Cricket Lunch, and Tea

cricketspur

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Being the sad person i am, I've always wondered what cricketers have for lunch and tea, I guess it varies from country to country.

In England they would have cucumber sandwiches for lunch and scones and jam for tea. For India/Pak it could be curry for lunch and onion bhajis and samosa for tea. Not sure about Windies etc, does anyone have any ideas...for other countries?.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Logically something with high amounts of Carbohydrates, I.e, Pasta, Sandwiches as you mentioned. For India, Well once I saw Irfan Pathan eating the Traditional Gujarati Thali just before he was about to go into bat :p

I think in the subconinent overall it will be snacks, Not Samosa or Curry seeing as that would make the stomach very heavy as they are heavy foods :p

.Mob

International Coach
And it would be tragic if one of them had to leave the field for number 2, especially when batting, haha.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Whilst watching the Adelaide Test, Taylor and Healy said that Adelaide was famous for its plum chicken.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I can't think they'd be eating too much. But it would definitely be energy-packed food and nothing that could upset your stomach.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
It would have to be more carbs, less of the heavier stuff. I imagine types of bread, pasta, sweet stuff, maybe an actual cup of tea, energy bars, sandwiches...

Jit

International Cricketer
Ya they wont eat stuff like Curry. It would be high carbs and energy.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Can't beat that taste. I wonder if they actually ever do have KFC.

I've always wondered what they do while their team is batting. Lol.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I imagine the players get the food that suits their diet? Or maybe what i've seen, heard about is that they take the special local Dishes for lunch/tea.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
On some interview, I think it was Karthik that said that some guys eat a full fledged meal and some guys eat nothing. I know for a fact that Sachin only has a few fruits for breakfast, that's all he was eating when I saw him at the breakfast table in Trinidad and Tobago. The other guys all had omelets mostly, some had cereal.

Personally I wouldn't eat much, a high energy snack and maybe a little pasta. As for tea I doubt they eat much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread