DBC 17 graphics downgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
I have tried playing the beta and pretty much watched videos of the footage on youtube. This might only be me, but so far, it seems like the Dbc 17 graphics have been downgraded a lot :/

Dbc 14 graphics are looking solid and quite good for a game that came out approximately 3 years ago. I was surprised watching the livestream by twistie of how the Gfx were looking :( I certainly am amongst the guy who has spent the most time on DBC 14 since release. (Played it on ps3, Ps4 and Pc) But i really think the grass, players, ground, texture and everything need a bit of an improvement. Although i still am excited and looking forward to play it. But i still want to share my opinion for improvements because i like the game. I do appreciate the work and hours that hv been put into it.

So, anybody feels the same as me? I hope its better when it comes out. And i hope Ross makes the game 60FPS on ps4 this time. Do tell me what u guys feel.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
If the build up to this game can be summed up in one quote it would be

"Don't be a dick"
- Ross Symons, CEO, Big Ant Studios

BRAB

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd wait until you see the full version of the game.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
wfxM0TC.png

Lol ok.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
pretty much watched videos of the footage on youtube

Since I've not played any of the demos and only watched videos, I can only assume you're seeking an appointment at the optometrist very soon.

fundj112

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't worry, just wait for Dec 22. Enjoy the game.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The third pic definitely looks great compared to the original player pic on the left..:D

Oh sorry thats DBC17's player...;)

AliKhan215

Club Captain
No one should make spurious comments (or questions intended as rhetorical) that are not based on first hand knowledge - in short, don't be a dick.

LOL I wrote a message to you on facebook some months ago, you told me to check my eyes... Then you said "Post a thread in forums, we'll look into it" Now when I did that, you're telling me not to be a dick. I have right to share my opinion if I want, specially when u told to do so. In short, Don't be a hypocrite
A-hole. Disrespectful CEO, shame on u.[DOUBLEPOST=1480602328][/DOUBLEPOST]S
Since I've not played any of the demos and only watched videos, I can only assume you're seeking an appointment at the optometrist very soon.
"I have not played any of the demos" Then STFU :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
LOL I wrote a message to you on facebook some months ago, you told me to check my eyes... Then you said "Post a thread in forums, we'll look into it" Now when I did that, you're telling me not to be a dick. I have right to share my opinion if I want, specially when u told to do so. In short, Don't be a hypocrite

Ross' point was to provide constructive, objective feedback that he and his team can use. When you make a statement such as "I think graphics are downgraded from DBC 14" it doesn't help anybody. If you really see something wrong you gotta be more specific, i.e. "In the YT video I saw the bats used by players to be not as detailed as in the academy" or "in the DBC Academy the players created didn't have the hair/eyes/ears that were as good as in DBC 14". This will allow the DBC team to refute your claim or make changes.

They might come back and say that in the first instance the bats didn't look good on a YT video as the video was compressed and it doesn't look so in the real game, or in the second instance they might say "we are working on adding more hair styles etc. and would be there in the final game". But making generic sweeping statements like "the graphics seem downgraded" are of no practical help.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Ross' point was to provide constructive, objective feedback that he and his team can use. When you make a statement such as "I think graphics are downgraded from DBC 14" it doesn't help anybody. If you really see something wrong you gotta be more specific, i.e. "In the YT video I saw the bats used by players to be not as detailed as in the academy" or "in the DBC Academy the players created didn't have the hair/eyes/ears that were as good as in DBC 14". This will allow the DBC team to refute your claim or make changes.

They might come back and say that in the first instance the bats didn't look good on a YT video as the video was compressed and it doesn't look so in the real game, or in the second instance they might say "we are working on adding more hair styles etc. and would be there in the final game". But making generic sweeping statements like "the graphics seem downgraded" are of no practical help.
There is no better way of explaining the downgrade of graphics better than what I did. What are you trying to tell me? "During the game, when the batsman hit the ball i saw the graphics getting low" Well doesn't make sense does it? It's a simple fact, i think they hv been downgraded overall from all my experience.

I also don't think a CEO should behave in the way he is doing now. I wrote in a kind way, no need to be crying or anything. Didn't say game will look bad when it comes out too -_-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread