Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Who is the better ODI player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Go on, vote for the better player in ODIs and ODIs only.

Dhoni has become an ODI legend with another rescue act today, his umpteenth since he took up captaincy. He rarely looks out of touch in ODIs, and his innings today was a mixture of aggression and deft placements. :hpraise

Pietersen imho, is a big innings player. When he gets going, he ensures he makes it count. Unfortunately he tends to be bipolar these days far too much for England's liking.

Precamb, is a wannabe Troll-Joker-Legend who has shown quite some talent in his local XI, enough to merit him the status of a non-bowling XIth option.

Dhoni for mine.

All the stats are in Pietersen's favour. His overall average is higher, his average against proper teams is better, his average with not outs taken off is higher, he's scored more hundreds in less games, Pietersen's record is better after 50 games a piece. The only thing Dhoni has on Pietersen is strike rate. Pietersen is far better.

Nice to see the appearance of a 'comedy' poll option as well, you really are a genius aren't you. Your posts are like a written version of what An Audience With Chris Moyles would be like. When are you going to be performing your famous comedy characters and parody songs?

All the stats are in Pietersen's favour. His overall average is higher, his average against proper teams is better, his average with not outs taken off is higher, he's scored more hundreds in less games, Pietersen's record is better after 50 games a piece. The only thing Dhoni has on Pietersen is strike rate. Pietersen is far better.

Nice to see the appearance of a 'comedy' poll option as well, you really are a genius aren't you. Your posts are like a written version of what An Audience With Chris Moyles would be like. When are you going to be performing your famous comedy characters and parody songs?

You are missing one big vital point. KP comes at no 3, Dhoni at no 7. Dhoni's stats are amazing considering he's a no 7 batsman. How often do you see a player who normally bats at no 7 top the ICC ranking charts? He's the sec best ODI batsman right now.

Make it personal and the thread will be closed.

With regards to the comparison, I think it's a little unfair. For example, Dhoni is better than KP in wicket-keeping and captaincy. I don't think they're good players to compare at all. Dhoni has been coming down in the lower-middle order apart from that little Chappell experiment, so he's not got as many chances to get a 100.

I'd still go with KP, but I think when it comes to finishing games, Dhoni is better. That's just because I haven't seen KP do it, since coming in the top order doesn't afford him that opportunity.

I like Chris Moyles :mad

I am mirroring Sohum here. Dhoni proved in that last ODI vs Sri Lanka that he is a finisher and won India the game. However, KP can have such a massive effect on the game that he can swing it for us if we are 10/2 or something silly like that. Both are great players though, but I think KP is just the better batsman

Dhoni's average heavily boosted by a high number of not outs? I could be very wrong, but it's just a stab in the dark comment considering it makes sense with him coming in at 7.

Tom loses the little respect I had for him. Seriously, don't get me started on Moyles and his idiotic little 'comedy' partners, the one that annoys me almost as much as the fat annoying twat of a man that is Moyles is 'comedy' Dave, and I use the term 'Comedy' loosely. His brand of comedy includes funny noises, helping Moyles with his comedy characters and then providing vocals for their classic Parody songs. Eughh, I'd rather watch a Dennis Norden's Laughter File omnibus. Hate the man.

/Rant. :p

KP bats at 4 as well King Cricket ;)

Is it a coinkydink that you don't like Moyles and Gervais doesn't like Moyles :p

Anyway, no comparison. Kp's far better.

It is a coincidence. I hated Moyles long before I heard the XFM show with Gervais slagging off his comedy characters. Just happens to be that Gervais shares the same views.

Dhoni. Amazing captaincy, fantastic wicket keeping, and number 1ODI batsman in the world, that too batting at 7. I'd rather have him in my team.

Dhoni. Amazing captaincy, fantastic wicket keeping, and number 1ODI batsman in the world, that too batting at 7. I'd rather have him in my team.

Same here. He gets the job done without fuss, and has been doing for a while.

Pietersen. But Dhoni keeps wicket. And the poll says better player.

Not a good comparison if you ask me.

Never thought I'd see you swallowing your pride and saying that :p.

He's been a fine player and i've been proven wrong, that's all. His captaincy is brilliant. Whether It comes to topping Karthik's...I don't know ;).

I still don't think his batting will do well in Test Cricket, but his captaincy is enough to retain him in the team.

I eventually think that he'll get tired of doing everything all the time, and KKD will get the role once more. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread