DBC17 Blobset Tools

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
This will allow you to mod all textures in the game + databases and fmod bank files.

HOW TO USE:

Copy over your modded textures over to the DBC17Mods folder in their corresponding folders, going off the WhiteList.txt.

TXPK files, place them in the (DBC17Mods\txpk) folder.
M3MP files, place them in the (DBC17Mods\m3mp) folder.
BANK files, place them in the (DBC17Mods\sound) folder.
MSH files, place them in the (DBC17Mods\mesh) folder.
SHD files, place them in the (DBC17Mods\shader) folder.
daeSF files, place them in the (DBC17Mods\shader) folder.
MOB files, place them in the (DBC17Mods\mob) folder.

Example:
A uniform would go in this location - (DBC17Mods\characters\tops\textures\uniform_custom_tops_back_01_col_1.dds)

For compressing a created blobset, select Options - Blobset Compression and tick the box.

To extract a Blobset file select Extract Blobset and pick a blobset file, example - (data-0.blobset.pc) and it will extract it to the programs root directory - (DBC17 Blobset Creator\data-0.blobset.pc).

To create a (data-3.blobset.pc) file with all the modded files, select Create Blobset and it will save it to the DBC17 game directory going off the DBC17 Location.txt. So if your steam location is different to the default, change it in that txt file.

DBC17 Blobset Tools.zip

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

This will allow you to mod all textures in the game + scripts and databases.

HOW TO USE:

Copy over your modded textures over to the DBC17Mods folder in their corresponding folders, going off the WhiteList.txt.

Example:
A uniform would go in this location - (DBC17Mods\characters\tops\textures\uniform_custom_tops_back_01_col_1.dds)

For compressing a created blobset, select Options - Blobset Compression and tick the box.

To create a (database_update-0.blobset.pc) file with all the modded files select Create Blobset and save it to the DBC17 game directory - (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don Bradman Cricket 17).

To extract a Blobset file select Extract Blobset and pick a blobset file, example - (data-0.blobset.pc) and it will extract it to the programs root directory - (DBC17 Blobset Creator\data-0.blobset.pc).

DBC17 Blobset Creator.zip

A great addition for pc modding. Have you manage to do any mods?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
A great addition for pc modding. Have you manage to any mods?

I don't have the game, so I haven't made any mods. But I will be making some modding tools for it, since it's similar to Rugby League Live 3.

B

Bigby Wolf

I don't have the game, so I haven't made any mods. But I will be making some modding tools for it, since it's similar to Rugby League Live 3.
yeah that will be a great help! Is the file format similar to dbc 14 for ex - the adboards file were saved in dxt3 dds format and kits as dxt5 format?

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
yeah that will be a great help! Is the file format similar to dbc 14 for ex - the adboards file were saved in dxt3 dds format and kits as dxt5 format?
By the look of the demo, all dds textures should be in the same format to DBC14.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well it was only a matter of time. Today is a good day! :)

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Any plans for a fixture editor like you made in RLL3? It round help Tremendously creating competitions

inertSpark

Associate Captain
This will allow you to mod all textures in the game + scripts and databases.

HOW TO USE:

Example:

To create a (database_update-0.blobset.pc) file with all the modded files select Create Blobset and save it to the DBC17 game directory - (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don Bradman Cricket 17).

DBC17 Blobset Creator.zip

Firstly. Thank you for this. This is amazing!

Secondly. A question. Is it possible to add extra textures to the blobset or are we limited like the early days of DBC 14 modding where we could only replace files?

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
RLL3 was only replacement iirc

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Firstly. Thank you for this. This is amazing!

Secondly. A question. Is it possible to add extra textures to the blobset or are we limited like the early days of DBC 14 modding where we could only replace files?
No probs.

The only thing that can't be done is add new files that aren't already in the game's blobset, because of the hashpaths.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I've made update to the blobset creator -

* Fixed threading issues when creating a blobset with alot of files.
* Forgot to add the compression code, oops.

Just download from the top link or check for updates.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I've made update to the blobset creator -

* Fixed threading issues when creating a blobset with alot of files.
* Forgot to add the compression code, oops.

Just download from the top link or check for updates.

Good job I backed up my blobsets because after recompiling the blobset with the tool, the game just crashes before the splash screen. Do you think this has anything to do with the tool having been made using the Acadamy demo for testing?

EDIT

Yes. It doesn't look like the game likes the newly written blobset. Verified with Steam to test it and it saying 1 file failed to verify. Now downloading 2.7GB. Time to copy the original blobset file back.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good job I backed up my blobsets because after recompiling the blobset with the tool, the game just crashes before the splash screen. Do you think this has anything to do with the tool having been made using the Acadamy demo for testing?

EDIT

Yes. It doesn't look like the game likes the newly written blobset. Verified with Steam to test it and it saying 1 file failed to verify. Now downloading 2.7GB. Time to copy the original blobset file back.

you dont need to replace the blobset, just save "database_update.blobset" in the game folder, without removing the original blobset. It will use the modded files in the database_update instead of those in the original file.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
you dont need to replace the blobset, just save "database_update.blobset" in the game folder, without removing the original blobset. It will use the modded files in the database_update instead of those in the original file.

Sorry I probably didn't articulate that clearly.

To clarify, I did not replace the entire blobset. All I did was run the tool. But the changes made when creating database_update-0.blobset.pc as instructed in the first post, caused the game to crash on startup.

Users who are viewing this thread