CricketLife: Expected to release before Ashes.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everyone,

This thread is for all those cricket lovers who are starving for another cricket game. It is for those who felt betrayed when EA had listed Cricket09 on their site and started giving tips only to deny any possibilty of a cricket game this year.

I have just checked cricketlife pc game website to found that the 3rd beta test of the game has been completed. Thus we can expect game to be released near ashes. As i have not heard of a game which had more than 3 beta tests before releasing. They started beta tests in oct , os that means they had tested the game for 6 months. Thus we can finaly expect a quality cricket game. So cheer up everyone and just show your middle finger to guys at EA. here is the link Gamebience::Latest Developments

To Mods: I posted this thread here coz it relates to cricket and the fans are really anxious bout a new cricket game after the pull out from EA. Thus This would have discussions related to cricket. Moreover, more people visit this thread than anyone,thus more people would know bout this fantastic game.

max_dillon2007 added 21 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Yuppie, This game would be the first cricket game to use direct x 10.
Minimum System Requirements..

Gamebience recommends the following system configuration in order to experience the full graphical power of Cricket Life.

Recommended Requirements (Optimized for Quality):
Operating System: Windows XP/Windows Vista*
RAM: 1 GB RAM
Processor: Duo-Core Processor
Graphics Card: 1 GB DirectX 9.0c compliant dedicated graphics card with Anti-Aliasing support, Pixel Shader 3.0, Vertex Shader 3.0. (DirectX 10 compliant graphics card recommended for Windows Vista)

Minimum Requirements (Optimized for Performance):
Operating System: Windows XP/Windows Vista*
RAM: 512 MB RAM
Processor: 1.4 GHz
Graphics Card: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant dedicated graphics card with Anti-Aliasing support, Pixel Shader 2.0, Vertex Shader 2.0. (DirectX 10 compliant graphics card recommended for Windows Vista)

*Windows is the registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.

My system is more than capable for this, so i am eagerly waiting to land my hand on this beast. Looks really promising.

Bibu07

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For this reason, I ain't moving to Vista.:) Nice specs for PC. Looks interesting waitin for it.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Uhh...so this game gas gone through 3 betas and ready to be released yet there is not a SINGLE screen of the in-game graphics? Or any graphics for that matter - how do they expect people to be interested if they dont show us anything but text?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
You can check other threads there are screenshots of Cricket Life

Err, no. Did you even read the articles on their site? They have totally revamped the game. The entire game. Especially the graphics component.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My Dragon is ready to face this ;) Just bring it :mad

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Is this a joke? 1GB of graphics card, my goodness even Crysis doesn't recommend that! It can't be possible unless,

1. The game is too crappily optimized
2. Its better than Crysis!

Kshitiz_Indian added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

On a more hearty note, the SDK they're promising seems to be good. Hope they come up to their promises!

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
1 GB Graphics card??? I know that they revamped the graphics engine but to the extent of beating crysis?

I had full hopes on this one. but that 1GB is creating serious doubts in my mind that it is poorly optimized!

GTA 4 or crysis renders very very large and complex environments with high quality shaders and use around 1 GB for rendering those environments(the former needs a 'vapour' 2 GB to max out)

Cricket means only a stadium filled with crowd and 22 players along with occasional rain effects i guess.Then why would it require 1GB???:(

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
I think CricketLife's team are not that professional as TAOC one's...

For the system requirements point of view,i would appreciate EA Sports,they are able to make their games high wuality on low RAM like Fifa 08 on 256 mb ram

Users who are viewing this thread