Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Who is the better ODI player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right KP averages 100! I bet he will never get his average above 50. I don't see Ben back up his points haha. He just posts nonsense stuff. If you prove ICC rankings are lie then i will accept my defeat but until then, you KP supporters are the losers.

You're an utter tit, I wasn't going to reply but here are the stats:

Cricinfo Statsguru - KP Pietersen - One-Day Internationals - Batting analysis

That's batting at 5, so imagine the carnage he'd create at 7. It's not like he only had 4-5 games there either, 12 innings is more than enough to see an average go down, but he has 3 hundreds, and an unbeaten 70. Plus he's a far better batsman now than he was then, he'd run riot if he was still batting down the order. KP is king.

Strange how a dumb thread can become as long as 9 pages. I'm repeating it for the umpteenth time, you just can't compare a no 3 player with a no 7 player, this is utter stupidity. You just can't compare KP and MSD- there is nothing similar between them.

No, you can compare them as they're both batsmen. What was stupid was that Precum was insisting on including Dhoni's keeping and captaincy as a way of comparing them, which was completely ridiculous. KP's a better batsman in both forms of the game.

lol don't bother King Cricket. Seriously. I've had enough of trying to convince people that Sehwag isn't a lucky home slogger, Hayden isn't a rubbish test openner because he played for Australia and now this.

^^ I quite agree that KP is a better batsman. Dhoni is a better over-all player. Good keeper, very good batsman and so far good captaincy.

Kevin Pietersen is the best batsman in the world who is currently playing International cricket and his better then any Indian batsman that has ever played cricket.

I've got a neutral point of view, so my opinion matters the most.

/ End of thread.

Kevin Pietersen is the best batsman in the world who is currently playing International cricket and his better then any Indian batsman that has ever played cricket.

/ End of thread.

No you don't have a neutral point of view, you have shown yourself clearly anti-India in your posts. You are nothing more than a sophist who backs his arguments up with skewed statistics and through misguided empirical judgments.

No you don't have a neutral point of view, you have shown yourself clearly anti-India in your posts. You are nothing more than a sophist who backs his arguments up with skewed statistics and through misguided empirical judgments.
Well clearly I was being sarcastic. Not that I was expecting someone like yourself to know but actually I've said plenty of times that I believe Tendulkar is the best batsman of his generation. I judge players who impress me, rather then someone like yourself who lets statistics and journalists make up your opinion for you.

Well clearly I was being sarcastic. Not that I was expecting someone like yourself to know but actually I've said plenty of times that I believe Tendulkar is the best batsman of his generation. I judge players who impress me, rather then someone like yourself who lets statistics and journalists make up your opinion for you.

The implication being that I don't watch cricket? That is not true, did I ever question the use of empirical judgements, I questioned your use of them. Heck, in tour threads, I often base my opinions off watching people bowl and bat. Just because you rate Tendulkar as the best in the generation, does not mean that you are not on some tyrade against Indian batsmen such as Dhoni.

Quoting from earlier in another thread;

Greatest Opening Batsman: Hayden > Gavaskar
Greatest Middle-Order Batsman: Bradman > Tendulkar
Greatest Wicketkeeper Batsman: Gilchrist > Dhoni
Greatest Spin Bowler: Warne > Kumble
Greatest Pace Bowler: McGrath > Dev

Australia > India

Completely unprovoked remark completely shows your intentions to discredit India at every turn.

And could you please cut the insulting remarks at every turn please. Thank you.

/ End of thread.
Sarcasm is good in small doses.

Greatest Middle-Order Batsman: Bradman > Tendulkar
Greatest Spin Bowler: Warne > Kumble
Greatest Pace Bowler: McGrath > Dev

Whats wrong with that?

Last edited:
Unprovoked? The guy who I was replying to was the same guy who wrote this in this thread...

MS Dhoni said:
Yeah right KP averages 100! I bet he will never get his average above 50. I don't see Ben back up his points haha. He just posts nonsense stuff. If you prove ICC rankings are lie then i will accept my defeat but until then, you KP supporters are the losers.

I don't just degrade Indian batsman. I degrade all subcontient batsman in general with a perfect statistical analysis. It shows how good I believe subcontient batsman actually are and why I rate non-subcontient batsman greater. Only 3 subcontient batsman average over 50 outside the subcontient.

Also, you are the one who referred to me as a sophist, empirical, blah, blah, which is your opinion of me, so I gave my opinion of you. I don't insult unless I'm provoked or someone scoffs at my humble opinion. Don't try turning this the other way round.

Dhoni seems to have been doing his best to impersonate "Boundaryless Jayawardena" for the last year or so by scratching around and scoring at a strike rate of 60, so I say KP.

Unprovoked? The guy who I was replying to was the same guy who wrote this in this thread...

Does this give you a warrent to post a completely off topic remark written to gain a responce?

I don't just degrade Indian batsman. I degrade all subcontient batsman in general with a perfect statistical analysis. It shows how good I believe subcontient batsman actually are and why I rate non-subcontient batsman greater. Only 3 subcontient batsman average over 50 outside the subcontient.

It is not a perfect statistical analysis. How many subcontinent batsman are there compared to non subcontinent batsmen? What are the percentages? A perfect statistical analysis puts figures in contexts, not wildly sprays them.

Also, you are the one who referred to me as a sophist, empirical, blah, blah, which is your opinion of me, so I gave my opinion of you. I don't insult unless I'm provoked or someone scoffs at my humble opinion. Don't try turning this the other way round.

I do believe you are a sophist and my above response dictates why. I'm not sure how 'empirical' is an insult whatsoever.

Back on topic now though, I apologise for any offense caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread