No Requests Direct to Vedio Designs | Academy ID: wasteyouryouth (Updated international teams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Was the skilling and perk tweaks based on the discussion people had a few weeks ago regarding how most players were slightly overrated in-game? So far I find them to be quite well balanced and in line with my own custom tweaks (although I was a bit more generous with the golden perks and harsh on the player attributes to create more weaknesses and strengths). From my own testing with reduced skills, it led to more realistic gameplay where your star players truly mattered. It was a breeze batting with someone like Smith or Root who were 90 for example, while I had to defend and play more patiently with my openers who were all in the mid 70s. I could potentially help if you're interested assuming that there is a methodology in place. :)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Was the skilling and perk tweaks based on the discussion people had a few weeks ago regarding how most players were slightly overrated in-game? So far I find them to be quite well balanced and in line with my own custom tweaks (although I was a bit more generous with the golden perks and harsh on the player attributes to create more weaknesses and strengths). From my own testing with reduced skills, it led to more realistic gameplay where your star players truly mattered. It was a breeze batting with someone like Smith or Root who were 90 for example, while I had to defend and play more patiently with my openers who were all in the mid 70s. I could potentially help if you're interested assuming that there is a methodology in place. :)
A little from that discussion, but largely from the Lockdown tournament and that I was a bit haphazard when originally using perks. My skill method I am quite strict around the skills - a player a has a certain number of blocks and I divvy them up as I see fit. The perks perhaps skewed that because I wasn't overly concious about the changes. I'd also give higher quality players silver perks and lower quality players bronze perks - so they widens the gap between the two.

I've gone back to use perks as firstly a balance. So, Ben Stokes; I have him as an all rounder but can't give him enough blocks for batting or bowling so I've boosted him to the level I want with perks. Then, for him and other players I give some 'type' specific perks; batting gets a batting perk, bowler gets a batting perk. I've got a few physical ones, often stamina for fast bowlers because they can at times reduce quite quickly. For batsman it might be physical or fielding. For some I've given a leadership (I've no idea if this actually does anything in game other than boost their overall skills). Then I've used only the confidence (death overs, start of innings) perks, mindset (for a player with a clear higher standard in a format) and for some the 'focused' perk.

I'm not a fan of perks boosting skills in a certain format, so I've gone for confidence boost instead. A big gap in the game for me is mental attributes that result in a player being different. Cook vs Buttler was a comparison I have thought about. Cook, lower skill (or less expansive) but higher mental attributes to play test cricket at a high level. Buttler, high skill (or more expansive), excels in limited overs but, IMO, doesn't cut it at test cricket. It's perhaps a simplistic comparison but I think it largely makes sense in the context of a video game. But I don't consider either to lose technical skill in their weaker formats, it's just they are challenged in different ways.

Bevab

Staff Member
Wonder why the physical/mental skill ratings were taken away and reduced to just perks. I believe some of them made a real impact and should have still been present. Judgement was the skill I used to differentiate players like Cook from Buttler back then although I have no clue if it actually does help.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
@wasteyouryouth can u try to reupload Ireland and West Indies?
Why? It seems like you are the only one facing the issue. My guess is your links for those teams have someone gone to scrambled eggs. have those teams got a chain link next to each player? (go to manage players, then use the filter and type west indies, then ireland.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread