Dance down the wicket - An online example

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just use Zimbabwe online and could hardly bat, however, on the rare occasions i danced down the wicket, i clobbered the ball for 4 everytime.

How can it be so effective?

Its another glitch in the game I guess...I mean its impossible in this game to have a good economy rate with spinners (even on spinning wickets). You may get the odd wicket, but in online play, anyone who can use the dance down the wicket trick will smash you for 4s and 6s for jokes

Its another glitch in the game I guess...I mean its impossible in this game to have a good economy rate with spinners (even on spinning wickets). You may get the odd wicket, but in online play, anyone who can use the dance down the wicket trick will smash you for 4s and 6s for jokes

ya happened to me... which was very unnerving...

That's why they should allow the host to set the difficulty level when setting up an online match.. If it's on Hard, timing becomes more difficult and you do get stumps quite often.. I've tried it on offline VS mode..

That's why they should allow the host to set the difficulty level when setting up an online match.. If it's on Hard, timing becomes more difficult and you do get stumps quite often.. I've tried it on offline VS mode..

Darn, I think I have been missing something here....so the ability level also impacts on the online game? Here was me foolishly thinking it wouldn't matter because its all about two players and AI doesn't come into it. Is there a special way of setting online difficulty or does it just use the default difficult that the offline game is set to? Sorry if this is a foolish question but in my defence I am foolish!:D

Darn, I think I have been missing something here....so the ability level also impacts on the online game? Here was me foolishly thinking it wouldn't matter because its all about two players and AI doesn't come into it. Is there a special way of setting online difficulty or does it just use the default difficult that the offline game is set to? Sorry if this is a foolish question but in my defence I am foolish!:D

Nope the ability doesn't go online.. What I said that there should be a way to adjust the Difficulty but it seems like Transmission has defaulted it to either Easy or Normal..
With me playing offline with pals, it was quite hard to score 100 in 20 over match.. Dancing down the pitch helps sometimes but not always as you get stumped quite easily..

for some reason dancing down the wicket work effectively while playing spinners but not to pace bowler until you bowl wide off side and I think transmissions made a default difficulty for online play, its all really depend upon the players skills and their timing.

I'm useless at dancing down the wicket, I just can't get the timing right .... I've managed to do it once online on a free hit and almost hit it clean out the ground.

It costs me too many wickets though so I never ever use it now.

It can be very effective. I need to practice but certainly people who have scored runs against me have managed boundaries by advancing.

Nope the ability doesn't go online.. What I said that there should be a way to adjust the Difficulty but it seems like Transmission has defaulted it to either Easy or Normal..
With me playing offline with pals, it was quite hard to score 100 in 20 over match.. Dancing down the pitch helps sometimes but not always as you get stumped quite easily..

Ah that clarifies a number of things for me.....namely I need to go and get good at advancing down the wicket!

Its very effective if you know how to use it propperly against spinners and medium-paced bowlers also.

Against spinners it can be difficult sometimes. I never bother with it now because the animation puts me off it.

I practised this a bit tonight in some online games (what happened to the netting sessions like we had in BLIC07?) and started getting better at it ..... I hit a couple in to the top tiers of the stands at Lords! :banana2

I never use it, have played about 50 odd online matches and have used it maybe 2 or 3 times.

Can easily defend against it too for all the noobs that try to overuse it.

Users who are viewing this thread