USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi all,

Relatively new to the board here, but I've been playing DBC14 for some time now and I can't wait for the release of DBC17. As a PS4 user I haven't really been able to play any of the DBCA demos but I've enjoyed watching the videos that folks have been posting to YouTube.

I'm wondering if the devs might be able to post something that summarizes what Career Mode will look like in the new rollout. I'm reading through different threads and seeing some references here and there to different features, like beginning at club level, dynamic lineups, retirements and new players, etc., but I'm not sure what if any of those have been confirmed and frankly, some of those threads are hundreds of pages long and seem to contradict each other in some places.

Will we have international tournaments? Rankings? How many nations will have their domestic systems represented? Will we be able to change the names of league competitions and tournaments within the Career Mode universe to match up with real life (i.e. VIVO IPL 2016 instead of "Indian T20 League")?

Hoping to hear about whatever has been confirmed, and apologies because I am quite sure some of this exists elsewhere in these forums.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Yeah it would be nice to have a confirmed list of features for career mode since that mode will keep the game interesting for off liners like me.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This is the confirmed bit:
DBC 17’s enriched career mode will now see us begin our cricket careers at the local level, playing for teams in our chosen region before earning selection for domestic and international duty. Teams will also be dynamic throughout our career saves rather than locked to a single line-up for the duration; other players will shift about as they retire, suffer injuries, slump in form, or get selected for bigger things.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/08/19/brand-new-features-revealed-for-don-bradman-cricket-17

But that's not a complete list of career features.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
So Matt will our career player be susceptible to injuries? Some minor and some major especially in case of fast bowlers. I think it will add much to a fast bowling career as you will be forced to think before trying to bowl quick every delivery.

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies

Undertaker1982

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When playing for country will you be able to play in the world cup as this was not in DB14

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It would be great if you could get dropped for poor form as well as promoted for good form.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
It would be great if you could get dropped for poor form as well as promoted for good form.

I believe this has been already mentioned. Actually in DBC14 you needed to perform to get promoted to various teams but I'm not sure if you ever got dropped? Your teammates certainly never moved around.

The_Pharoah

International Coach

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Me too, career mode is the best feature of the game for me. After re-reading the ign article ive started to wonder how exactly it will work? I am assuming that since we will now start our career mode in grade cricket, will it actually be easier to begin with to score runs or take wickets, for batting either because A) bowlers will bowl alot slower in grade cricket, or B) bowl balls in scoring areas more frequently. There for helping users understand the very basic scoring or wicket taking deliveries early on in there career, in the hope of preparing them for harder opposition as you progress throught to international level. I think thats where dbc 14 went wrong; basically we were just shoved into first class cricket immediately with next to no skills, and it was a grind early on before getting considerably easier after a season or two. Maybe im not even close to the mark, but it would seem starting dbc 17 in grade cricket is going to be far more 'accessible' than it was in dbc 14's baptism of fire beginnings, which led me to be completely confuddled early on!

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Although the World Premier is just 8 days away (from my time zone) and we will definitely know more about it, I feel that the career mode here would be just fantastic. Starting at grade level scoring those big runs creating partnerships that are recording breaking just like how grade cricket is. Kanga league is one of them. I am hoping we get to choose which state/club we want to represent if given chance.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Or you can always add it up through academy , instead hope that its not only English & Australia domestic tournaments like last time and we replace the teams

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
There's every major test nations domestic teams in the academy. So they'll be in the game this time which is excellent.

That's remarkable. I wonder if that means you'll be able to play as a domestic player in career mode in, say, the West Indies or Sri Lanka. I'm dreaming of being able to play for A teams and U19 sides.....

Users who are viewing this thread