Custom Squad and Bowler Changes Issues

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey just to test some of the BLIC features i put together a couple of custom squads. 2 of them were just random squads with some of the players from around the world.

i went to play an exhibition match with Team A vs Team B, i was team B.

since i could choose both teams i set em up so they looked like a sorta realistic batting lineup.

i chose to bat first and i noticed that Team A opened with muraliduran and tendulkar. the bowling that is. there seems to be some weird preset pattern for the bowling which is very weird. i dunno if its based on the batting lineup like it was in the demo. Tendulkar was 4th on the batting lineup, muraliduran 7th i think. this team had Lee, Warne and Ahktar in the team so i dunno wats up with it.

it seems that the CPU has no real bowling change AI and is just based on some preset pattern. if this is the case perhaps we can change it? still dat is pretty crappy.

for those of you that have played all test matches. i havnt. have you noticed any smart bowling changes by the computer? like if someone is gettin smashed they get taken off etc...?

also dont u reckon it would be nice if we could make our own kit and not have just the basic blue green and (i dunno wat the 3rd teams kit colour is) even though those kits are quite nice.

I think the bowlers are preset to bowl 6 overs each then change. I may be wrong nut thats what it seems to me.

against african XI pollock and ntini bowled 7 overs each at me even though pollock was gettin smacked around.

i dun mind how many they bowl really but it should be set in some way that the best quicks open. not set to some crappy pattern where whoever bats here bowls first etc.

whiteninness said:
against african XI pollock and ntini bowled 7 overs each at me even though pollock was gettin smacked around.

i dun mind how many they bowl really but it should be set in some way that the best quicks open. not set to some crappy pattern where whoever bats here bowls first etc.

He means custom XI's....

It's a pretty horrible bug (as usual)... I had a South African custom side, and Andrew Puttick and Herschelle Gibbs opened the bowling!.. Pretty disgraceful tbh

if we were able to work out what batting positions bowled when and for how long we could sorta work our way around it

whiteninness said:
if we were able to work out what batting positions bowled when and for how long we could sorta work our way around it

It seems random... Puttick was batting at 2 and Gibbs was batting at 4.. Which is different to the guy who posted earlier...

you would think that these days the programmers would be able to make it so only bowlers and allrounders bowl as a very basic system. a more complex one would incorperate match situations etc and sometimes letting parttimers bowl.

its really just not done well dat bit. i aint played a full test yet but hopefully its better der

Users who are viewing this thread