Cricket life 2020

Flapjack

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies for the new thread but couldn't see where else to post this. It looks like cricket life from gamebience is still alive! The cricketlifegame.com website has been updated and promises an announcement on July 2.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Apologies for the new thread but couldn't see where else to post this. It looks like cricket life from gamebience is still alive! The cricketlifegame.com website has been updated and promises an announcement on July 2.
I can say you one thing never trust them it will not be released ever I have been following for years they just come up with some release date and run away for years before announcing a new one.Dont keep any hopes

Flapjack

Club Captain
I can't say I'm surprised by this but the September "soft launch" has come and nearly gone. The launch was so soft we barely felt anything! This has become a 13 year running joke, up it's almost worthy of a Netflix drama!! I've even had a think about who I'd cast...

Ryan Reynolds as James Carlton
James is the smooth talking CEO of the mysterious Canadian company, gamebience. In 2007, he leads the aggressive PR campaign for the freshest game on the planet, a revolution in cricket gaming.... CRICKET LIFE!

Anthony Hopkins as Gerald Matthews

When the games launch collapses amid in fighting amongst the dev team and a legal battle with Indian real estate firm ambience, Matthews, head of mysterious company called XTEGER LABS (who have no online presence!) Steps in and takes over and fobs the gaming community off with some "screenshots". Later dies, leaving everyone confused.

Rami malek as Alex young/Keyser soze

In à bizarre twist, it's announced that a British entrepreneur and cricket fan has bought the rights to cricket life. Again, there's doubt as to whether or not he really exists, or whether he's a 'boogie man' to that software developers scare their kids.

There would also be an episode devoted entirely to where the marketing "team" would decamp to the finest gin palace in Toronto and brainstorm the various names and editions of the game they planned ....

cricket life 07
Cricket life 08
Cricket life 1
Cricket life express
Cricket life ultimate
Cricket life: rise of teams
Project CCC

Not forgetting the moment when one rebellious Dev is shot out of a canon after proposing a new project, final ordeal: rise of democracy

That's all I got!

Last edited:

Evan246813579

School Cricketer
Believe it or not, it's actually been just over *14 years* since Cricket Life 2007 was first announced.

I recall that in 2014 a mobile version of the game had been "submitted to the Google Play store" but nothing ever came of this - I feel like there was another update in 2018 (?) and then the most recent one a few months ago.

Perhaps it was genuinely a game under development at first. Some legitimate-looking screenshots were released sometime on their Facebook page between 2011-2013. In 2008 Mike Hussey became the brand ambassador for the game. There is also evidence online that trademarks for Gamebience were applied for in both India and the UK.

The possibility of "George Fredericks", "James Carlton", "Alex Young" and so on being fictional characters seems very high as it is difficult to find any existence of these people. George Fredericks does have a LinkedIn page but only his position at Gamebience is given.

There is also no online presence of "Xteger Labs Inc" and no evidence that a company with this name has ever existed. Note - the name of the person associated with "Xteger" was "Gerald Matthews"

There is some information regarding Gamebience that is publicly available online - it is an entity of a legitimately registered "corporation"

In some of their press releases, Gamebience was stated to be an entity of CFiniti Corp Inc. located in Mississauga, Canada.

Gamebience Announces PC Game 'Cricket Life 2007' | GamesIndustry.biz

A search of CFiniti Corp Inc. shows that it was incorporated in 2005. There is a single sole director. This person's name was never mentioned in any press release or interview by Gamebience. No other names are associated with CFiniti Corp Inc. See the webpage below for details.

Federal Corporation Information - 648172-8 - Online Filing Centre - Corporations Canada - Corporations - Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada

The listed phone number for the company does not work (CFINITI Corp - Opening Hours - 405 Britannia Rd E, Mississauga, ON and the listed office appears to be one room of a studio at a business center in which an office of another company operates from. Further searching of the listed address shows another company with no online presence also registered to the same address.

Perhaps we will be shocked and this game will finally be released? Or perhaps it is one gigantic troll job that is still going over a decade later?

D

Dutch

It looks like this is just a tax scam or something. I remember reading about them getting a lot of subsidie to develop the game......

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
If I remember correctly their main feature/selling point was a career mode? Big Ant got it covered

Flapjack

Club Captain
Love that dedication to the research! We appear to be equally transfixed by this curious piece of gaming history. If you Google Street view the address it's in the middle of nowhere!!

Their Facebook page, and the screenshots of from 2012 are still live!.[DOUBLEPOST=1601311202][/DOUBLEPOST]Side note, I was on my honeymoon when they promised the big reveal in April 2012 and I snuck into the hotels internet cafe on the day they said it would happen I was there for ages!

D

Dutch

Love that dedication to the research! We appear to be equally transfixed by this curious piece of gaming history. If you Google Street view the address it's in the middle of nowhere!!

Their Facebook page, and the screenshots of from 2012 are still live!.[DOUBLEPOST=1601311202][/DOUBLEPOST]Side note, I was on my honeymoon when they promised the big reveal in April 2012 and I snuck into the hotels internet cafe on the day they said it would happen I was there for ages!
ha ha! Divorced?

Evan246813579

School Cricketer

It appears to be a business center with several different companies operating from the location. However cFiniti Corp Inc. certainly seems to no longer be there despite the registered office address - the phone number is dead! If you search the address (including the suite #) there are some other company names registered at the same location.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It looks like this is just a tax scam or something. I remember reading about them getting a lot of subsidie to develop the game......
This seems more and more like a possibility. Something to do with finance definitely.

Evan246813579

School Cricketer
Some things seemed legitimate with this game which suggests that it really may have been (or still is) a thing.
  • Legitimate-looking in-game screenshots that were released
  • Mike Hussey becoming the brand ambassador in 2008
  • Trademarks being applied for in the UK and India (the one in India being opposed in 2010)
I've gone back through all press releases and interviews with Gamebience and these are the mysterious names involved and their stated roles.
  • George Fredericks - Marketing Manager, Media Relations / PR Officer
  • James Carlton - Lead Programmer
  • Rob White - Marketing Manager
  • S.A. Uzayr - Cricket Life 2007 Project Head, CMO (Chief Monetary Officer)
  • Gerald Matthews (CEO of Xteger Inc. - also called Xteger Labs)
  • William Matthews (brother of Gerald Matthews)
  • Alex Young (UK-based entrepreneur and cricket enthusiast who purchased the rights to Cricket Life in 2014)
They are either very hard to find or fictional. No trace can be found of George Fredericks. The closest I got was a James Carlton in Ontario but who doesn't appear to be a computer programmer.

If any of these people were genuinely involved in a company called Gamebience, it's hard to believe that none of them would appear over the years with something to say about the delay of the game?

Actual names that can be found (from publicly available information) are Shabbir A. Syed, Director of cFiniti CORP Inc. and Gambience and an Ozair Syed. Neither were ever mentioned in press releases or interviews but they are linked to "Gamebience".

The phone number for the registered office is dead and other numbers lead to dead ends. However annual filings are still being made each year.

The confusing part is Gamebience suggesting a group of staff were continuously working on the game over the years. Is this financially sustainable? There was another non-cricket game that was meant to be released. There is no web presence for cFiniti Corp in any way. Gamebience don't seem to have released anything. I still believe the game is/was real (and I hope it's released if so!) but it's a complete mystery!

Flapjack

Club Captain
Great work Evan! Is Mike hussey on twitter? Might be worth reaching out to him as I imagine that whatever contract he signed holds no water anymore. Did you see the article that said gamebience had hired "killer" Australian cricketer Mike hussey? Odd choice of words!

It has all the hallmarks of a troll Job with the odd cast of fictional characters. The zero online presence baffles me, but the fact it's still being"developed" after so long makes me think something is out there.

Whatever it is though, I imagine it's a shadow of what was originally planned. I found this image from the 07/08 iteration - they had invisible bats!Screenshot_20200929-090252.png

Flapjack

Club Captain
I found Mike hussey on twitter and just asked him! Will let you know if he replies

Users who are viewing this thread