now log in maybe once a month and have some nice NT prospects.

Users who are viewing this thread