Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Who is the better ODI player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, if we are comparing batting ability alone, then KP wins hands down. Dhonis average is only boosted because of the amount of not outs. If KP also batted at number 7 against tired bowlers and part timers, then it would be very clear who is better.

Yeh, if we are comparing batting ability alone, then KP wins hands down. Dhonis average is only boosted because of the amount of not outs. If KP also batted at number 7 against tired bowlers and part timers, then it would be very clear who is better.
:rolleyes: So Bevan had his gargantuan average against such bowlers? Get some perspective dude. Dhoni has saved India's asses many times more than what KP has done. Singlehandedly.

Precambrian added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

All the stats are in Pietersen's favour. His overall average is higher, his average against proper teams is better, his average with not outs taken off is higher, he's scored more hundreds in less games, Pietersen's record is better after 50 games a piece. The only thing Dhoni has on Pietersen is strike rate. Pietersen is far better.

Nice to see the appearance of a 'comedy' poll option as well, you really are a genius aren't you. Your posts are like a written version of what An Audience With Chris Moyles would be like. When are you going to be performing your famous comedy characters and parody songs?
Can we leave out the personal attacks for some time? Atleast in this thread? Otherwise I'll have to ask for the guillotine.

And Dhoni is so better than KP it is no joke.

So it's Dhoni's fault for not getting out?

So it's Dhoni's fault for not getting out?

Huh? No, if they want to compare averages they have to be realistic. Someone coming in at number 3/4 will most likely be out by the end of the innings compared to a number 7 who can stroll in late in the innings to have a slog.

Because your Indian it seems so. There has only been one 'neutral' person in this thread who has said Dhoni.
No. KP had a superb opening year in International cricket, but his performance in ODIs has dropped ever since. He still averaged above 40, but as compared to Dhoni, has been found wanting when England needed him.

Dhoni on the other hand, has gone from good to better over the last 2 years. And particularly since he assumed captaincy. He and Tendulkar were the major factors for us winning a tri series down under for the first time. And post our 2-1 defeat in Sri Lanka, Dhoni's comeback was a vital factor in our series win in ODIs that followed. He followed it up with consistent performances in Bangladesh Tri series as well as Asia Cup in Pakistan. Add to that the total drubbing of England in the home ODI series.

He has done all this in addition to being the keeper as well as captain. What has KP done of substance in ODIs over the last two years?

Well, look guys, as Highlander says, it is a little unfair to compare these two players. The first one is a great finisher, and the second one is a great top/middle order batsman. You just can't compare them.

Meh Id take Gayle...

But I prefer Dhoni, he batted all over the place and still sometimes does and he has a really good record but KP is not far behind imo.

This is not the first time I am crying for poor comparisons. I generally stay away from the thread which doesn't make sense, but this is ridiculous. There must be at lease one single similar plot to compare two players, like same batting position, same role in their respective teams ect.

Anyway as I am already involved KP is more stylish and talented batsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread