Detailed explanation of bowling

cricketer_uzi

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been testing with different situations of bowling and have come to a conclusion
There are a couple of things that affect the swing of the ball
- type of ball
- pitch
- LHB or RHB
- lefty bowler or righty bowler

So here we go
Bear with me because this is going to seem VERY confusing

Note: Everything is based on a "Regular" Ball and Fast bowler

When bowling with a right handed bowler to a right handed batsman, the ball will seam to the right when the white cursor is moved to the left of the seam and to the left when the white cursor is moved to the right of the seam
(the seam is the white strip on the ball at the bottom left)
But if the cursor is to the right and on the ball(not the seam) the ball will seam right and if the cursor is moved to the left the ball will seam left.

The direction of the ball seaming after the bounce is reversed if the batsman is a lefty.
The direction of the ball seaming after the bounce is reversed again if the bowler is lefty.

I need people to test this theory out while i work on the other types of bowlers (medium, medium fast, off spin, leg spin)
Also note the difficulty was on medium and the pitch was green
If the pitch is different the ball will not seam as significantly so testing on a green pitch is easiest.

the attached file is a picture

Attachments

• cricket bowlin.jpg
    cricket bowlin.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 179
I don't agree with your findings for the exact position of the marker on the ball. I find I get it to seam right by putting it left and left by putting it right with the occasional one that goes the other way.

If u hav a left handed bowler then that is true
or if u have a right handed bowler but a left handed batsman its also true
test it out
play a match against a team with lefty and righty openers
and make ur starting bowlers lefty and righty

I have been getting huge seam to LH bats using my method so your theory woulf definitely explain that.
I usually have my seam marker in the top left or right pointing towards the slips.

I tried it. It's really hard to tell which way it's seaming a lot of the time when they're edging it for fun. This collage shows extreme seam though. RH to RH the dot was fully to the left of the ball...

Attachments

• seam.jpg
    seam.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 160
Awesome! I have to try that! what type off ball did you give him?

It just goes whichever direction u have it. if it is on the right hand sid eof the seam, it will seam right. But, it does occasionally go the other way and it goes the other way mor eon green pitches, that is why u would come ot that conclusion.

I think it goes the other way sometimes because if you watch the ball when it is being bowled, if you put the cursor on the seam, aometimes the ball is bowled with a scrambled seam even when you bowl a normal delivery. This makes it cut the other way.

Well that is what i have found.

Guys, what do I have to do to bowl at 85+mph an hour? When I use people like brett lee, mcgrath or even irfan pathan, the mx I ever get is 72 MPH while the CPU with the above 3 bowlers gets 90 MPH..I press 1, and keeping 1 pressed, I press S for delivery

Originally posted by Bergkamp_Rawks
Guys, what do I have to do to bowl at 85+mph an hour? When I use people like brett lee, mcgrath or even irfan pathan, the mx I ever get is 72 MPH while the CPU with the above 3 bowlers gets 90 MPH..I press 1, and keeping 1 pressed, I press S for delivery
In the game the CPU can bowl quicker than the human player. It is probably to make the game harder. (lol, harder, they did a pretty bad job, lol.)

i have been getting edges by keeping the marker on the seam but slightly to the left or right. keeping the marker on the seam has worked for me compared to moving the marker to the extreme side of the bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread