Your Cricket Describe your Style

shubhrayu

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Describe your style of your game.Whether it's batting or bowling.

My Style:

I mainly play Aggressive shots like the Flick,The Pull and the square cut.I play shots like cover drive and all when I am fully set.I love taking quick singles.I just push the ball in the 30 Yards Cricle and steal a single and when it comes to the slog overs I play all clever shots like the Late cut and Reverse Sweep.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
My bowling style:

Keep it simple for the first over, Get to the know the pitch and the batsmen. Flight the ball as much as I can in the first over as well I want to see how much turn is out there. For the next few overs I tend to slip in my googlies and arm balls, often trapping the batsmen on the back foot. As a Legspinner I have been called up to bowl at the death frequently. My aim here is full, flat and on the stumps, although I do bowl the odd full toss or long hop seeing as I put so much effort in having a quicker shoulder action here :p

My batting style:

No comment

My fielding style:

Man I am the beast at fielding -- Not. I field at fine leg or third man all the time, and if If I'm lucky I get to field at Mid-On/Off :)

shubhrayu

International Coach
LOL Leggie when I was a captain of the Under 16 team I remember I had a few bad fielders and I tried to hide them in the positions like 3rd Man,FIne Leg,Gully etc.

According to my STyle of Fielding
when I am not Keeping.I usually Field at Point,Square Leg,Long Off or Long On

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
LOL Leggie when I was a captain of the Under 16 team I remember I had a few bad fielders and I tried to hide them in the positions like 3rd Man,FIne Leg,Gully etc.

According to my STyle of Fielding
when I am not Keeping.I usually Field at Point,Square Leg,Long Off or Long On

You try hide fielders in gully :eek:

I'm a fairly defensive batsmen just nudge the ball for quick singles and let the big hitters keep the strike. I just hold up one end basically. Medium pace bowler who can swing it and seam it away from the batsmen nicely. I usually try bowl yorkers though just to keep it tight. Last season I got a lot of batsmen bowled and caught keeper/slip.

I field in slip usually but I like to field anywhere that I can get involved.

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
Batting
I'm an opener or a late order batsman.
I can hit the ball quite far but i usually get caught at either long off or deep midwicket.

Bowling
Used to be a quickie with Tait's action but reverted to a leggie when i learned how to bowl the top spinner and the wrong'un can get turn and bounce.

Fielding
In my club we got rubbish fielders and i'm like the best there so i keep when the keeper is injured but usually i field at point and backward point (when the captain is bothered to put one in :rolleyes:)

Panda

School Cricketer
BATTING:
I tend to be a very patient batter. I push the ones and two's around whilst letting the big hitters do their stuff. My best shots are the flick (for some reason I have awesome timing on this shot) and I am strong driving through mid off and mid on. In one dayers, I bat 4-8, whilst in two dayers because I am patient I bat at 4 and others build their innings around me. I would usually only be on 5 or so after the first 20 balls or so, but end up with a fair few 20s, 30s and 40s with a strike-rate of 50-70.

Overall, I would say I am a patient batter.

BOWLING

I am really annoyed at the moment as my bowling is all over the place. I am a bowling all-rounder, and bowling is the strongest part of my game so I am really unhappy.

I get a bit of outswing, but I am much more of a seam bowler and can get them to cut both ways. I have a very good slower ball which I should use more often than I do. I tend to go for about 4.5 - 5 an over but get wickets. Unfortunatley so far this summer I have been all over the place.

Overall, I am a medium pace around 110-120 and I cut the ball both ways

FIELDING
so I am in Gully, point, cover, mid wicket etc the most as I am very quick off the mark and stop alot of fours going through. This doesnt always help with my bowling though as I get tired with all the running in the covers.

Overall, I am 19 and still developing as a cricketer. Id think of myself as a bowling allrounder who bowls medium pace cutting it both ways, while being a patient batter whilst my partners hit the boundaries.

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
Batting

I'm quite tall and play with a small bat, while the bowler runs in I'm quite hunched, and I used to play like that, but recently I've been bending my knees before the bowler bowls so i can get onto either back foot or front foot easily.

Bowling

Being tall I use it to my advantage and takes long strides with a big run-up, I try to hit the deck as hard as possible and try to get inswing, I bowl across the right hander and am left handed, so if I can achieve that swing, coupled with the bounce I can be difficult enough to face

Fielding
I used to play in goal in soccer and play basketball so I'm a handy fielder, better at keeper when I can dive, but i like slpis, wherever the skipper wants me is good with me. I don't have that strong a throw but have good enough accuracy

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Batting
T20 go for it. proper stuff just try and stay in early on until i feel comfortable and then just try and bat until I have to tee off :D

Bowling
Just bowl as quickly as I can. Really picked up a lot of pace in the last year since I started properly working out, actually had to trim down a bit to get more muscle after I was told too. Get a few catches behind or the occasional catch at slip (most are dropped by this fat bloke). Get a lot of away swing because I don't hold the ball properly so the seams always angled like that if I'm bowling fast. Tend to go fo the short stuff instead of pitching it up anyway.

Jit

International Cricketer
Batting:
Well as far as batting go I am not a guy who goes after the bowling. Solid batsman only put the loose balls to the bounday or if my teams need to me up the run rate a bit but I usally dont hit 6.

bladescape

Club Cricketer
Batting:
I prefer to just stay in and play my shots only when given a loose ball.
This resulting in one match I played,I stayed in for 11 overs and ended up with 2 no!
Bowling:
A bit of leg spin,off spin and medium pace,plus a bit of left arm orthadox.
Fielding:
I'm a useful slipper

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Batting

I am usually a low order batsman and I am generally used if the top order collapses, but once in a while i can get a good knock, 84 is my best.

Bowling

I bowl really well, Right arm fast-medium, I can't get the ball to reverse swing unfortunately but I can bowl some other terrific deliveries. I once took 6 wickets in a match.

Niv

Club Cricketer
Batting: no runs as of yet for the season...

Bowling: Completely instinctive, I never have a plan I just try to land it full and on the stumps. Because of my height I get sharp bounce, which tends to confuse the batsmen as I bowl so slowly :p

Fielding: Field at Mid on and occasionaly mid off. Rarely let much past, but I need to work on getting down to the ball more. Crap at catching.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread