Daniel Vettori Hints At Ball Tampering

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Why is it that whenever someone beats him he resorts to dirty tactics after the match?
Now hes hinting at Umar Gul using ball tamnpering as he has never seen a ball reverse after 12 overs.
I just hope SL whoop NZ in the next match,

Maybe he'll come up with another excuse for his team losing

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's what I was telling my brother last night, I've never seen a white ball reverse after 12 overs. I wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan did tamper with the ball though, they needed to win pretty bad.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I've seen the red ball start to reverse after 8 overs, so there's no reason why the white ball couldn't reverse after 12. Umar Gul's an excellent exponent of reverse swing, and his action allows him to generate reverse swing without the need to ball tamper. Pretty petty accusations really, like Smith moaning about Broad's pointing antics yet Shaun Pollock used to do the exact same thing =/

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
That's what I was telling my brother last night, I've never seen a white ball reverse after 12 overs. I wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan did tamper with the ball though, they needed to win pretty bad.
just looking for excuses that is,
had he tampered wouldnt he have been caught?

you do know this is the year 2009 right?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Why is it that whenever someone beats him he resorts to dirty tactics after the match?
Now hes hinting at Umar Gul using ball tamnpering as he has never seen a ball reverse after 12 overs.
I just hope SL whoop NZ in the next match,

Maybe he'll come up with another excuse for his team losing

Umar Gul and his Reverse swinging... - PakMusic - The Pure Pakistani Forums | Pakistani Music Movies Dramas Desi Forums

"I've never, ever seen someone reverse the ball after 12 overs," said Vettori, a 13-year international veteran. "He managed to do that and that made a real difference.
(...)

"He obviously bowled really well. He got the ball to reverse, and I don't think in the history of Twenty20 cricket anyone's got the ball to reverse. That made a massive difference today, and with his pace and his accuracy as well as the ball reversing he was a difficult proposition.

"I really don't know (how). It's the first time I've ever seen it happen

Yeah that sounds like Vettori is complaining :rolleyes:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
People have got the ball to reverse in a T20 as well. Lasith Malinga and Shaun Tait are 2 I've seen get the ball to reverse at the end of a T20 innings.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So can we get the title changed.

I haven't found anything about Vettori hinting at ball tampering.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
So can we get the title changed.

I haven't found anything about Vettori hinting at ball tampering.

Well you see, after Pakistan in England I think some fans will be all too ready "guess," that people are thinking that they cheat, and tamper the ball.

In my opinion, Dan has it right, Gul's action does invite the ball to swing, whether it be orthodox or not.

Vettori is, from the quotes, saying Gul is a good bowler.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I read the article yesterday and Vettori didn't say anything about ball tempering. He was just mentioning how great Gul bowled and that's it. He actually complimented Gul and that's not a bad thing.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
So where's this accusation of ball-tempering then? Or is it just gambino being a berk as usual?

irottev

School Cricketer
I read the article yesterday and Vettori didn't say anything about ball tempering. He was just mentioning how great Gul bowled and that's it. He actually complimented Gul and that's not a bad thing.

Exactly.

gambino, you're a moron.

Oh and there was a strange quote about it by the way. Something about the ball going into the crowd and getting scuffed. It made me suspicious about whether they did tamper it.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
may be some moron should have provided the link on the 1st post, rather then writing his stupid opinions

Users who are viewing this thread