IPL Delhi Daredevils - Unfortunately we choked just like 2008 and 2009 :(

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
delhi-dare-devils-logo.png

Discussion thread for Delhi Daredevils' 2012 IPL campaign.

Players:

Virender Sehwag (c)
Mahela Jayawardene (vc)
Ross Taylor
David Warner
Irfan Pathan
Roelof van der Merwe
Kevin Pietersen
Morne Morkel
Venugopal Rao
Naman Ojha
Ajit Agarkar
Aaron Finch
Andre Russell
Yogesh Nagar
Doug Bracewell
Umesh Yadav
Shahbaz Nadeem
Aavishkar Salvi
Punit Bisht
Varun Aaron
Robin Bist
Sunny Gupta
Unmukt Chand
Prashant Naik
Vikas Mishra
Zafir Patel
Kuldeep Raval
Manprit Juneja
Tejaswi Yadav
Pawan Negi
Glen Maxwell
Gulam Bodi

Coaches:

Eric Simons - Head Coach
Trent Woodhill - Batting and Fielding Coach
Aashish Kapoor - Team Manager
T. A. Sekar - Team Mentor

Support Staff

Robert Walter - Strength & Conditioning Trainer
Kirk Russell - Physiotherapist
James Harrington - Yoga Trainer

Official Website: Delhi Daredevils
Twitter Handle: @DelhiDaredevils

Fixtures

uCfXv.png

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Looks a solid T20 side with all those gun batters. I hope they perform to their potential, will be a treat to watch. I'd love to see Mahela open for them. But, with Warner and Sehwag there, that is unlikely. :(

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Warner won't be available for about half of the tournament, so you can expect either Mahela (will be a part of the team probably after 11th April) or Naman Ojha to open with Sehwag.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Warner won't be available for about half of the tournament, so you can expect either Mahela (will be a part of the team probably after 11th April) or Naman Ojha to open with Sehwag.

Ross Taylor should open with Shewag.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I would personally like to see Taylor at 4 or 5. He is the kind of batsman you want to see coming in around the 12th or the 13th over so that he can take an over or two to settle down and then start hitting his mighty slog sweeps!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ojha has been a good opener too for RR. He was wasted by DD last time round when he came in late. He's a good choice till Jaya comes in.

I would personally like to see Taylor at 4 or 5. He is the kind of batsman you want to see coming in around the 12th or the 13th over so that he can take an over or two to settle down and then start hitting his mighty slog sweeps!

Absolutely. He is at his best against the spinners. Ideally, I'd have him at 4.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Then it might be from whatever matches I saw of DD. Venugopal Rao and Naman Ojha will come in handy for DD when the explosive batters fail. Both are very capable.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Ross Taylor has fractured his hand while playing a test against South Africa. Ironically, he got injured on a short delivery bowled by fellow DD player Morne Morkel. Ross is thus too miss out IPL.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I know. Daredevils haven't given any official word yet but I feel that Ross will probably miss the entire tournament.

----------

I'm sorry, they have given an official statement.

"We have got a full update on Ross Taylor's injury. His surgery has gone well and he is expected to be fit for training after four weeks. We are not exactly seeking any replacement for Taylor as of now. May be he will be available during the final stages of the tournament but we are prepared to wait," a senior Daredevils official informed after today's
practice session.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
That's alright. Delhi have enough fire power to do just well without Taylor. But yes, he's such a fantastic T20 player!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
With Taylor out for at least the early stages, Mahela, Warner, KP and Taylor will be missing from the first 2-3 matches. Mahela will be the first guy out of the 4 to join the team.

madhawatk

School Cricketer
Sehwag has said that he will open in this season. And he also said that someone like Mahela will be given the opportunity to bat through the innings at the other end.

Sehwag + Jayawardene. Wow, that would be an awesome opening combination to watch out for. Power and class, that's the way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread