Dean Jones sacked after 'terrorist' remark

Yes we do realise it's old. If people want to discuss it they may, it's a bit relevant with recent racism allegations against Australian fans, and the discussion whether racism is overused. That discussion probably triggered this bump.

Yes we do realise it's old. If people want to discuss it they may, it's a bit relevant with recent racism allegations against Australian fans, and the discussion whether racism is overused. That discussion probably triggered this bump.

What has racism got to do with terrorism now?..

Jones' comment was remarking that Amla looks like the 'stereotypical' terrorist disrespectful as it may be, it isn't racism..

Why is everything on these forums racist?

It doesn't matter if it is a year old, the circumstances have become relevant again within the last few weeks.

Well, I think Deano is the best commentator ever. He makes funny remarks all the time, some of which may seem offensive to sensitive people, but I think he's great. He was great at the ICL as well -- one reason why I watched the ICL.

Well I've marked him stupid, becuase a muslim guy with a beard isn't a terrorist. A guy who "terrorizes" is a terrorist.

Offence to me, my religion.

Well I've marked him stupid, becuase a muslim guy with a beard isn't a terrorist. A guy who "terrorizes" is a terrorist.

Offence to me, my religion.

Too true, I never rated him as a great commentator anyway, even if he was, it doesn't componsate for comments like this

Too true, I never rated him as a great commentator anyway, even if he was, it doesn't componsate for comments like this
You're kidding right? Deano usually makes pretty accurate and interesting comments. He has been one of the better commentators in world cricket apart from this ridiculous event.

He obviously made a huge blunder and was incorrectly assuming a connection between large beards and terrorism. Furthermore, HASHIM AMLA ACCEPTED HIS APOLOGY SO IF YOU STILL WANT TO CRITICIZE THE EVENT, DIRECT ALL YOUR ANGER TOWARDS AMLA, because Amla was apparently stupid enough to accept the apology, in YOUR eyes. Even though this comment was not acceptable especially given the large audience, I understand how this comment would have been passable as an internal joke. Unfortunately that is not the case, and hence Jones was punished accordingly.

However, bagging his commentary based on this comment is a completely silly line of attack to take.

Lol ^ man you make me laugh, lol it's times when I look at this thread. Anyways. If Amla had no problems why should I. lets talk about global warming..

Peace out.

Lol ^ man you make me laugh, lol it's times when I look at this thread. Anyways. If Amla had no problems why should I. lets talk about global warming..

Peace out.
......Seriously. You just seem to misunderstand the argument here. If you don't find it's obvious that Deano was making a joke given his closeness with subcontinent teams (and hence religions that are prevalent in the subcontinent), then you are really trying to create a fire out of a damp log.

Oh, and might I mention that the quality of your posts have deteriorated considerably, Usy. You seem to think that people are victimizing Pakistan and Islam in each of your posts, which doesn't really help your theories being interpreted seriously.

man i dunno, really, what your talking about?

anyways, I never say anyone is "victimizing" Islam or Pakistan in "every" thread, if thats what you mean.

man i dunno, really, what your talking about?

anyways, I never say anyone is "victimizing" Islam or Pakistan in "every" thread, if thats what you mean.
The second point is definitely not related to the first. To understand the first, all you need to do is read the entirety of this thread. To understand the second point, all you have to do is read the responses to your posts in the threads you have posted in recently.

Well of course it is good that he has apologised, but what I'm saying is that it doesn't make the comment right

Anyway, issues like this always cause arguement and bad vibes...lets just chill out and celebrate the New Year

yes man. I hope this year we have some kinda peace in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread