Custom Field Settings (scroll down for free download)

fisch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Having been a part of this forum for a short while now, I've decided to give something back to the Planetcricket community.

I have designed custom field settings tailor-made to every situation that I could think of in International Cricket Captain, for every type of bowler, for every line (off, middle and leg), etc.

Basically, I got frustrated with the sense of helplessness that players felt due to being limited to only a handful of default settings. Little things such as giving a single to the batsman, in order to get the tailender on strike, were not guaranteed by the default field settings.

So I decided to design my own fields. 699 of them.

Naturally, there are several things that could possibly go wrong with this:

a) There are 699 different fields. 78 for the pace bowlers, and 207 each for the three types of spin bowlers. Scrolling through hundreds of custom fields perhaps isn't ideal for many of you.

b) Finally, my field settings are by no means perfect, and by all means make your own adjustments.

Instructions for use:
1. Go to C:/Users/(Your Name)/AppData/Roaming/Childish Things. Make sure that your computer is able to view hidden files or you won't see the 'AppData' folder.
2. You will see the folder of your version of Cricket Caption. Open it, then go to the 'fields' folder. Leave it open.
3. Download and extract the Custom Fields.zip file below.
4. Open the 'Custom Field Guide' word document and read it. You will note that there are custom fields for every bowler type and situation.
5. Open the 'Custom Fields' folder. Open the 'Fast' folder. Select all files and copy them.
6. Go back to the folder we opened in step 2. It also has a 'Fast' folder. Open it. Then paste all the files we copied into this folder.
7. Do the same for 'Legspin', 'Offspin' and 'SLA' folders. For the 'Medium' folder you can use the 'Fast' files.

8. Finally, while you are playing a match, click on the field diagram next to each batsman, click on 'User Defined', and then use the tiny up and down arrow on the right to scroll down to your desired custom field.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Custom Fields.zip
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,552
Last edited:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
ill check them out and give you feedback for them ill test them for ICC 3 aswell

yeah they work for icc they look good looks like you have a field every situation possible have yet to test them

Last edited:

fisch

Club Cricketer
Thanks Themer.

I understand that scrolling through hundreds of field settings is not ideal for most of you..........who like to watch highlights only and play the game at a great pace. I tend to play the game slowly to enjoy the whole experience.

Just a moment...........I almost forgot to attach the guide (Word document). Without that, you'll all be lost. Just uploaded it to my first post.

Last edited:

brian_smith

Club Cricketer
so it works for icc 3 then. and great work thanks i used them on 06 and they were great.

Mr Anderson

School Cricketer
* Interesting, is there really much change with altered fields?

lancashire666

International Coach
and 207 each for the three types of spin bowlers.

great work on this but surely you mean 4 types of spin bowlers

Off spinners - Muttiah Muralitharan
Leg spinners - Shane Warne
Left-arm orthodox - Monty Panesar
Chinaman - Brad Hogg

fisch

Club Cricketer
great work on this but surely you mean 4 types of spin bowlers

Off spinners - Muttiah Muralitharan
Leg spinners - Shane Warne
Left-arm orthodox - Monty Panesar
Chinaman - Brad Hogg

Well as far as I know, in International Cricket Captain the left-arm chinamen type is sadly non-existent. Maybe they have altered this problem in ICC III. Have they?

Mr Anderson said:
* Interesting, is there really much change with altered fields?

It gives more control than simply using default field settings. Just little things such as giving a single, saving the single, etc make a difference.

brian_smith said:
so it works for icc 3 then. and great work thanks i used them on 06 and they were great.

Thanks, means a lot coming from a fellow enhancer of the game.

fisch

Club Cricketer
Personally, I'm very pleased with the number of people who have downloaded my custom fields.

The main purpose of these custom fields is evident in one-day matches. If you struggle to captain in one-day matches, this could improve your one-day form a lot. I personally like to use them at first-class level as well.

Now I know that many of you are experts of the game and win trophy after trophy, so it is up to you whether you really think that these custom fields will improve your success.

My team Middlesex has a bowling attack which can't take 20 wickets in a match to save their lives, so I needed to try something different, hence the custom fields were born. If you have a bowling attack which struggles to win you first-class matches, you will find that you are starting to win match after match in the one-day competitions, when you use the custom fields. Even at first-class level, you may be able to achieve certain objectives that you couldn't before.

But I realise that many of you have superstar bowling line-ups who manage perfectly well with default fields, so it is really up to the individual.

Last edited:

brian_smith

Club Cricketer
how do you actually use them on icc 3, i hav put them in the custom field settings so in the game how do i use them.

fisch

Club Cricketer
So they work on ICC III, do they? The guide will show you how to use the custom fields for the strategy that you want.

The guide (Word document) is attached to the first post of this thread.

darko21

School Cricketer
Fisch, you are a master. Thankyou for making this accessible to the ICC public. I am in the World Cup 2007 (ICC 06) using Dan Cullen, Shane Watson, Andy Symonds, Brett Lee and Jason Gillespie. Dan is not fantastic but thanks to improved fielding, he is taking 2 or more wickets a match. Symonds took 7 for 23 off 7 overs in a match against Scotland. It helps to have more than one fielding setting to choose from.

brian_smith

Club Cricketer
i meant how do u actually change between them. would it help saying i was bowling with hoggard and munaf patel?

fisch

Club Cricketer
You mean how do you change between the different sets of custom fields for different types of bowlers (i.e. fast, legspin, offspin, SLA)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread