Story Cricket World Series - ODI

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have had this game for long but I have hardly played few games in full or any series in full. This time around I have decided I will give it my best shot and try to play non stop for few months whenever I get good enough time. I am planning to play a World Series that will involve two pool system with 7 teams in each pool. Every team in each of the pool will play a 3 match ODI series against each other once at home, once away and once at a neutral venue. Netherlands, Canada and Namibia will sign up just retired players who can still contribute. The players include just retired stars like S.Waugh, W.Akram, W.Yunus, M.Waugh, Srinath, Slater etc. There will be variable weather and pitch during the series thanks to Shailesh?s game tweak. I am going to play as one team in every series that will take place.

The two pools are as follows:

Pool 1 : Australia, Canada, India, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan and Zimbabwe

Pool 2 : Bangladesh, England, Holland, Namibia, South Africa, Sri lanka and West Indies.

2 teams from Pool 1 and 2 teams from Pool 2 will qualify to play the semifinals. The semifinals will also be a 3 match affair and the finals will be between the winners of the semi finals.

The statistics of every game as well as individual players will be kept (using stats software).A competition points table for both the teams and the players will be kept too. There will be audio and video highlights along with match reports (not as good as the ones m_vaughan produces).

The following is the points system for individual players:

Run 1 point
Solo wicket 20 points
Catch 5 points
Stumping 10 points
Man of the match 50 points

Cumulative bonus innings batting points:

Batting:

5 points for reaching 20 runs
10 points for reaching 50 runs
20 points for reaching 75 runs
50 points for reaching 100 runs

Bowling:

5 points for reaching 2 wickets
10 points for reaching 3 wickets
20 points for reaching 4 wickets
50 points for reaching 5 wickets

Tools and patches used:

1. Shailesh?s save game tweak.
2. Prakash?s lineup editor, player editor and configs editor (pretty much anything he comes up with really)
3. My very own V 11 AI patch (with fixes as suggested by Mike).
4. Sam?s no cursor exe for batting.
5. Sam?s no run out exe for bowling.
6. !xspeed set at +1.61(no kidding, this makes the game very fast and will only take less than an hour to finish any game if I play non stop) for both batting and bowling.
7. Cricket statistics software to keep track of scores.

Wish your favorite teams luck guys, I may not do enough justice to them all.

The first series will take place between Australia and New Zealand. The teams will only be altered and announced on the day of the match.

The following is the schedule, pitch for the 3 ODI match series between Australia and New Zealand.

1st ODI : At Perth
Pitch and weather conditions for the first 50 overs :

Pitch : Normal
Weather : Sunny
Temperature : Hot

Pitch and weather conditions for the second 50 overs :

Pitch : Hard
Weather : Night
Temperature : Warm

crick4life

International Cricketer
Cheers, Brad I hope I can finish the series sometime in the next decade;)

Australian squad :

M.Hayden, A.Gilchrist, R.Ponting, D.Martyn, D.Lehmann, M.Clarke, A.Symonds, S.Warne, J.Gillespie, M.Kasprowicz & G.McGrath

Black caps squad :

S.Fleming, N.Astle, H.Marshall, S.Styris, C.McMillan, C.Cairns, J.Oram, C.Harris, D.Vettori, B.McCullum & I.Butler

jonah

International Coach
Wow, that's an in-depth series you've got going there mate. All I can say is...
"Come on England!!";)
Good luck Ravi:) .

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yep all the best mate, and definitely come on England ;) :)

brad352

Executive member
Well in response to that I think I need to say
Go the Aussies!

AustFlag5.GIF

crick4life

International Cricketer
Tony Grieg : Welcome to WACA, Perth for the first of the 3 ODI match series between New Zealand v/s Australia. We have here with us Ian Healy and Ian Smith with their thoughts on the pitch and the playing conditions for this enthralling ODI match between the arch rivals.

Ian Healy : Good morning every body, we could have done with shorts and a tee by the looks of it. It?s an absolutely hot and humid day here today at Perth. The pitch looks a beauty to bat, the outfield fast and the ball will come on to the bat nicely. Change of pace and taking the pace of the ball will be the order of the day once the ball is a touch old. Form me New Zealand have the chance of picking quite a few slower medium bowlers who can be fairly effective on this pitch. Australia will have a touch task on hand choosing between B.Williams, B.Lee, M.Kasprowicz and I.Harvey now that McGrath will be leading the attack. Personally I would go with I.Harvey on a pitch like this.

Ian Smith : Absolutely agree with Heals and this is probably the kind of track crowd will be looking forward to seeing the NZ and Australia lock horns on. The conditions may help the reverse swing going but the slower bowlers like Vettori and Warnie will be the ones to watch out for.

Richie Benaud : Tony Grieg is with Ricky Ponting and Stephen Fleming at the toss.

Tony Grieg : Fleming wins the toss and he chooses to bowl, that?s a bit of a surprise Flem.

Fleming : The pitch looks good for batting and by the looks of it will hold good in the later part of the match for batting too. Taking into consideration the dew factor we would rather like to bowl first. The ball may skid on nicely and with this lightning fast out field scoring runs may become easier.

Tony Grieg : What do you think would be a good score on this pitch:

Fleming : Anything between 250-280 can be chased with the kind of batting line up we got.

Tony Grieg : What is going to be your bowling line up, any surprises?

Fleming : Not really, we can?t be taking any chances with either the batting or bowling line up at this stage of the World Series. We are going with J.Oram, I.Butler as our opening bowlers, the old horse Harry is playing. This sort of pitch is best suited for his type of bowling I think. We have few injury issues on our hand at the moment forcing C.Martin, Bondy and Tuffey on the bench.

Tony Grieg : Ricky, are you happy to bat on this pitch? You look fairly happy you probably would have like to bat on this surface anyway?

Ponting : Yeah, the track looks good and the conditions are good for some fast paced cricket. That said it is not going to be easy to pick fours every other ball. It is an important match and there will be few butterflies in the dressing room playing this format of World Series. It?s a matter of keeping the nerves and doing your best.

Tony Grieg : Your team composition?

Ponting : Kasprowicz will be making a start in this ODI series. It?s a bit hard on B.Williams and Harvey but we will have to choose the best among the lot. Kasper has done pretty well in the recent series against the Sri Lanka and definitely warrants a selection.

Tony Grieg : Good luck mate. Here we are ready to start the big game under blue skies, good sun light and more than anything some very talented players.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Australian inning came to an end to excatly 300 runs at the end of 50 overs. Thanks to Ricky Ponting's whooping 139(156 balls, 21 fours, 1 six) balls :eek: , a patient un symonds like inning from A.Symonds 36(61 Balls, 4 fours) and a good late inning cameo from M.Clarke 30*(22 balls, 3 fours, 1 six) saw Australia recover from being 95/4 after 22 overs or something to 300 off 50 overs. I have not seen another inning like Ponting's in C2K4 and it isn't an exaggeration. The placement of shots were superb and the way the inning was pace was really cool. There were many memorable shots a pull shot, hook shot, glance through to fine leg from around off stump, the straight drives, on drive and a big slog sweep for six off Vettori. The best shot of the inning although belongs to M.Clarke who ran down the wicket and hoisted Vettori over long on literally out of the ground for a huge six of the first ball he faced. :eek: :cool:

By the looks of it the changes made to the patch looks good although it may need couple more matches to accept it. All in all a disappointing bowling effort after having bowled well in the first 15-20 overs but in the end the Ponting, Symonds and M.Clarke batted sensibly for which I had no answer. Bowling wasn't an easy part anyways with the !xspeed set to +1.62:eek: but it was fun while it lasted. Sometimes its ok to see CPU bat so well and sensibly.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The best shot of the inning although belongs to M.Clarke who ran down the wicket and hoisted Vettori over long on literally out of the ground for a huge six of the first ball he faced.

Can you please post a video or a screenshot of that, mate?

crick4life

International Cricketer
The Aussie scored in the following :

Aussie scorecard

Spider and match status post Australia's inning.

Attachments

• screens.jpg
    screens.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 125

dexter

School Cricketer
mate...i've noticed !xspeed speeds up my system clock aswell. is this a bug, or more or less common to all?

geez, i had to use the loo...wen i got back my system's time was up by 34 mins. imagine my amusement...cud hv been a new world record!

Users who are viewing this thread