Crowd Response

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would like to know from English fans here whether there is any anticipation and build-up towards this event in England. Have the ticket sasles been good? We do not want another global event being a flop like the 1999 or 2007 WC. Is it getting any media coverage at all or is it still Man Untd losing the Champions League final which is still dominating the sports pages?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Warm up games show crowds will be poor. India V Kiwis and RSA V Pakistan are not bad games to watch.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Warm up games show crowds will be poor. India V Kiwis and RSA V Pakistan are not bad games to watch.
The crowds for the main event will be good. It's just that these are warm ups.

Unless you were a cricket fan you'd have no idea the World Twenty20 was 4 days away if you lived here.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Tickets are cheap. So crowds should be big.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
England is best place to hold World Cup due to pitches and weather but crowds apart from sub continent games are generally dull.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
England is best place to hold World Cup due to pitches and weather but crowds apart from sub continent games are generally dull.
In the sub continent games they bring those bloody horns in, which would be the first thing I'd ban if I was in charge.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I would like to know from English fans here whether there is any anticipation and build-up towards this event in England. Have the ticket sasles been good? We do not want another global event being a flop like the 1999 or 2007 WC. Is it getting any media coverage at all or is it still Man Untd losing the Champions League final which is still dominating the sports pages?
It has been featuring on BBC sports news but very much after all the other sports news (and by sports news, I mean football) is done with. Much anticipation? Not really, but I'd expect decent crowds for the matches.

Tickets are cheap. So crowds should be big.
Not that cheap, decent seats are ?60 for a group match. Some tickets still available but not for all matches.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I got my ticket for ?10. Can't get much cheaper than that. The Gold tickets were about ?15 but they were sold out.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I take it that was for a warm up match?

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Nope, India v Bangladesh, 6th June, Trent Bridge.

I guess I was the early bird though.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Wow that's cheap, I went to the England-West Indies ODI last week and it was ?55 for my ticket.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
That is very cheap, don't remember seeing them advertised that cheap ever. Mind you I didn't check that match. Apart from the opening game, and that match all other tickets do you for 2 games. So I'd have expected it to be cheaper, but not that much cheaper.

You aren't quoting the price of a child ticket are you?

Edit:

Quick look at the website suggests you are. As you have to have at least 1 Adult ticket in your party to purchase an U16 ticket, it is not exactly representative of the price of entry is it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread