Story Cricket History Retold with Dice and Cards

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I will be posting potted scores and updates here from games I play using Lambourne/Owzat Games International Cricket.
These will be my own personal games I play between League games elsewhere on the forum.
I will post links to a blog containing full scorecards and match reports for this story as updates on the blog appear.
Score updates and other info including links to follow shortly.

Edit...Here is the link the blog that contains the scorecards, match reports, and photos for this story:

https://internationalcrickethistoryretold.blogspot.com.au/

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
My first project:

Welcome back to the West Indies - Pakistan tour of West Indies 1998/9

I will be sending a Pakistan a on a Test tour of the West Indies in 1998/9 using the excellent Welcome Back to the West Indies set.
The tour in the guide for the set features 3, 4 and 5 day games against West Indies island and B teams.
The tour set also includes cards for roughly 16 to 17 players for each West Indies island team, balanced to compete with Test players from other nations.
I will be playing the full tour as suggested in the guide, with the addition of a handful of extra matches.
The tour in the guide is massive, rivalling olden day tours of England in scope, featuring 18 First Class games, and options for extra matches.
With this in mind, I selected as many players in my squad as I could get my hands on.
I based my squad on Pakistani international selections at the time, selecting all 31 players who were active at international level in the years preceding and after.
The squad looks balanced, and I'm happy with it, it will give me plenty of options for the tour matches in particular, which is what I want.

Pakistan squad:

Saeed Anwar
Aamer Sohail
Wajahtullah Wasti
Saleem Elahi
Shadab Kabir OB
Imran Nazir

Mohammad Wasim

Ijaz Ahmed
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mohammad Yousuf
Saleem Malik LBG
Hasan Raza

Azhar Mahmood RFM
Abdul Razzaq RFM

Shoaib Malik OB
Shahid Afridi LBG

Moin Khan (wk)
Rashid Latif (wk)
Atiq-uz-Zaman (wk)

Saqlain Mushtaq OB
Arshad Khan OB
Nadeem Khan SLA
Mushtaq Ahmed LBG

Wasim Akram LF
Waqar Younus RF
Shoaib Akhtar RF
Shahid Nazir RFM
Mohammad Zahid RF
Mohammad Akram RFM
Fazl-e-Akbar RFM
Kabir Khan LFM

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan tour of West Indies 1998/9 tour schedule:

v President's XI (3 days)
v Windward Islands (4 days)
v Windward Islands XI (3 days)
v Leeward Islands (4 days)
v Leeward Islands XI (3 days)
v President's XI (50 overs)
1st One Day International
2nd One Day International
3rd One Day International
4th One Day International
5th One Day International
1st T20 International
2nd T20 International
3rd T20 International
v Jamaican XI (3 days)
v Jamaica (4 days)
1st Test
v Trinidad (4 days)
v Trinidad XI (3 days)
2nd Test
v Barbados (4 days)
v Barbados XI (3 days)
v President's XI (4 days)
v Guyana (4 days)
v Guyana XI (3 days)
3rd Test
v West Indies B (4 days)
v West Indies Board XI (3 days)
v Combined Islands (3 days)
4th Test
v West Indies B (3 days)
v West Indies Board XI (4 days)
v Combined Islands (4 days)
5th Test
6th Test

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
West Indies President's XI squad 1998/9:

C.H.Gayle (c) OB
S.Ragoonath
L.A.Roberts
D.Rampersad
K.L.T.Arthurton SLA
R.O.Hinds SLA
R.Marshall SLA
M.Sinclair (wk)
D.Mais RF
M.I.Black RFM
P.I.C.Thomson RF

W.Hinds RM
R.L.Powell OB
K.Semple RM
W.Phillip (wk)
B.Murphy OB'
O.D.Gibson RF

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
West Indies President's XI v Pakistan - 3 day First Class match - Guyana

Pitch: 19 - Hard and bumpy, this wicket will always give the faster bowlers a chance. There is also the prospect that it will not stand up to five (or even four) days play and batting could become a nightmare in the later stages. It is doubtful that this wicket is really up to test standard.

Day 1 starting Pitch: 6A - Hard pitch with excessive bounce - favours Fast bowlers and Spinners

Weather: 8 - Overcast - all swing deliveries favoured

Injuries:

Shahid Afridi - 1 match - ankle injury

M.I.Black - 2 matches - back strain

West Indies President's XI:

C.H.Gayle (c) OB
S.Ragoonath
L.A.Roberts
D.Rampersad
K.L.T.Arthurton SLA
R.O.Hinds SLA
R.Marshall SLA
M.Sinclair (wk)
O.D.Gibson RF
D.Mais RF
P.I.C.Thomson

Pakistan XI:

Wajahtullah Wasti
Imran Nazir
Mohammad Wasim
Ijaz Ahmed
Saleem Malik LBG
Shoaib Malik OB
Atiq-uz-Zaman (wk)
Nadeem Khan SLA
Kabir Khan LFM
Mohammad Akram RFM
Mohammad Zahid RF[DOUBLEPOST=1507744776][/DOUBLEPOST]Pakistan win the toss and elect to bat first, a difficult decision in the Overcast conditions, but with the pitch to fall apart badly on Day 3, it looked a good one.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All the best mate, sounds interesting.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Score update - Lunch Day 1

Pakistan 113/3 (25 overs)
(Mohammad Wasim 30, Ijaz Ahmed 42*)

A wicket each to the fast bowlers early, before an aggressive Ijaz Ahmed innings sees honours even at Lunch on Day 1.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Score update:

Pakistan 210 all out (67.2 overs)
(Mohammad Wasim 30, Ijaz Ahmed 85, Saleem Malik 24, Shoaib Maik 22; R.Marshall 3-29, C.H.Gayle 2-25)

Despite 85 from Ijaz, good bowling by the home team's spinners saw Pakistan all out for 210 about an hour before Stumps on Day 1.
The pitch provided assistance to the bowlers all day, and Overcast conditions also aided swing, so Pakistan wouldn't be too disappointed with the score considering their batting lineup for this game.

D

Dutch

I have tried looking for some info on this but cant really find it...so basically how does it work?

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Dutch

Not sure what info you are after.

I will be posting links to a blog which will contain scorecards and match reports for this and other games.

The game I am using to play these matches is Owzat/Lambourne Games International Cricket.

Here is a link to the website that makes the game:

http://www.owzatgames.com/c/

There are various add ons available for it, and someone has created an excellent helper to play the game in excel that does all dice rolls and keeps complete stats.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
First match of the tour complete:

West Indies President's XI v Pakistan - 3 day First Class match 1998/9 - Guyana

Pitch: 19

Toss: Pakistan

Despite Ijaz Ahmed's 85, Pakistan batted poorly in their 1st innings on a pitch which helped the bowlers throughout a low scoring match.
The visitors lost their last 6 wickets for 33 to be all out for 210 and put themselves under pressure against a competitive West Indies President's XI team.
Suraj Ragoonath scored 76 in the home team's reply, and solid contributions from the middle order gave them a 48 run lead.
Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Zahid enjoyed the fast paced pitch, taking 4 wickets to keep the visitors in the game.
Half centuries to Saleem Malik and Shoaib Malik allowed Pakistan to declare 200 ahead in their 2nd innings, but West Indies President's XI lost early wickets and never attempted the chase, playing out time before bad light ended play.

Drawn

Man of the Match: K.L.T.Arthurton

Pakistan 210 all out (65.2 overs)
(Mohammad Wasim 30, Ijaz Ahmed 85, Saleem Malik 24, Shoaib Malik 22; R.Marshall 3-29, C.H.Gayle 2-25)

West Indies President's XI 258 all out (64.5 overs)
(S.Ragoonath 76, D.Rampersad 22, K.L.T.Arthurton 35, R.O.Hinds 40, R.Marshall 25, M.Sinclair 24*, O.D.Gibson 20; Mohammad Zahid 4-68, Kabir Khan 2-57, Mohammad Akram 2-34, Nadeem Khan 2-49)

Pakistan 247/8 declared (72.1 overs)
(Wajahutullah Wasti 36, Saleem Malik 51, Shoaib Malik 76, Atiq-uz-Zaman 39; P.I.C.Thompson 2-72, K.L.T.Arthurton 2-26)

West Indies President's XI 106/5 (34 overs)
(C.H.Gayle 21, L.A.Roberts 32, K.L.T.Arthurton 33*; Kabir Khan 2-39, Mohammad Akram 3-23)

Full scorecards and match reports including the odd photo on the thread's blog:

https://internationalcrickethistoryretold.blogspot.com.au/

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Did Gayle played at that time:o

Gayle was playing First Class cricket in the West Indies in 1998/9, debuted for West Indies in Sept 1999 or around then in ODIs.

Might have been the series Shabbir Ahmed debuted for Pakistan, there's some footage of him bowling Gayle for a duck on debut on youtube I think.

Users who are viewing this thread