Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Who is the better ODI player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
manee said:
It is not a perfect statistical analysis. How many subcontinent batsman are there compared to non subcontinent batsmen? What are the percentages? A perfect statistical analysis puts figures in contexts, not wildly sprays them.
No, but many batsman of the modern era average over 50, moreso then any other era and I believe that if subcontient pitches weren't so ridiculously flat, slow and infavour of subcontient batsman then the average of 50 in the modern era would be a more significant acchievement.

They aren't flat. They are brilliant for spin. Just because you Aussies can't produce a have assed spinner to utilize the conditions, the pitches become flat.

BUT, almost every single match i've seen recently of Australia have scores consistantly above 300, more often than not 400 and 500, but no these conditions are fantastic for the bowlers.

Who would've thought?

No, but many batsman of the modern era average over 50, moreso then any other era and I believe that if subcontient pitches weren't so ridiculously flat, slow and infavour of subcontient batsman then the average of 50 in the modern era would be a more significant acchievement.

Pitches all over the world have got flatter though. It is a global trend. The WACA for example is nowhere near the fast bowlers paradise it once was.

You're an utter tit, I wasn't going to reply but here are the stats:

Cricinfo Statsguru - KP Pietersen - One-Day Internationals - Batting analysis

That's batting at 5, so imagine the carnage he'd create at 7. It's not like he only had 4-5 games there either, 12 innings is more than enough to see an average go down, but he has 3 hundreds, and an unbeaten 70. Plus he's a far better batsman now than he was then, he'd run riot if he was still batting down the order. KP is king.
DO you even understand the posts? I never said he wouldn't be good at no.7 batting. I said He bats at no.3 and Dhoni bats at no.7 and still Dhoni is far way better than KP and ICC rankings shows it. If you can prove ICC rankings wrong than you win but until then, you are the loser just like KP. KP SUCKS!!!
Kevin Pietersen is the best batsman in the world who is currently playing International cricket and his better then any Indian batsman that has ever played cricket.

I've got a neutral point of view, so my opinion matters the most.

/ End of thread.
I have nothing to say on that post but laugh and say one thing. YOU JUST HATE INDIAN TEAM BECAUSE WE OWNED YOUR NATIONAL TEAM!!! You are just taking frustrations of cheater, weak, and humiliated Australian team out on Indian team. Indian team is way better than any team right now accept SA because they are equal. Kp is better than the whole indian team? Let me tell you, he said at the press conference that Yuvraj is a useless bowler. Stupid KP got out to Yuvraj not once but 3 times. Useless batter?

Also, having votes close to Dhoni in this thread's poll is not world's opinion.
I am hearing all this that KP is better while no one proved my evidence wrong nor provided any stronger evidence thatn mine. This is how it goes, i accept my defeat if anyone proves ICC rankings wrong. Dhoni=no.1 and KP=no.7 How are we comparing these two? G.Smith is no.6! You need to prove that KP is better than G.Smith first than comparing it to Dhoni so quickly. Start a new thread and compare this useless batter KP, to all other who tops him in the ODI ranking and then when he wins in those posts then compare it to the best, DHoni. Until then, you KP supporters are the losers.

Yes, MS Dhoni. KP is useless. Make you happy now? :rolleyes: I am with Zorax on this issue, bigger trouble maker than Ben, without the brains

Stronger evidence than yours? Your 'evidence' is the ICC Rankings, that's not evidence enough. You need to take many factors into consideration alongside the ICC rankings. I've made many posts in this thread that have backed up my point, and in terms of batting talent and achievements Kevin Pietersen is the better batsman. Dhoni may offer more to the team with his keeping and captaincy, but as batsmen, Kevin Pietersen is better.

Me said:
All the stats are in Pietersen's favour. His overall average is higher, his average against proper teams is better, his average with not outs taken off is higher, he's scored more hundreds in less games, Pietersen's record is better after 50 games a piece. The only thing Dhoni has on Pietersen is strike rate. Pietersen is far better

There's some evidence for you. Looking forward to reading a typically idiotic reply. OMG TEH ICC RNAKINGS MAKE DHONI #1 KP FANS IZ TEH LOSERS!!!!ONE!!!

No, I want you banned cause you are a moron.

I voted Dhoni BTW.
I am a moron? who's posting posts like a stupid idiot and making no sense? let me guess, you!

Simple question, have you read this thread from start to ending? Or are you just winging it?

Second question, do you have any other stats, or are you going simply by the ICC Rankings?

Stronger evidence than yours? Your 'evidence' is the ICC Rankings, that's not evidence enough. You need to take many factors into consideration alongside the ICC rankings. I've made many posts in this thread that have backed up my point, and in terms of batting talent and achievements Kevin Pietersen is the better batsman. Dhoni may offer more to the team with his keeping and captaincy, but as batsmen, Kevin Pietersen is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
All the stats are in Pietersen's favour. His overall average is higher, his average against proper teams is better, his average with not outs taken off is higher, he's scored more hundreds in less games, Pietersen's record is better after 50 games a piece. The only thing Dhoni has on Pietersen is strike rate. Pietersen is far better

There's some evidence for you. Looking forward to reading a typically idiotic reply. OMG TEH ICC RNAKINGS MAKE DHONI #1 KP FANS IZ TEH LOSERS!!!!ONE!!!
you are right, my evidence is ICC rankings and it is way better than any of yours because its of ICC and not people's. I bet ICC ranking is way better than any of your evidence.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!! Bloody pathetic, all the bitching that is happening. Grow up and don't react to it
Don't be angry if you can't prove KP better. My evidence is just too strong. Let me tell you, instead of posting these useless comments, try to prove my evidence wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread