Cyclone Ayla is coming

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yup, that's the name. And guess what? This cyclone is gonna crash land in West Bengal, or more particularly Kolkata, the city where I live within a few hours from now. The wind speed, as the Kolkata weather office predicts, will exceed 250 km/hr (Don't know why they are still calling this a cyclone and not a tornado :rolleyes:) This type of a cyclone happened just 2 yrs back, not in Kolkata though, it changed it direction and instead went away to B'desh in the very last moment. That cyclone was called Ceder. I remember starting a thread in PC regarding that. And Ceder resulted in more than 500 deaths and nearly 6000 were injured. Now, that's a scary figure! God knows what will happen this time. I hate these things :mad:

This might sound a bit silly, but what should I do now guys? I mean, will I stay indoors or go outside, or....what should I do? The wind speed is giving me the creeps.

PS, I'll try to click some pics of Ayla with my cam when it will hit Kolkata, :D, and if I succeed, I'll post them here. :D

PPS, I don't trust Kolkata's weather office, but they are saying that it is quite certain that Ayla will hit Kolkata at 4 in the afternoon.

PPPS, I'm feeling really excited, as this will be the first tornado (or cyclone..whatever) I have ever experienced in my life. Ooo boy!

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ The name of the cyclone which hit Kolkata yesterday.

And anyway, that was no fun. The cyclone did hit Kolkata, but when it did so- the wind speed was just about 70 km/hr. Was more a thunderstorm than some cyclone. Stupid weather office..:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread