Your Cricket Cricket Injuries

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just got hit yesterday 'coz i wasnt wearing full protection. So I'm all in for complete protection while playing cricket now :p
I was wearing everything except thigh gaurds. They feel awkward and hinders my running. So i was opening for my side. Got a juicy full toss first up which i smaked over mid on for 4. Next ball, bowler decided to compensate for it and bowled a short of good length ball. It must have hit some crack in the pitch as ball jagged back in sharply from way outside off stump. So i just got on backfoot to defend that. But ball missed my bat and hit high on my left thigh. :facepalm It was painful. But i was glad that it didnt hit a couple of inches to the right :p. I carried on for a while with pain but got out after scoring 42 runs in quick time.
When i got home i almost forgot about my injury. It was only when i was taking a shower i noticed a dark blue circular patch on my left thigh.

This was my first injury due to lack of proper protection.
I'm a WicketKeeper who occasionally bowls, thus sore thumbs and fingers are norm for me. But one of the most painful injury during keeping came a few month ago. The pitch was behaving strangly due to rain. One of the ball kept low and was dipping on me as i was going for it. I had my hands low, almost touching ground so that i wont miss it. Ball just bounced in front of my gloves and hit me in my adams apple. I almost choked for a few seconds. But again i played through the pain. :D

I guess you guys must have some memorable/painful injuries. Lets hear them.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
broke my knee and tore my cruciate and anterior ligaments whilst bowling about 6 years ago,was on crutches for about 8 months,touch wood haven't had anything that bad since...

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not me but one of my friends in my team. Me and him were batting. We had a poor start 34-5. Me and him put on 100 patnership. This tall black bowler(6 foot 5) charging in an bowled a full toss at my friends ribs. He cracked one of his ribbs and the bowler wasn't allowed to bowl again in the game. It looks really painful. IT happens when you least expect it

-----------------------------------
When I was playing paddle sweep, i nearly got hit in the jewels. IT was painful, but I played through it. Lesson there, always wear a box

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
You have never kept on Indian Wickets. Here most of the pitches are uneven, so some balls stay low even from shortish length and some take off from good length. Thus sore fingers and i guess your team has decent fielders. At least 5 players in my team have bad habit of throwing directly on the stumps. Why cant they just throw on bounce. :mad

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Some guy in my team got hit on the head last sunday from a surprisingly fast bowler who was bowling constantly short in an aggresive manner during a sunday friendly match. I've only been hit in the stomach and the helmet but it wasn't a full on blow.

I always wear a thigh pad now as apposed to last year were I would only wear one depending on the opposition bowlers. I've also bought an inner thigh guard just for the extra quick bowler's on crap wicket's.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
You have never kept on Indian Wickets. Here most of the pitches are uneven, so some balls stay low even from shortish length and some take off from good length. Thus sore fingers and i guess your team has decent fielders. At least 5 players in my team have bad habit of throwing directly on the stumps. Why cant they just throw on bounce. :mad

Mate in all fairness. English pitchs swing lots and it is really hard to keep. Even good keeper struggle. I have keeped for one game and I am a pretty good feilder (the best in the team). Ball always swings and both ways. IN the middle overs my tips of my fingers killed from the ball hitting them when I dived for it. We get a lot of suprise bounce where we play . IT is very hard to keep. So it is not just India that has crappy pitchs

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Well it is easy to keep to a swinging ball as it moves horizontally and that is predictable. The high and low bounce you get on crappy Indian pitches is unpredictable so you can never guess what is the safe distance for a keeper. You stand too far and balls would reach you on bounce and if you stand too close you would get hit due to some of the ball which takes off from just good length.

And did ya read the second thing i said about the fielders throwing the ball directly on the stumps instead of throwing on one bounce :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Well as I have never played on INdian pitchs I wouldn't know but I have played on Pakistani pitchs and I have to say those are hard to predict. So I gererally wear a helmet, box, thigh pads. And stand close. Makes you look Hard

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Helmet doesnt cover the neck and Gloves dont do crap when a ball hits the tip of fingers or thumb :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Something really funny happened when we were playing cricket yesterday. We were winning but one of the other teams power hitters were batting. He had made 40 of justs 16 balls and was taking the game away from us. As soon as he was out we would win. Our leggie bowled a good ball that landed on middle and spun a bit, caught the outside edge and the slip feilder clearly dropped . IT bounced on the floor and then in to the keepers hand . We all appealled just for the sake, and it was given out. The power started complaining. He had the right to complain as it clearly was not out. The umpire stuck with his decision and he lost his temper and threw his bat and it hit the umpire on his belly. THe umpire was hurt (not to bad) but the power hitter got banned from the league for about a year i think. It was an accident. He didn't mean it but it flew out of his hand and hit the umpire. Nevertheless we won the game because of a poor decision

Users who are viewing this thread