Sign-ups Cricket League of the Month - August | Start voting!

Lankan Super League - Neer

• LSL - Neer (Accidently added it in the question bar.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Cricket League of the Month
August

This is a competition made for encouragement and dedication to the hard work done by the organizers of cricket leagues on PC.net.

Candidate Leagues
All the leagues are chosen by me but there's a great chance of me missing some really good leagues, that's why, if I missed, then sign your league up. The leagues chosen by me can by found on post#4.

Participating Rules
The rules that should be followed by the members before participating are:
  • Most of the matches should be played in the month of the competition
  • The sign-ups are open for only 3 days.
  • The league must be completed or should be near the end.
Voting Rules
Each member who is a part of this section of the web forums is requested to vote. The voting rules are as follows:
  • There is going to be a poll posted after all the leagues are signed-up, vote in the poll.
  • Multiple votes are not allowed so vote wisely.
  • The managers who have organized the league(s) that are signed-up are allowed to vote but for others only
  • If an organizer is found voting his own league then he and his league will be disqualified
  • Do have a look at the leagues before voting, league links given on post#4
  • The voting will last only a couple of weeks after the poll is placed
Prizes
There are no prizes for the first month as it's just a start. If it gains enough popularity then the prizes would be given.

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Prizes
There are no prizes for the first month as it's just a start. It's a competition made for encouragement and dedication of the league organizers. I remember CG123 organizing this sort of a competition back in 2010. It's a little adoption.

I am confused

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Candidate Leagues
All the leagues are chosen by me but there's a great chance of me missing some really good leagues, that's why, if I missed, then sign your league up. The leagues chosen by me can by found on post#4.

Surely it should be a panel, bearing in mind you have only been active on this leagues section for a small period of time (no offence) . Personally I think it should be someone like @The Author and @VC the slogger as they have been active on this leagues section for a very long time.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
A panel for what? Choosing the winner? There's gonna be a poll placed, and the users would choose the winner by voting for the best league.

Regardless, most months will be won by either VC or The Author, bearing in mind the amount of work they put in. For example, I put in about 5-10 minutes a day (if that) on my league. Whereas, VC definitely spends way longer; the amount of work he does on stats alone is unbelievable. Personally, I don't think this is a very good idea as the "title" will most likely be won by the same few managers everytime.

Edit: Reference , no-one has done anything of that standard yet.

Last edited:

Aggz

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I agree. The amount of work both VC and The Author put in, not just in presentation or stats, but also to perfect the ratings is quite incredible.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Personally I think it should be someone like @The Author and @VC the slogger as they have been active on this leagues section for a very long time.

Count me out. Never been a fan of the League of the Month thingy.

For example, I put in about 5-10 minutes a day (if that) on my league. Whereas, VC definitely spends way longer; the amount of work he does on stats alone is unbelievable.

It's not a great deal longer than yours, except for days when I have to calculate stats. That adds an extra 10 minutes or so, although I can say the CWG with 20 teams took a little longer than the usual.

Edit: Reference , no-one has done anything of that standard yet.

Those looked a lot better back in the day when we had a VBulletin theme. I reckon the XenForo one will be easier to do because of the RichText Editor, so I guess I can add a few more categories next time.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Regardless, most months will be won by either VC or The Author, bearing in mind the amount of work they put in.

I doubt I'll make it. I'm too damn slow to complete any league within a month. :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Either way, I am not a fan of the idea.
@Ahmad94. The leagues are chosen monthwise. All the leagues that are/were held in August are nominated no matter how bad or good they are, if they are according to the rules then they will be picked. There's no need for any panel. If you guys aren't interested then I would consider deleting this thread, this was made to encourage and motivate league organizers so they don't loose interest. I've seen a few forums die and it feels terrible. I don't want this to happen here.

Personally, I am not fond of the idea. Admittedly, this section has decreased in activity since when I originally joined. It used to be the most active part of the forum back about a year or more ago.

To your point, I don't think it will affect the interest of managers. If anything, might even demoralize some of the newer managers if their league gets no votes at all.

However, if you feel like it is a good idea I am not going to get in the way. Good Luck with it, and I hope it is a success if you plan to run this :)

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Okay, I have a few issues with this.
  • First of all, there's nothing about career leagues that makes them any less eligible than other kinds of leagues. There were a couple of months when Badvintage's PC United league was the best thing on the forum.
  • Second of all, there's no point in this if it's just chosen by one person.
  • Third of all, there's even less point in it being chosen by someone who's only been active on this forum for about a month.
  • Fourth of all, there's no prestige to this without the right people involved.
  • Fifth of all, how can you remember 2010 if you registered in 2012? Me sniffs a double account.
You've got to give this kind of thing a bit of thought before you try to implement it.

If I was to attempt to run something like this, I'd start by getting a panel of three together, for example, myself, @VC the slogger and Aggz - largely at random.

Every month, the panellists would nominate their three favourite leagues for the month, and they would not be able to nominate their own. Any league with two nominations would then go into the short-list, before a public vote for the winner.

But frankly, I don't think your standing is such that you can run this with any credibility at all. Not yet.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
^^Seconded. Also quite like the idea of a panel selecting their 3 favourite leagues, making it unbiased .

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Do whatever you like.

Dude, I used to come to this site as a guest, that's why I remember + the cricket league and announcement thread is made by CG123, I was looking at his profile and the threads he made, I saw his thread, that gave me the idea. By the way, I was a guest at pc.net for about 5-6 years, I know people that are no longer active on this forum.

Regardless, if you want to start it, go for it.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I was clicking on the Cricket Leagues Announcement thread but accedently, clicked on his profile and then went deep into it.

It's just like I fell in a tunnel and found that there was a fairyland in there, kept on exploring!
Hmm... you broke onto his profile on 2010 when the forum had vBulletin? o.O FYI at that time, guests could not access to member accounts as far as I know..

btw, it is accidentally, not accidently :/

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Hmm... you broke onto his profile on 2010 when the forum had vBulletin? o.O FYI at that time, guests could not access to member accounts as far as I know..

btw, it is accidentally, not accidently :/

btw, it is "in 2010" not "on 2010". Lets not get picky about people's grammar otherwise we will be here for ever. :/

The point is if you have the planning and are prepared to adjust your methods slightly, you should go forward with this idea. Maybe add an extra category for "Best newbie league" or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread